Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Mini Mafia Madness: Game over, Tiruin and TheDarkStar win!  (Read 32395 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mafia Madness: A Clown Car full of bodies (DAY 1)
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2014, 07:00:35 pm »

Oooooo yes everything's a scumtell~
What matters is the context and essence of why it is a scumtell instead of basing it on your spurious case of paranoia.
Could you in the least detail something for this time rather then go with your brevity like you laid out before?
Honestly? I've got nothing, and unlike some people I've seen in College of Cardinals game (who followed such logic and promptly lynched the doc), I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that what people say is in any way a reliable indicator of what they are. That would require the scum to be pretty damn incompetent, to miss tells that you know about; anyways, most "tells" I've heard seem fairly likely to happen on accident by a townie.

The difference is, I'm playing in all games with Whitius. I'm only playing in two games with you, so your chance of being town in all games from my perspective are: 4/5 * 3/4 * 4/5, or 12/25. There's not much in it, but mathematically, I've got a better reason to vote Whitius right now. And even this isn't a very strong reason, but the fact that they've yet to post is also another good reason to vote them: an inactive player can't be relied on to help town win at LYLO.
I believe you've managed to excellently miss the point.
I was saying that your method of determining who the scum are is exactly as reliable as picking a random person in each tent. You might have a point with the inactivity thing, but don't go boasting about how mathematically superior your method when it's as good as guessing.

OK, there's a kernel of a good argument here but you're fighting the wrong person. Asking people to explain themselves when it's not clear to you why a town player would say the thing they just said (and backing up such a request with a threat of a vote) is legitimate scumhunting. Do you disagree?
In theory? No. In practice? Well, regardless of if the player is scum or town, he'll have a reason. If the reason sounds good, it means that either the player's a townie who has a good reason, or that he's a scum who's good at making up reasons. If it sounds bad, it means that the player is a scum who isn't so good at hiding things, unless it's an honest townie who has an unusual reason. Real conclusive...

WhitiusOpus (1): NotQuiteThere, Griffinpup
Let's check our math, shall we?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2014, 07:02:58 pm »

Thanks for the correction, got me to check another number and correct it too.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2014, 07:21:17 pm »

You got my vote on DS wrong, Flabort wrong tent,

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2014, 07:24:59 pm »

That explains the "break the tie" comment. I could not figure that out for the life of me :P
The Cyan Menace

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2014, 07:32:53 pm »

GWG I know you're out there: you're about to lynch a town player when far better options are available. This may be used against you if you are town and survive to D2.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2014, 07:55:47 pm »

This is how you lynch town with baseless RVS votes when there are MUCH better candidates. Let this be a lesson to you all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2014, 08:13:44 pm »

Oooooo yes everything's a scumtell~
What matters is the context and essence of why it is a scumtell instead of basing it on your spurious case of paranoia.
Could you in the least detail something for this time rather then go with your brevity like you laid out before?
Honestly? I've got nothing, and unlike some people I've seen in College of Cardinals game (who followed such logic and promptly lynched the doc), I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that what people say is in any way a reliable indicator of what they are. That would require the scum to be pretty damn incompetent, to miss tells that you know about; anyways, most "tells" I've heard seem fairly likely to happen on accident by a townie.
You're biased on Mafia because of one game.

One.
Game.

*looks at time*
This is day end isn't it.
Fish.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2014, 08:23:52 pm »

Day 1 has ended!
All the clowns had disguised themselves in plainclothes. As work crews and performers milled around, arguments broke out and tools were passed about.

In the first tent, a suspicious looking Dark Paladin was cornered by hammer wielding thugs preaching about the vices of a circus. A hundred solid thumps, and they all started glowing, the soul fragments separating from their bodies and returning to the site where the big tent had been. Moments later the Ringmaster walked into the tent to observe the scene.

And I had such high hopes for that one. I guess you can proceed with your duties.

Proceding to the next tent, the Ringmaster found his crews stringing up someone who didn't look to be all there. The life flowed out of them, and then nothing happened.

I would appreciate it if you didn't kill the hired help. And get that corpse down by the time we open.

When the ringmaster reaches the third tent, a shadowy figure is being beaten with a familiar looking cane. The Ringmaster grabs it, and gives it a twirl, checking for damage. He looks at the dark guy who was being beaten.

He's not going to survive. You should all get ready for the opening performance.

At the forth tent, there is another brutal scene. A guy in overalls is being strangled with a pipe wrench. When he stops breathing and is dropped to the ground, the ringmaster just shrugs and turns around.

