Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!  (Read 35864 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Day 1 - The Intelligence Report
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2014, 10:49:08 am »

Pisskop:
MOWE, what is your favorite role?

Also do you prefer games with standardized roles or filled with uncertainty?
I very much prefer games with standardized roles. Uncertainty scares me. That being said, I like the cop role because cop investigations usually don't lie and I know whether I can trust someone or not. Although my one experience with having a cop role reminded me just how newb I really am...

Wolfywolf:
Everyone: Would you rather play vanilla town or one of the two town power roles.  If the power roles, which power roles, and why for any choice.
I'm inclined to say I'd like to be vanilla town just because I don't seem to do not-vanilla things very well, but in a perfect world where I could be good at mafia, I'd choose cop just because I don't like uncertainty.

Everyone who has played with me: Have you ever seen me be useful day one?  In a standard game?
Uhh... slightly? I know you're there sometimes and you do things, but you don't seem really...engaged? I dunno. I'm too lazy to look up old games.

I think I'm going to go ahead and toss out an extend. More time to figure things out would be nice.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2014, 11:13:13 am »

Wolfywolf:
Everyone: Would you rather play vanilla town or one of the two town power roles.  If the power roles, which power roles, and why for any choice.
I'm inclined to say I'd like to be vanilla town just because I don't seem to do not-vanilla things very well, but in a perfect world where I could be good at mafia, I'd choose cop just because I don't like uncertainty.

Everyone who has played with me: Have you ever seen me be useful day one?  In a standard game?
Uhh... slightly? I know you're there sometimes and you do things, but you don't seem really...engaged? I dunno. I'm too lazy to look up old games.
More people playing would also be nice.

MOWE: If you were forced to vote right now, who would you vote for and why?

Also, I'll second that extend.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2014, 11:31:14 am »

pisskop:
Okay so unless anyone has objections Ill slip Soldier into a right pile.  The inquiries are helpful.  Though all the pointed questions are pointy.

Could you clarify what you mean by the first sentence here?
Right, err protown.  Nulltown.

What makes you come to that conclusion so early in Day 1?
Partly to test reactions, partly to spur discussion.  I almost didnt post it until I saw andrew fit my criteria of having voted and eligible for a wagon.

So, your first-post plan to instantly end RVS didn't work, so now... you're trying it again? What do you hope to accomplish?
Hopefully a wagon.  I maintain that votes are the town's single best [sometimes only] tool for getting information.  Wagons are the result of coordinated votes.  Thus, any wagon is a good wagon so long as it sparks discussion.

Soldier, what is your experience with Tiruin?  What kind of payer is he?

She is a very solid player, who had been playing for at least a year when I started. She's pretty thorough and verbose.

O,O
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:40 am »

almost forgot:

moar posting plz

extend.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2014, 11:39:23 am »

Pisskop: Why are you voting for Andrew?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2014, 11:41:55 am »

no valid non-RVS reason.  Just no reason to change.

unvote Andrew[color]
PKs DF Mod!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2014, 02:03:41 pm »

Since not much is happening (as has been stated), Extend.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2014, 02:23:25 pm »

Extend, real post later today.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2014, 03:10:34 pm »

extend argh

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2014, 03:13:04 pm »

Does this put us halfway though extend #2, since we have 6/9 people voting to extend (with 4/9 necessary)?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2014, 03:24:00 pm »

Does this put us halfway though extend #2, since we have 6/9 people voting to extend (with 4/9 necessary)?
I'll count this as one very well backed extend request, and wipe the extend votes.  A second extension is possible if people request it too.

As the crew grew calmer, many of the initial accusations were retracted.

Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*4maskwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Andrew425 - (0)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - (0)
*pisskop - Tiruin, The Soldier (2)
Not Voting: MyOwnWorstEnemy, 4maskwolf, Persus13, Tack, TheDarkStar, Andrew425, pisskop

Day definitely extended. Day ends 12:00 PM PST Wednesday, April 23rd.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2014, 05:49:50 pm »

no valid non-RVS reason.  Just no reason to change.

unvote Andrew[color]

If you have no reason to change then why are you doing that?

pisskop
May the mass times acceleration be with you

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2014, 06:16:55 pm »

Andrew

If I had not unvoted you would you react in a similar fashion?

PKs DF Mod!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »

PFP

@pisskop:
Do you value reaction-testing more than studying the content of people's posts in regard to your own findings/questions?
Tiruin, what do you think of The Soldier's play thus far?  Does it match your experience of him being town?
Him posting? Yeah it does. The fact that he's posting gives me the idea that he may be town :v
Sarcasm aside: I can't judge by superficial value. I usually undergo a rather...thorough study of one's communication or by observing it done with others to judge a person in Mafia. What I think of his play is that he's a rather nice player to play with. A normal person: astute, clever and with a capable mindset.

What do you think of him? Why do you ask me what I think of him and/or a specific note of him being town?

What can you learn from what your first post was meant to do?
Why do you use such specific terminology such as 'bandwagon' and make it a verb, applying it to yourself?
*Why do you ask me a rhetorical question when in being such a state: It is the post's essence (the post order does not matter) or the details within it that matters.
My RVS post was just that.  At best a poke, at worst a gaffe.  Did you find it particularly disturbing?  Do you expect mafia to try to hide in non-content rather than offer up a vague question and comment?

I don't know if I follow the third statement.  It seems that you expect every post to contain content.  Is this correct?  What are you looking for in the first post of the game?  Do all first posts of your game contain that?

I'm not getting you. Please expound?
I was merely offering up my opinion.  Were I one of two mafia in a game of 9 I would ignore my partner in the early game, addressing a weaker post of theirs later.  So although its clear my playstyle is alien here, I feel it is likely that for fear of making an early association one of the mafia was hanging back a little, letting more meat separate the two.
...Alien? That's not alien. It's blatant.
Blatant to me due to the matter that I've been exposed to tracing and backtracking of connections and leads in any kind of setting which requires interpersonal inspection.
Query on that matter: Why are you posting in brevity?

I don't know if I follow the third statement.  It seems that you expect every post to contain content.  Is this correct?  What are you looking for in the first post of the game?  Do all first posts of your game contain that?
Eh? 'My' game? This is our game, silly. :v I don't own Mafia (or anyone GM'ing it).
And yes. Yes I quite do expect every post to be pertinent, rather than just contain 'content'. What I'm looking for in the first post is: "Nothing much, just something to talk about".

...And I've no idea what 'that' is.
Bandwagon is an action.  You bandwagon somebody, as a group.  I used it as a verb because it is a verb.
You do know that the usage of 'bandwagon' here is as defined in the original context, right? Not benevolent or neutral in the least, it shows people just 'hopping on' for superficial or nebulous reasons--malevolent, in my eyes, because it doesn't show thought behind why the action is committed, and in regard to alignments and such, a very poor move for Town because they're not upholding their wincon (and its approach) properly unless a motive is given or if scum, a move that is hard to differentiate only in subtle detail.

tl;dr: Terminology. See the differences.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2014, 09:26:55 pm »

Brevity?  :/  maybe Im missing that part.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18