Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Mini Mafia Madness: Game over, Tiruin and TheDarkStar win!  (Read 32380 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Watching the show, but not quite paying attention, a figure was flipping a card between his hands, with every flip it changing suit. "Still got it. I don't doubt I could have taken the job here", he says to the woman beside him. "But I've heard of the risks the performers have to take and the time they have to put into their shows. I just don't have that kind of time." Suddenly, most of the audience gasped. The man glanced upwards. What had happened?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:47:07 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I'll have to replace as well. We are currently in finals right now, and I don't have the time available.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I'll have to replace as well. We are currently in finals right now, and I don't have the time available.
It's finals here too and I'm still playing. ;D
God Bless in your finals, buddy. Well wishes onto you.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

That's regrettable, but I hope you do well on your finals Whitius.
Persus13 has replaced DarkPaladin109. WhitiusOpus is up for replacement.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watching the show, but not quite paying attention, a figure was flipping a card between his hands, with every flip it changing suit. "Still got it. I don't doubt I could have taken the job here", he says to the woman beside him. "But I've heard of the risks the performers have to take and the time they have to put into their shows. I just don't have that kind of time." Suddenly, most of the audience gasped. The man glanced upwards. What had happened?

Two acrobats had just disappeared! A dark paladin-looking performer and a white-painted guy with a musician's opus painted on him had both vanished, and in their place was the performer only known as Persus the 13th. Place was made for a second performer, and the audience was full of anticipation. Suddenly...
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

And that's all tonight folks! We'll be here again tomorrow night!

The crowd cheered for the performers, and all too soon the empty seats were being swept clean of spilled popcorn and discarded nachos. The performers return to their individual trailers and tents for a rest.

The sun rises, and the Ringmaster is heard on a megaphone, rousing the workers and performers from their slumber. Two aspects do not return, however. One of the painted men who had vanished during the performance, and one of the newly arrived performers. The troupe checked every tent, and found one body painted head to toe in tie-dye cement. The other was no where to be found, but there were signs the clown's man cannon had been fired, and scraps of cloth and his papers proving his heritage were found clinging to the barrel.

WhitiusOpus (Up for replacement) has been killed in Tent 2. He was a Stage Hand.

Persus13 (replaced DarkPaladin109) has been killed in Tent 4. He was a Stage Hand.

Night 1 Ends. Day 1 begins.

It is now LYLO in Tent 2! Tent 3 is in MYLO! The mod completely gapped and forgot to say Tent 4 was in MYLO on day 1! The Mod will pretend it's LYLO in Tent 4.

Day ends on... Well, it would end Saturday, but work has graciously scheduled me for a weekend. So Monday at 8:00 Forum Time.

VOTECOUNTS:

Tent 2:
TheDarkStar (0):
Griffinpup (0):
GreatWyrmGold (0):
Not Voting (3): Griffinpup, GreatWyrmGold, TheDarkStar

Tent 3:
DarkPaladin109 Persus13 (0):
NotQuiteThere (0):
WhitiusOpus (0):
Tiruin (0):
Not Voting (4): Persus13, WhitiusOpus, Tiruin, NotQuiteThere

Tent 4:
Griffinpup (0):
GreatWyrmGold (0):
Tiruin (0):
NotQuiteThere (0):
Not Voting (4): NotQuiteThere, Griffinpup, GreatWyrmGold,Tiruin

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:37:18 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mafia Madness: Of Clowns and Cannons (DAY 2 ; 1 replace needed)
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2014, 08:52:26 am »

Um...wasn't there a Tent 1? Also, what's MYLO?
I'll need to look back to figure out who I'm voting for.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2014, 09:13:35 am »

Oh, right, Tent 1 won. D'oh.

Persus, aka darkpaladin, was killed in Tent 4. Being a freak in that tent (LYLO, can't hurt to mention), I'm fairly confident that griffinpup is a town, and notquitethere seemed more...I'm not sure, suspicious? More wordy, abrasive? If I had to choose between voting Tiruin and notquitethere, I would (and am) going with notquitethere. Sorry I can't quantify why; I started to, then realized that it sounded pretty pathetic. Still, the evidence for griffinpup and Tiruin is more pathetic still.
Tent 3 doesn't have a murder or a me. Who cares?
Tent 2...Whitius was killed. griffinpup voted for his death (I forget what tent), so it's possible that he's continuing that vendetta. However, I notice something...unusual.
Whitius Opius 1 Whitius Opius 2 Whitius Opius 3— You're my game twin, the metaphorical whiteface to my auguste. I know I'm good in every game: what assurances do I have that you're not bad in every game?
It seems odder once I reread. Whiteface is evidently a mountain and a method of coloring one's face white. However, "white" is generally considered a good thing. Auguste...that's vaguer, but maybe a ship? Doesn't matter. Besides, if we lynch notquitethere everywhere, I've got a good chance of getting at least one clown! Therefore, I vote griffinpup because that is BS reasoning, and my initial point about griffinpup is stronger.
Now to figure out an RP post to justify this stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2014, 09:24:42 am »

Um...wasn't there a Tent 1? Also, what's MYLO?
I'll need to look back to figure out who I'm voting for.
o_o
There is a Tent 1, however the game there is over since all Mafia are dead and the Town faction won (one faction primarily wins) and-

You didn't know of MYLO? I-..I thought the BM Sprint would introduce you to-...
...Ok, IC Tiruin into the play.
Look at the last BM (not Sprint) for knowledge of terms.
MYLO is the general situation wherein the point of reference is the Town viewpoint (ie MY = Mislynch; LO = Lose) meaning Mislynch or Lose.
Meaning that if there's a Mislynch (ie you feel that that dude is scum, go lynch his/her head off, but dude is town), then Town generally loses [if lacking protect/redirect/blocking role] due to the scum [in most cases] having a factional kill! Thus making their numbers higher than town :D

LYLO is the endgame all-hands-out counterpart. Lynch or Lose.
The Town should lynch scum or they will lose. MYLO has an alternative wherein players could vote for a No Lynch wherein the general situation would be [Scum would NK] which leads to LYLO in the next day, sans any Town member being a Vigilante [and thus, having a kill].

