Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Mini Mafia Madness: Game over, Tiruin and TheDarkStar win!  (Read 32345 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mafia Madness: Of Clowns and Cannons (DAY 2 ; 1 replace needed)
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2014, 10:07:10 am »

PFP - I'll post more here when I can.

Tent 3
Okay, all, we're in MYLO now. Whitius 3 has flipped town twice, this leads me to believe their final incarnation is scum.

Persus, what's your view on the situation, coming at it fresh?

Who's your top scum pick then, Tiruin?

Tent 4
GWG 4, that's a mighty rich lie, but I'm the Freak in Tent 4 and, having inspected you last night, you're definitely a Clown. Given that you seem to be in cahoots with Griffinpup, I'm guessing you're both scum.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2014, 10:14:18 am »

o_o
What's a Freak?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2014, 10:35:08 am »

A cop, Tiruin. In tent 4, I'm a cop.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2014, 10:39:30 am »

And I'm a bloody stagehand.

:V

Ok, why are y'all claiming bloody cop!?
Same queries to you, NQT.

Why did you pick your target; compare and contrast to other peoples. Why're you claiming?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2014, 10:53:22 am »

Tent 3
Okay, all, we're in MYLO now. Whitius 3 has flipped town twice, this leads me to believe their final incarnation is scum.

Persus, what's your view on the situation, coming at it fresh?
Well, first, I need to reread through the thread. But you're committing a common statistical error. The alignment of WhitiusOpus is an independent event in each game, and the fact he has flipped town twice doesn't matter. A coin that has been flipped twice and gotten tails is not more likely to flip heads on the next flip, because coin flips are independent events. The probability of WhitiusOpus being scum is roughly 1/4.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2014, 12:45:38 pm »

Persus, aka darkpaladin, was killed in Tent 4. Being a freak in that tent (LYLO, can't hurt to mention), I'm fairly confident that griffinpup is a town, and notquitethere seemed more...I'm not sure, suspicious? More wordy, abrasive? If I had to choose between voting Tiruin and notquitethere, I would (and am) going with notquitethere. Sorry I can't quantify why; I started to, then realized that it sounded pretty pathetic. Still, the evidence for griffinpup and Tiruin is more pathetic still.
Alright Mr. Brevity [GWG 4], expound on the orange.
Be more fairly confident in how you explain things. Why is griffinpup town?
Give your reads on us all. Compare and contrast.
If you read the OP, you'd note that the freaks are this game's cops. I scanned griffinpup last night and discovered that he was another freak.

Tent 3 doesn't have a murder or a me. Who cares?
Useless rudeness doesn't need to be mentioned if it doesn't need to exist in the first place.
I try to be complete.

PPE:
When did I vote you? Are you referring to when I said that griffinpup in Tent 4 was a townperson?
Eh? you voted me D1 as far as I remember. For no reason. I mean seriously. It's 3 normalforumformat pages back.
So, you're referring to the last turn.
Yeah, I didn't have much reason then, but it was more reason than I had for anyone else, neh? Didn't we go over this?

Are you going focused or are you speaking to those players as a general statement.
Which statements? The ones where I explain why I think each of them is the clown in that tent? It's intended as specific, though I admit that they could also apply to any tent with those conditions. So, yeah, it's specific.

Err...yes.
I asked 'why' you use it. :v
I asked why it was so notable. "Pathetic" is a word that can describe something that doesn't sound so good when you actually try to construct it. Flimsy reasoning? Yes. Would you rather I vote for you? As with yesterday, my evidence for the suspected one is flimsy, but my evidence for the others is nonexistent or less.

And you're claiming cop...why?
LYLO, why?
You were fairly confident...why? [as of serious note, you said this after pup gave his mostlikelyassumed inspect]
I'm claiming cop because I am.
LYLO because the GM and the numbers say it is.
I was fairly confident because I initially left out the fact that I was cop, but changed my mind before hitting post.

Oh, also almost forgot the standard.

GWG/Flabort: After you two answer my query back there, let me ask you back: Why did you pick your target? Compared to the others, what made them stand out?
notquitethere seemed to be harsher on the murdered and vise versa than you did. Plus, there were some other...suspicious things about him. I can't quite quantify, but he gave me a more scummy vibe than you did, and as noted I know that griffinpup and I are both freaks in Tent 4.
As for griffinpup in Tent 2, the "vote for someone who promptly gets killed" sounds a lot more mafia-like than anything else anyone else did.

