Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Arrowflight: Island Nations - IC Thread  (Read 16158 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Arrowflight: Island Nations - IC Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2014, 11:31:29 pm »

Kyle takes his loot with a grin and goes to wander through the town.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2014, 11:41:57 pm »

Finalizing his purchases, Kerr'tan wanders city a bit before returning to the tavern.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2014, 12:16:29 pm »

T'skrat paused, staring at the metal armour around him.

He points to it, a glint in his eye.
'Cosst?'

When he receives a price, inevitably far beyond his meager purse, his grin fades. Then he nods, once.
'Will return. Not soon.'

He marches from the room, a seemingly renewed sense of purpose in his footsteps, as he approaches the edge of town, and watches the sun set.

'Metal clothhess.' He shakes his head softly.
The glint from his eye is only just beginning to fade as he returns to the tavern for the evening.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2014, 05:16:20 pm »

I got an idea from a podcast that I'd like to use in this update, if you all don't mind. It has to do with world building and letting the players feel more involved in the setting. Sure, it's mostly fluff, but I think it should add to he campaign a fair bit.

After the funeral, most of the townsfolk and sailors either turn in for the night or head to the tavern. There, Garashn weaves his tale of heroics to an excited crowd. Even if most of them don't believe it, they just seem to be having fun listening to him boast.

One person in particular was getting a little too into Garashn's story. Who was that, Garashn everyone?
(This can be an NPC we've already met, or an entirely new character. Get creative!)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:38:35 am by AlleeCat »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2014, 08:11:06 pm »

((I totally hope my guy gets to show him up.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2014, 11:38:59 am »

Fixbump

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2014, 12:09:26 pm »

I got an idea from a podcast that I'd like to use in this update, if you all don't mind. It has to do with world building and letting the players feel more involved in the setting. Sure, it's mostly fluff, but I think it should add to he campaign a fair bit.

After the funeral, most of the townsfolk and sailors either turn in for the night or head to the tavern. There, Garashn weaves his tale of heroics to an excited crowd. Even if most of them don't believe it, they just seem to be having fun listening to him boast.

One person in particular was getting a little too into Garashn's story. Who was that, Garashn everyone?
(This can be an NPC we've already met, or an entirely new character. Get creative!)
The person was a drunk orc dockworker who wanted to test his strength against Garashn! He stood up and slurred:
"Ayyyye don' belieeeve ye did all tha! Lemme wrassle ye and we'll see! Iffn yaaaa cannt beat meh ther's noooooooo wai ya did annae o'tha!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »

The person was a drunk orc dockworker who wanted to test his strength against Garashn! He stood up and slurred:
"Ayyyye don' belieeeve ye did all tha! Lemme wrassle ye and we'll see! Iffn yaaaa cannt beat meh ther's noooooooo wai ya did annae o'tha!"
+1

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2014, 03:01:17 pm »

+1
+1

((If this is the situation that gets chosen,)) Garashn immediately accepts the stranger's challenge, unfazed by the size of his opponent, which was huge, even for an Orc. A wrestling match, eh? Great idea! I just hope that you're more of a challenge than those puny little ghouls.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2014, 08:22:36 pm »

Garashn immediately accepts the stranger's challenge
Agility(6): 6
{ROLL}
The tavern goes quiet, as Garashn and the dockworker stare each other down. Before you know it, the crowd has cleared an area and are taking bets. A very interesting match ensues, and it seems to be close, but Garasn's opponent makes up for his impaired, drunken state with martial prowess. Before long, Garashn is on the floor, as a member of the crowd counts him out. Garashn has lost the match.

The other Orc wipes his snout on his arm. "Yeh, yer good... But yer no' good 'nough"
There are cheers and jeers for all over the tavern, and one person we know is particularly upset with Garashn losing. (besides Garashn himself, of course.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:25:39 pm by AlleeCat »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »

It was a human who made a particularly large bet on Garashn. He seems to be a merchant of some sort, possibly from Kilmoor. The man next to him is smirking despite not having bet on the match.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2014, 11:06:22 pm »

Arrr! A good fight, that was! You're not bad at this. Me and the others could use a strong Orc like you on our journey. Want to come along? In a comically exaggerated mutter, Garashn adds, and maybe we could have another match along the way, sometime when I'm not so tired from fighting off ghouls all day...

It was a human who made a particularly large bet on Garashn. He seems to be a merchant of some sort, possibly from Kilmoor. The man next to him is smirking despite not having bet on the match.
+1
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:11:42 pm by ShadowHammer »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2014, 06:47:33 pm »

The other orc agrees, as long as he gets to go another round with Garashn along the way.

Why is that, everyone?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2014, 12:00:54 pm »

During the distraction of the fight, he 'acquired' the purses of a number of the tavern's other patrons.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2014, 02:53:54 am »

It seems like he is working for the merchant, though. Maybe your first impression about the latter was untrue and he merely disguised himself to look like a kilmooran? But why would one do so, eh?

((Let's see where it goes. Also, I think we should pass some player-description bits if they stagnate too much, hurting the game.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16