Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll's closed.

Until I figure out how to un-close it, at least.
- 0 (0%)
So yeah.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 01, 2014, 02:06:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 136

Author Topic: Re: !!Post - USSR Politics Thread!!: On Lockdown Due to Excessive Politicking  (Read 156365 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post - USSR and other Eastern European Politics Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 11, 2014, 02:19:37 pm »

Let's have an open dialogue. Hello, I'm Comrade P. and I come from Russia, and my opinion on Putin diverges from yours. I think protecting national interests is far from being imperialist assclown. What makes you think he is an assclown?

I keep asking myself that things like that "assclown" is regarded as derogatory. Or not? What? Wait? Should I react?

I am genuinely surprised that my outbursts is regarded to me being typical Putin-pro retard (which I am not). If I didnt expressed enough that I HURT reading most stuff here, then whatever. I realise that "they" don't understand. They can't relate after all.

Well, I am going to be honest right now. Same way I became atheist from agnostic after pressure being done. I am now really, really proponent anti west, and I going to hate you, generally speaking. And pro Putin. Thank you. I join mainstream. Bye.

Gogis: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/assclown

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 11, 2014, 02:20:12 pm »

The Crimean people weren't held at gunpoint, they were swept up on a wave of Russian Nationalism engineered by the Russian government to further its own interests. The occupation was never made with the intent to frighten or coerce the Crimeans; it was for the exact opposite.

Also - the ethnic Russians in Ukraine are the minority. I'm sorry if you don't like the sound of that Comrade P, but that is the accepted technical term for a group of people who make up a smaller amount of the population of an area or country than another group. If you have a group of 10 people, 6 of whom wear blue shirts and 4 of whom wear yellow shirts, the yellow shirts are the minority. I am a member of several minority groups in my country and I don't see any problem in it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:26:27 pm by Owlbread »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 11, 2014, 02:23:51 pm »

You still refuse to say that Crimean referendum was an act of free will?

That's not what we're talking about right now at all, but I shall still answer. The Crimean referendum was an "act of free will" undertaken in a situation engineered by Russia to lead to an outcome that would suit it i.e. the occupation process, the demonization of the Ukrainian government in the Russian press and so on.

Okay, okay, I now stop escalating the debates over Crimean referendum. I just say that my opinion diverges from threat of russian intervention scenario due to many factors differing in their persuasiveness.

Woo-hoo, imperialists still exist out there, I'm glad.

Why? Why on earth would you be glad?
*demonic laugher* Empires always prevail over separated states, thee separatist fool!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 11, 2014, 02:27:08 pm »

Besides, all empires fall at some point, some more gracefully than others.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 11, 2014, 02:27:29 pm »

Comrade, an empire is ordered. Chaos always wins over order, because it is better organised.

Your fate is sealed!
"chaos" is "better organized".

White is black. War is peace.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 11, 2014, 02:32:08 pm »

Better organized is not the same as more organized :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 11, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »

Comrade, an empire is ordered. Chaos always wins over order, because it is better organised.

Your fate is sealed!

Doom is coming upon my soul and brings down the empires, yes. After they are glorious for a few ages.

Your fate is sealed!
"chaos" is "better organized".

White is black. War is peace.

Doublethink to the rescue.

Also - the ethnic Russians in Ukraine are the minority. I'm sorry if you don't like the sound of that Comrade P, but that is the accepted technical term for a group of people who make up a smaller amount of the population of an area or country than another group. If you have a group of 10 people, 6 of whom wear blue shirts and 4 of whom wear yellow shirts, the yellow shirts are the minority. I am a member of several minority groups in my country and I don't see any problem in it.
Interesting. I just thought about that in a different way. Like, there is a primary culture, Ukrainians. There are accepted cultures - Russians, Poles, Belorussians and a few others. Then go the minorities, like, I don't know, small German, French, British communities - people who live here but are completely strangers to these lands.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 11, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »

*demonic laugher* Empires always prevail over separated states, thee separatist fool!

But the "Happy Planet Index" that takes into account life expectancy, well-being (somewhat deeper than happiness) and ecological footprint showed that the best nations on the list are all countries that became independent from Empires. Costa Rica, Vietnam, Colombia, Belize, El Salvador, Jamaica, Panama, Nicaragua, Venezuela and Guatemala are the top 10.

Other generally happy indexes and such from various international organisations routinely count countries like Norway and Iceland as being at the top; again, small nations that became independent from something else.

Interesting. I just thought about that in a different way. Like, there is a primary culture, Ukrainians. There are accepted cultures - Russians, Poles, Belorussians and a few others. Then go the minorities, like, I don't know, small German, French, British communities - people who live here but are completely strangers to these lands.

But this perspective only really works if you don't think it is possible to accept minorities. Not a very good perspective to have, in my opinion.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 11, 2014, 02:41:58 pm »

So, by the power of Terry Pratchett, we can agree that every nation will fall into a squabbling mass at some point in the future?
At the point of heat death of the universe it is 100% guaranteed.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 11, 2014, 02:43:35 pm »

But the "Happy Planet Index" that takes into account life expectancy, well-being (somewhat deeper than happiness) and ecological footprint showed that the best nations on the list are all countries that became independent from Empires. Costa Rica, Vietnam, Colombia, Belize, El Salvador, Jamaica, Panama, Nicaragua, Venezuela and Guatemala are the top 10.

Other generally happy indexes and such from various international organisations routinely count countries like Norway and Iceland as being at the top; again, small nations that became independent from something else.

Venezuela doesn't seem very happy right now though.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 11, 2014, 02:45:34 pm »

Venezuela doesn't seem very happy right now though.

Yeah. It was from 2012 so things were a bit calmer back then.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 11, 2014, 02:46:12 pm »

I actually cannot debate on that matter, for I have no valid arguments because no empires exist.

But this perspective only really works if you don't think it is possible to accept minorities. Not a very good perspective to have, in my opinion.
When they spoke over there about giving rights to minorities, by default they meant they had no rights. That was disturbing. And again, that was the point: they call Russians a minority right in that sense - rightless cultural union on their territory.
Sigs

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 11, 2014, 02:52:02 pm »

These small states are prosperous only because there are no active major empires in the world at the moment. If it was like in 19th century, then those countries would have lasted 10 years maximum.
._.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 11, 2014, 02:53:02 pm »

Let's have an open dialogue. Hello, I'm Comrade P. and I come from Russia, and my opinion on Putin diverges from yours. I think protecting national interests is far from being imperialist assclown. What makes you think he is an assclown?

I keep asking myself that things like that "assclown" is regarded as derogatory. Or not? What? Wait? Should I react?

I am genuinely surprised that my outbursts is regarded to me being typical Putin-pro retard (which I am not). If I didnt expressed enough that I HURT reading most stuff here, then whatever. I realise that "they" don't understand. They can't relate after all.

Well, I am going to be honest right now. Same way I became atheist from agnostic after pressure being done. I am now really, really proponent anti west, and I going to hate you, generally speaking. And pro Putin. Thank you. I join mainstream. Bye.

Gogis: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/assclown

You really have no idea what "derogatory" means, idiot
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 11, 2014, 02:53:53 pm »

When they spoke over there about giving rights to minorities, by default they meant they had no rights. That was disturbing. And again, that was the point: they call Russians a minority right in that sense - rightless cultural union on their territory.

Well, normally minorities don't have special rights unless a government gives them to them.

I actually cannot debate on that matter, for I have no valid arguments because no empires exist.

The Russian Federation and China are examples of Empires in the modern world i.e. relics from long ago. There aren't many left, thankfully, but there are still some.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 136