Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Game over! Scum victory!  (Read 35840 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 4: Day 1 - The Intelligence Report
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2014, 06:41:39 pm »

Hello everyone!

The Soldier:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: How do you determine whether someone is intentionally lurking or is inactive for an innocent reason?
I expect that when people have reasons to be away, they'll say it's RL stuffs and I usually give them the benefit of a doubt in that regard.

TDS:
MOWE: Least favorite not-Townie role?
Hmm...I haven't had much experience with being not-town. I suppose just being a vanilla Mafioso seems kind of... boring compared to the third party and other mafia roles I know of.

Tack:
OWM: You think you'll have time to play this game?
I'm assuming this is addressed to me? Yes. I do think I'll have the time to play.  Although there may be a day here and there where I don't have the time, I'm sure it won't interfere with the game's progress.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 06:59:03 pm »

What can you learn from what your first post was meant to do?
Why do you use such specific terminology such as 'bandwagon' and make it a verb, applying it to yourself?
*Why do you ask me a rhetorical question when in being such a state: It is the post's essence (the post order does not matter) or the details within it that matters.
My RVS post was just that.  At best a poke, at worst a gaffe.  Did you find it particularly disturbing?  Do you expect mafia to try to hide in non-content rather than offer up a vague question and comment?

Bandwagon is an action.  You bandwagon somebody, as a group.  I used it as a verb because it is a verb.

I don't know if I follow the third statement.  It seems that you expect every post to contain content.  Is this correct?  What are you looking for in the first post of the game?  Do all first posts of your game contain that?

I'm not getting you. Please expound?
I was merely offering up my opinion.  Were I one of two mafia in a game of 9 I would ignore my partner in the early game, addressing a weaker post of theirs later.  So although its clear my playstyle is alien here, I feel it is likely that for fear of making an early association one of the mafia was hanging back a little, letting more meat separate the two.

---
Tiruin, what do you think of The Soldier's play thus far?  Does it match your experience of him being town?

Soldier, what is your experience with Tiruin?  What kind of payer is he?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 07:05:13 pm »

MOWE, what is your favorite role?

Also do you prefer games with standardized roles or filled with uncertainty?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 09:15:19 pm »

Everyone: Would you rather play vanilla town or one of the two town power roles.  If the power roles, which power roles, and why for any choice.

AND IF CHEESE POKES HIS HEAD IN HERE I KNOW WHAT HE WOULD CHOOSE SO DON'T BOTHER ANSWERING.

Though it would be funny if it was something different.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2014, 09:51:19 pm »

Apoligies for not posting yet. RL is annoying and the current Begginer's Mafia is taking all my Bay12 time atm. I promise I'll try to get in a post by Sunday.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

Everyone: Would you rather play vanilla town or one of the two town power roles.  If the power roles, which power roles, and why for any choice.

I'd want to be a jailor. It lets you both block and protect, along with being able to get info from those.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2014, 10:31:52 pm »

Soldier: You say that you want to know others play styles.  Okay.  Here's a free tidbit:
I am not a particularly avid day one player.  I am not someone who ascribes to the belief that day one is important.  I sit and I wait, watching the actions of everyone else.  You'll see more of me day 2, assuming that I can clear up a life situation.

The people here who have played mafia with me can vouch for this, not that they need to.

Everyone who has played with me: Have you ever seen me be useful day one?  In a standard game?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 10:35:47 pm »

Soldier: You say that you want to know others play styles.  Okay.  Here's a free tidbit:
I am not a particularly avid day one player.  I am not someone who ascribes to the belief that day one is important.  I sit and I wait, watching the actions of everyone else.  You'll see more of me day 2, assuming that I can clear up a life situation.

The people here who have played mafia with me can vouch for this, not that they need to.

Everyone who has played with me: Have you ever seen me be useful day one?  In a standard game?