Well, first, I need to reread through the thread. But you're committing a common statistical error. The alignment of WhitiusOpus is an independent event in each game, and the fact he has flipped town twice doesn't matter. A coin that has been flipped twice and gotten tails is not more likely to flip heads on the next flip, because coin flips are independent events. The probability of WhitiusOpus being scum is roughly 1/4.
Beat me to it.
Of course, nqt seems to be operating under the assumption that one of WhitiusOpius's aspects must be mafia, because at the beginning there was a 55% chence that it was so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2014, 12:53:56 pm »

Tent 3 doesn't have a murder or a me. Who cares?
Useless rudeness doesn't need to be mentioned if it doesn't need to exist in the first place.
I try to be complete.
You. Aren't. Even. In. It.

So, you're referring to the last turn.
Yeah, I didn't have much reason then, but it was more reason than I had for anyone else, neh? Didn't we go over this?
I don't even your explanation.
'More reason than I had for anyone else' ???

I asked why it was so notable. "Pathetic" is a word that can describe something that doesn't sound so good when you actually try to construct it. Flimsy reasoning? Yes. Would you rather I vote for you? As with yesterday, my evidence for the suspected one is flimsy, but my evidence for the others is nonexistent or less.
>_<
I was asking 'why' because there's a reason why you'd be using such an adjective.
You aren't detailing it at all and rather offer many alternatives which don't help.

I'm claiming cop because I am.
LYLO because the GM and the numbers say it is.
I was fairly confident because I initially left out the fact that I was cop, but changed my mind before hitting post.
...ok, let me expound.
Why is this cop claiming he is a cop? Does this cop not notice that there is the scumteam, and given his due logic--he has spotted another cop! He'd then be telling it to, oh, whom now?
I am curious in regard to your motive GWG. You did note it is LYLO, yes?

With your brevity, you still fail to answer why you targeted griffinpup. Also, why you're claiming cop. 'Because I am' isn't a convincing reason. You need to back this reason up with statements to persuade, convince or otherwise "paint a picture" for others to understand.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2014, 01:01:51 pm »

I had a shade of a reason for X and no reason for Y. Therefore I chose X. Isn't that clear?

I'm not sure what you're asking. When you ask, quote "why use an adjective," it sounds like you're asking why I used the adjective, so I explained why I used the adjective "pathetic". If you're asking why I used an adjective at all, it was because I want to be complete, because...well...townies are all in this together, you know? We should be honest. And if that detail comes off as a scumtell...well...dishonesty is a scumtell, honesty is a scumtell, silence is a scumtell, what's a player to do?

I noticed that it is LYLO. That's why I'm telling people I'm a cop. If people don't believe me, we may be screwed. If the mafia believe me, it doesn't matter. What matters is this next lynch. We lynch right, or we lose. That's what LYLO means, isn't it? If I tell, and people believe me, we might be able to avoid a mislynch and hence a loss.

Why did I target griffinpup? Because he was the most suspicious person in the tent.

Why am I cop? Because that's the role the GM gave me. What am I supposed to do to prove it to you? Is there a secret cop handshake that newbies don't know about?
Stripping away the sarcasm...seriously, how is someone supposed to prove that they're a cop?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2014, 01:17:56 pm »

Stripping away the sarcasm...seriously, how is someone supposed to prove that they're a cop?
Mmm...well, obviously claiming--but its also in how you claim that matters.
Right now, you've a contending claim against you being NQT's. Though, as a point to you, I can get that generally newbies look for inspect targets being more apparent than not.

Though I question why griffinpup is the most suspicious? One of the best ways to explain yourself is to assume an invisible 'why' when you think of an answer to a question (that doesn't have a Why).
I mean, I get one part about him: I could say the suspicion was on him due to that one vote which caused the lynch to happen due to. . .him not being there. But I'd like to see your reasoning as what I get...doesn't amount to much, really.

Though I'm still awaiting NQT/Griffy's words on their accounts, too.