Note that both of these terms have anchors in [Roles that can Kill]; [Presence of Protect/Redirect/Blocker Role {generally MYLO only}] and [Number domination == Vote per player]; [Vote PowerRoles, ie those that can 'boost' or 'steal' a player's vote and shift the lynch]
Why these terms are used most especially in a BM are that its linear to understand, and thus easy to get the concept. If you're being introduced to it now, then I'm putting (most probably) all scenarios that may happen in relation to the terms given.

So.
...GWG, you were voting me for completely no reason other than ...something something vague you were speaking about :v

A nyway, PFP dudes.
Significant RL event happened that speaks of: Rushing Projects, House displacement, Vaguely figurative stuff that may be bad but may in the slim chance of hope be just trivial, mechanical failure.

PPE: Oh finally you found it out :V

Query: GWG. You're playing now, in two tents. Will you attempt to differentiate the targets and audience you speak to, or are you still poking them as a generality like I assume you did in D1?

Also why do you use the word 'pathetic' so freely :v

Also...seriously. If you vote people--make sure it adheres to the rules in accordance with the vote in question, put the number of the tent in relation to the person in question being voted :^

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2014, 09:36:58 am »

Not much time right now, but GWG is town in tent 4:

And i'll get back to tent 2 later today.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2014, 09:41:17 am »

Tent 4

Not much time right now, but GWG is town in tent 4:

And i'll get back to tent 2 later today.
. . . Mmm..

Query Griffin: This seems more like a cop claim rather than an 'I think this player is [alignment]' claim, unless you'd like to give your reads on all of us present?

Why are you claiming?

NQT: Could I ask your observation and reads on everyone in T4; consider the idea of what happened at day end: what were your thoughts then, too?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2014, 09:46:03 am »

MYLO is the general situation wherein the point of reference is the Town viewpoint (ie MY = Mislynch; LO = Lose) meaning Mislynch or Lose.
Meaning that if there's a Mislynch (ie you feel that that dude is scum, go lynch his/her head off, but dude is town), then Town generally loses [if lacking protect/redirect/blocking role] due to the scum [in most cases] having a factional kill! Thus making their numbers higher than town :D
Ah. That makes sense (except for the name).

So.
...GWG, you were voting me for completely no reason other than ...something something vague you were speaking about :v
When did I vote you? Are you referring to when I said that griffinpup in Tent 4 was a townperson?

Query: GWG. You're playing now, in two tents. Will you attempt to differentiate the targets and audience you speak to, or are you still poking them as a generality like I assume you did in D1?
I tried. Did I not identify which tents I was referring to?
If asked on general matters, I'll answer generally.

Also why do you use the word 'pathetic' so freely :v
I used it twice, once in reference to my own reasoning and once to parallel my previous use of the word.

Also...seriously. If you vote people--make sure it adheres to the rules in accordance with the vote in question, put the number of the tent in relation to the person in question being voted :^[/b]
What, it wasn't obvious?
Fine. notquitethere, tent 4, and griffinpup, tent 2, as anyone should be able to determine easily.

Not much time right now, but GWG is town in tent 4
We scanned each other.
Best cops ever.

Query Griffin: This seems more like a cop claim rather than an 'I think this player is [alignment]' claim, unless you'd like to give your reads on all of us present?
Why are you claiming?
I can confirm the former. Like I said, best cops ever.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2014, 09:49:57 am »

Persus, aka darkpaladin, was killed in Tent 4. Being a freak in that tent (LYLO, can't hurt to mention), I'm fairly confident that griffinpup is a town, and notquitethere seemed more...I'm not sure, suspicious? More wordy, abrasive? If I had to choose between voting Tiruin and notquitethere, I would (and am) going with notquitethere. Sorry I can't quantify why; I started to, then realized that it sounded pretty pathetic. Still, the evidence for griffinpup and Tiruin is more pathetic still.
Alright Mr. Brevity [GWG 4], expound on the orange.
Be more fairly confident in how you explain things. Why is griffinpup town?
Give your reads on us all. Compare and contrast.

Tent 3 doesn't have a murder or a me. Who cares?
Useless rudeness doesn't need to be mentioned if it doesn't need to exist in the first place.

PPE:
When did I vote you? Are you referring to when I said that griffinpup in Tent 4 was a townperson?
Eh? you voted me D1 as far as I remember. For no reason. I mean seriously. It's 3 normalforumformat pages back.

I tried. Did I not identify which tents I was referring to?
If asked on general matters, I'll answer generally.
Err, I mean your first post of this day.
Are you going focused or are you speaking to those players as a general statement.

I used it twice, once in reference to my own reasoning and once to parallel my previous use of the word.
Err...yes.
I asked 'why' you use it. :v

We scanned each other.
Best cops ever.
And you're claiming cop...why?
LYLO, why?
You were fairly confident...why? [as of serious note, you said this after pup gave his mostlikelyassumed inspect]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2014, 09:53:55 am »

Oh, also almost forgot the standard.

GWG/Flabort: After you two answer my query back there, let me ask you back: Why did you pick your target? Compared to the others, what made them stand out?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2014, 09:55:34 am »

Also GWG, could you edit out that one night post info and post it in your new post? >_>
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20