Not that I can remember; you tend to suddenly become active in the mid-game. However, in regard to the other thing you said, lots of useful things happen on day 1 - it's one of the best places to look for information on who the scum are.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 10:37:48 pm »

Not that I can remember; you tend to suddenly become active in the mid-game. However, in regard to the other thing you said, lots of useful things happen on day 1 - it's one of the best places to look for information on who the scum are.
Oh I know.  That's why I watch and wait.  I personally don't have much to contribute, but I tend to take the NQT style of play with regards to my gameplay: it becomes post and vote analysis in the mid-game.

Also, I still haven't congratulated you on that brilliant catch in the last BM, TDS.  That was impressive, to say the least.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2014, 12:18:08 am »

pisskop:
Okay so unless anyone has objections Ill slip Soldier into a right pile.  The inquiries are helpful.  Though all the pointed questions are pointy.

Could you clarify what you mean by the first sentence here?

My guess is one mafia is voting, one isn't.

What makes you come to that conclusion so early in Day 1?

unvote
Andrew425

So, your first-post plan to instantly end RVS didn't work, so now... you're trying it again? What do you hope to accomplish?

Soldier, what is your experience with Tiruin?  What kind of payer is he?

She is a very solid player, who had been playing for at least a year when I started. She's pretty thorough and verbose.

Tiruin:

Changed....changed.
Hmm. Well I can say it never changed from my perspective, but wonder how you view my playstyle from yours since then.
How did you view me?
Because I say it never changed (ie Amorphous as always ~o~ )
I'd rather have a Cop because woo, Cop! Inspect the people instead of randomly doctoring/blocking people! Though the latter requires seemingly more skill than the former, it also is situational--requiring a good amount of foresight in targets, and how to hide and discern the analysis of the results.
Also yes, yes I'm still always scum. :I

To be honest, I don't see a noticeable difference. I know you as a strong player with hard to distinguish town and scum games.
Your answer makes sense to me.

Maskwolf:

I would push the lynch. I tend to be able to convince people when I set my mind to it. I would find every piece of information I could about their scumminess and use it. I will never jump on a weak vote, unless I am scum. Now, that being said, some cases seem strong to me that seem weak to others, so take that with a grain of salt.

Any particularly memorable examples of the bolded?

I'd rather be a cop. Being able to clear someone or have a confirmed scum is a huge asset. Jailkeeper results are more ambiguous, what with not knowing if the protected player was the target or the victim.

I'll trust you on this.

MOWE:

A fair verdict.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

As the mass panic continued, the few accusations that were being made began to coalesce against two crew members.

One target was pisskop, the former political worker from the Prime Minister's Office.  The other was Andrew425, widely assumed to be a former intelligence agent due to his efforts to keep himself as anonymous as possible (Andrew being a rather common name, and likely a pseudonym).

Discussion continued.

Votecount:
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*Tiruin - (0)
*4maskwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
*Andrew425 - TheDarkStar, pisskop (2)
*The Soldier - (0)
*Tack - Andrew425 (1)
*pisskop - Tiruin, The Soldier (2)
Not Voting: MyOwnWorstEnemy, 4maskwolf, Persus13, Tack

Day ends 12:00 PM PST Monday, April 21st.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:03:53 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »

I perfer mafia roles, and typically Ive been a blockertype role.  Also like playing as town killthwarting roles.  i.e.  paranoid gun owner.  they give me some flexibility.

@Soldier.
ill be by later @work
PKs DF Mod!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 02:08:37 pm »

I'd post my daily votecount here, but I don't think it's necessary.

Day ends 12:00 PM PST Monday, April 21st.  That is to say, about 48 hours from now.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2014, 02:12:20 pm »

Since I didn't do it earlier, I'm going to unvote to make it harder to start a lynch train and because he answered my questions.

pkop, you haven't asked many questions and you voted for Andrew randomly (except for the fact that there was a vote on him). It's true that you are new, but you're acting scummy.

PPE: Heh, you might want to edit the votecount now.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »

Okay I'm finally free now.

Tiruin
Why do you ask a pointed question?

I prefer to ask questions that take longer then a sentence to answer.

4maskwolf

I'd like to be a cop because it's nice being able to trust someone.

also unvote
May the mass times acceleration be with you
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18