IC advice section: Look at the scenario of today and check: who can you trust based on what YOU know? Who can't you trust given what YOU know? Make a case on such and advance it. Communicate with your suspected target. :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2014, 01:42:45 pm »

Right now, you've a contending claim against you being NQT's. Though, as a point to you, I can get that generally newbies look for inspect targets being more apparent than not.
Alright. So, how do I claim in a way that makes me look legit, keeping in mind that a mafia would also know whatever common knowledge you cite and would attempt to emulate it?

Want an example? NQT didn't claim he was a cop until after I did. He claimed that I was definitely a mafia, whereas I merely claimed that he was not not a mafia, and the most likely suspect. While I'm at it, my story is internally consistent with griffinpup's. First, keep in mind that NQT's claim is more convenient. Second...well...there are three possibilities:
1. NQT is telling the truth. Only after hearing my lie and griffinpup's did he actually decide to share his information. Oh, and the lie I made was also an inconvenient one--rather than claiming that NQT was the clown, I stated that griffinpup was not, and that I found him more suspicious than you.
2. I am telling the truth, and my suspicions are correct. NQT, not wanting to lose, claims that I'm lying mafia to try and divert suspicion.
3. I am telling the truth, but my suspicions are incorrect. This would imply two things: One, you (Tiruin) are the tent 4 clown, and two, NQT decided to lie about his role. Unlikely.
Which seems more likely? One, or two?
...Actually, I just thought of some other things.
First off, NQT claims that griffinpup and I are collaborating. If I'm mafia, why would griffinpup be collaborating with me? If my math is correct, two out of four clowns is enough for an instant mafia victory.
Second off...well...I say that NQT is probably mafia and that griffinpup is cop. griffinpup says that I'm a cop, and once he sees NQT's vote and claim, he'll vote NQT as well, regardless of if it's to stop me from being lynched or to lynch the obvious (to him) mafia. You can vote for me, tying it and guaranteeing loss, or you can vote for someone else (or abstain), lynching NQT and possibly winning the game, depending on if you trust me.

That...was easier than I thought it would be. Also longer.

Though I question why griffinpup is the most suspicious? One of the best ways to explain yourself is to assume an invisible 'why' when you think of an answer to a question (that doesn't have a Why).
I mean, I get one part about him: I could say the suspicion was on him due to that one vote which caused the lynch to happen due to. . .him not being there. But I'd like to see your reasoning as what I get...doesn't amount to much, really.
Yeah...doesn't amount to much. My reasoning is that what I have on everyone else amounts to less.

IC advice section: Look at the scenario of today and check: who can you trust based on what YOU know? Who can't you trust given what YOU know? Make a case on such and advance it. Communicate with your suspected target. :)
Tent 4: I can trust me and griffinpup. I cannot trust NQT. I don't know if I can trust Tiruin.
Tent 2: I don't frikkin' know.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2014, 01:47:55 pm »

Alright. So, how do I claim in a way that makes me look legit, keeping in mind that a mafia would also know whatever common knowledge you cite and would attempt to emulate it?
...You just did claim to try to make yourself legit. :)
*IC high-five*
PFP though, Unvote GWG 4. . .This will take a lot of pondering to do. [apologies, skimmed]
Unvoted more on suspicion than not, however seeing as this is LYLO, then we either have 2 mafia or 1 mafia and 1 non-town-aligned-wincon that isn't a third-party.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2014, 01:49:13 pm »

(And the PFP//unvoted thing was more on the note that I won't be around for the nex tlong time most likely :/)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2014, 01:52:33 pm »

Cool.

The golden aspect in the fourth tent is unexpectedly high-fived.
Sig

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2014, 02:24:33 pm »

Yeah, I'm a cop, by the way.  And I got town on GWG... Great.  Umm, NQT, your claim is as panicked as it is ludicrous.  Assuming that GWG and I are both mafia means that this game's already over.  Assuming one of us is town and is merely lying is also quite ludicrous.
NQT 4

And... That's all the time I got right now.  Tent 2 postponed to later today, again...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2014, 04:49:11 pm »

Tent 3:
Since you guys have no information because of your attempts to explain scumtells to GWG instead of demonstrating them by scumhunting, I have nothing to go on and it's MYLO. I suggest a No Lynch. However, my top scumpick currently is NQT 3 because he seems more determined to lynch a player on spurious reasoning than getting information.

Tiruin: Who do you think is scum in Tent 3? Opinion on No lynch?
WhitiusOpus: Opinion on game so far?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20