DarkPaladin109 has been lynched in Tent 1! He was The Prophet of the Dark Ringmaster. Circus victory in Tent 1! Tiruin, TheDarkStar, GreatWyrmGold, and Griffinpup each earn 1 point!

NotQuiteThere has been lynched in Tent 2! He was a Stage Hand. Play continues to Night 1.

TheDarkStar has been lynched in Tent 3! He was The Bearer of the Ringmaster's Cane. Play continues to Night 1.

WhitiusOpus has been lynched in Tent 4! He was a Stage Hand. Play continues to Night 1.

Night 1 Begins!

Please send in your night actions in 24 hours. Night ends on Thursday May15 at 8:00 Forum time, and is now open for roleplay!
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:08 pm »

As the neon turns on, and the night does brighten, in the ring stands one person, followed by a kitten.
It is Tiruin! She stands, garbed in full circus attire. Flamboyant in nature, with a masque covering her sire.
The kitten rounds her, in circles of eight. She picks the kitty up, and in all eyes it conflagrates.
Yet by the masque she does wear, no emotion is seen. The fires stop burning, and all's left is a bean.

She draws a sabre behind her flamboyant dress, and pokes a hole in the ground, planting the bean--yet I digress.
Immediately a stalk shoots, and a flower bud ripens. Out pops the kitten! How the audience was frightened.
She who burned it lowered her sword, and the kitten looked up. It pranced and it balanced, on the sword like a pup.

Tiruin smiled-yet not obvious, it seems-as she flung the kitten in the air. It landed on the upper beam.
The Masque sheathed her sword, and began climbing the pillars, at the top was a rope--a razor-thin wire.
An unsheathed sabre in her hand, she bowed to the crowds; she adopted a dueling stance, and trapiezed on the house.
The kitten, however, did not obviously stay put. It disappeared behind a curtain, and out came a mouse.

Now the two were on the same height--the elevated platforms in the air,
Tiruin stared calmly, the mouse took her dare. With a leap and a hop, it came upon the wire, the two met in the center, with only an inch between death and dire.
The Masque lowered her sword, and the mouse hopped on the tip. With a flourish of weapon, the swordswoman gave it a flick.
The mouse flew into the air, and fell off the wire. With a bow, did Tiruin follow, before backflipping down after.

Oh the mouse truly did fall--and a fall it truly was. No safety net in sight, a danger to death it caused.
Yet gravity is silly, as silly as can be. As in the circus, nothing truly is, as magnificent as you see.
Before the ground a squeak is heard, Tiruin caught the little one, and in a show of acrobatics, landed like a cat on the sun.
The balls of her feet took the blow firsthand, she landed in a crouch, and bowed once again.

The audience did stare, for this was different, you see. Out from the cusp of her hands, was a kitten-no three!
And in her other, was the mouse and its squeak. Tiruin bowed again, her masque covering her glee.
The lights dimmed once, and twice in that manner. What was left of the stage was a now truly empty platter.
Tiruin disappeared, done with her act for the limelight--whatever is, would happen, whatever is, is in the night.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Peter Ward, Prime Minister of Alaria, had come to the circus to avoid dealing with conflict for a bit.  He hoped the circus would be relaxing and fun (the loss of his lolcat shipment having lost him one of his few ways to relax).  He thought there would be no fighting.  Unfortunately, there was a stage hand's corpse in his seat.

After moving the corpse to Hall's seat, Ward began watching the performances intently.  The first performer seemed a bit familiar (a courier, perhaps?), but the cat was adorable, and that's what mattered.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2014, 10:20:49 pm »

-edited out due to game-relatedness-
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:22:30 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2014, 10:22:54 pm »

The Cyan Menace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2014, 10:28:21 pm »

GWG I know you're out there: you're about to lynch a town player when far better options are available. This may be used against you if you are town and survive to D2.
Isn't that exactly what you would say if you were a mafia player?
And thus you see my point about why scumtells from anything but votes and other such actions are bogus.

You're biased on Mafia because of one game.

One.
Game.
The only game I've had much experience in. And did I fail to imply sufficiently that this one was failing to change my views? Because it is.

Two of the golden aspects simply watch and wait for their jobs to come up. A third struts about proudly, enjoying his work in the circus, preparing for the coming day.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please remove the game related things for now (but feel free to post them tomorrow).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2014, 10:32:47 pm »

-snipped-

Two of the golden aspects simply watch and wait for their jobs to come up. A third struts about proudly, enjoying his work in the circus, preparing for the coming day.

The ringmaster gayly points to one corner of the stage, and a spotlight shines on one golden aspect. A giant lizard creature stands behind the golden man.
(How the lizard is part of your act is up to you)
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20