Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Oppa Update Style: How Fast?

Fast - Update as soon as there is an action.
- 11 (11.1%)
Mid - Wait for at least one +1 to an action before updating.
- 29 (29.3%)
Slo - Wait for at least three +1s to the same action before updating.
- 11 (11.1%)
Cookie - Get a cookie.
- 30 (30.3%)
Fish - Get a smelly fish.
- 18 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: [TSG] INSERT DISC: TLoZ:OoT  (Read 58008 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: [TSG] INSERT DISC: TLoZ:OoT
« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2014, 01:27:45 pm »

Masches: Beat the super Cucco to death with your shield then retrieve blade.

Nick: The break free and mushroom thing other people suggested.

I prefer killing stuff with shields over neck snapping.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 07, 2014, 02:06:44 am »

((Bump))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: INSERT DISC: TLoZ:OoT
« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2014, 02:16:59 am »

M  The  Legend AS of  Zelda:  Ocarina CH of  Time  ES

You grab the super cucoo's neck with both hands and squeeze. The super cucoo is incredibly strong and it fights your grip. [5-1] It tries to throw you with it's powerful neck, and as it throws it's head back you hear a pop. It goes limp and you get to your feet, bracing a boot against the cucoo and yanking your sword from the floor. [3] The leadah cucoo squawks and five normal cucoos beset you. [3] You're completely surrounded and it's all you can do to keep them from clawing you.

Bad Guys!
17 Cucoos
4 Super Cucoos
1 Leadah Cucoo

Young Masches - Kid Wallet: 100RP - GOAL: Beat Ganon!

Green Tunic
Mido's Hat
Kokiri Sword
Kokiri Shield
Slingshot
Fairy Ocarina

Quest Items
Kokiri's Emerald

I  Paper  Mario  K

[6] You squat low to the ground and propel yourself upwards with all your might. You instantly soar a mile into the air and you're still accelerating very quickly upwards. The strength of Mario's body means that the fall won't hurt, but the danger hasn't passed as the five Dry Bones (you were unsure how many there were when you could only see their arms) climb up your legs, their own lower bodies left behind as they were yanked out of the ground. [5] The wind tears at them and all but four lose their grip and tumble back towards the earth. This buys you enough time to rummage through your pockets for the mushroom and stuff it into your mouth. +10 HP! You're no longer covered in ooze as the force of the wind pulls most of it from your clothes.

Paper Nick - GOAL: Beat King Koopa!
HP: 6/6
Coins [10]
Hammer
Green Shells [2x]
Black Ooze [a bit]
Broken Stick

Le IRL

*munch* *tap* *crinkle* *click* *tap* *nom* *crunch* *tap* *tap* *click*

Spoiler: The Merchant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:18:40 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2014, 02:23:36 am »

Nick: Action Command! Press A just as you land on a Dry Bones to bounce off and strike again to do more damage!
Also, Multibounce! Chain Action Commands to hit all the Dry Bones; hoping the air turbulence will shake the last one off you.

Maches: Fend them off with your shield! Inflate Mido's Hat and use it as a decoy! Stab them! Tweet into the Occarina to freeze time while you play, and stab the chicken things while playing random notes to break the game!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2014, 02:33:31 am »

Nick: Action Command! Press A just as you land on a Dry Bones to bounce off and strike again to do more damage!
Also, Multibounce! Chain Action Commands to hit all the Dry Bones; hoping the air turbulence will shake the last one off you.
+1 why not
Masches: Leave chicken on sword and swing it around, you don't need to stab when you can cut and bash!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #425 on: June 07, 2014, 02:44:12 am »

Tweet into the Occarina to freeze time while you play, and stab the chicken things while playing random notes to break the game!
There are six special songs with specific, sometimes situational effects. Saria's Song, the Song of Time, and Zelda's Lullaby are required for completion of the game, normally. There are also six more that warp you that you learn after reaching each of the adult temples.

I had to check to be completely sure, but it is indeed true that playing the songs before you've learned them in the game does not have any effect. Obviously playing random notes wouldn't do anything either, especially since the one you have right now isn't even the Ocarina of Time.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 07, 2014, 07:14:20 am »

Tweet into the Occarina to freeze time while you play, and stab the chicken things while playing random notes to break the game!
There are six special songs with specific, sometimes situational effects. Saria's Song, the Song of Time, and Zelda's Lullaby are required for completion of the game, normally. There are also six more that warp you that you learn after reaching each of the adult temples.

I had to check to be completely sure, but it is indeed true that playing the songs before you've learned them in the game does not have any effect. Obviously playing random notes wouldn't do anything either, especially since the one you have right now isn't even the Ocarina of Time.
Moreover, despite the confusing title, the Ocarina of Time didn't manipulate time much at all in Ocarina of Time. At best it could summon those blocks ( presumably from the past/future ). You're thinking of Majora's Mask where you can actually mess with time. So...

Masches: Do a spin attack to damage all the cuccoos at once.

Nick: Use an item.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2014, 08:27:24 am »

+1 why not
Masches: Leave chicken on sword and swing it around, you don't need to stab when you can cut and bash!
+1

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2014, 01:16:56 pm »

I was refering to how all action and enemies freeze when you take out your ocarina to play a song; while you're playing the song, nothing happens around you. So take advantage of that and stab chickens while playing music with no effects.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #429 on: June 07, 2014, 03:52:29 pm »

Can't argue with that.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 09, 2014, 02:21:43 am »

Maches: Fend them off with your shield! Inflate Mido's Hat and use it as a decoy! Stab them! Tweet into the Occarina to freeze time while you play, and stab the chicken things while playing random notes to break the game!
I like it! +1
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #431 on: June 12, 2014, 06:37:53 pm »

M  The  Legend AS of  Zelda:  Ocarina CH of  Time  ES

[5] You blow up Mido's hat, tie it off, and stab a cucoo with the pointed tip, sticking him to the ground. You remove your own hat, and the other cucoos maul him, tearing him to shreds. You take the opportunity to slash at their backs. [3+1] You slaughter four distracted cucoos and then carefully retreat to wait for them to come at you again. [5] They're back on you right away as soon as the green hat is destroyed. Some of the cucoos land on your shoulders and latch on. They begin to lift you into the air.

Bad Guys!
12 Cucoos
4 Super Cucoos
1 Leadah Cucoo

Young Masches - Kid Wallet: 100RP - GOAL: Beat Ganon!

Green Tunic
Mido's Hat
Kokiri Sword
Kokiri Shield
Slingshot
Fairy Ocarina

Quest Items
Kokiri's Emerald

I  Paper  Mario  K

[2] The turbulence does not pull the Dry Bones from your legs, instead it helps him float further up until he's clutching your shoulders. He cackles and tries to bite your face. [3] You jerk your head backwards and he clamps onto your moustache. [3] The ground rushes up towards you, and your aim is true as you stomp one Dry Bones' head and fly back up into the air, still struggling with the one on your face.

Paper Nick - GOAL: Beat King Koopa!
HP: 6/6
Coins [10]
Hammer
Green Shells [2x]
Black Ooze [a bit]
Broken Stick

Le IRL

*bamf* A pair of bisoncops wearing bright red ceramic vests and armored face masks appear in the living room. They each have a large pistol on their belt, along with a metal baton. We're investigating a disturbance. The downstairs neighbour called about some kind of giant lazor cutting through the complex.. You fellas know anything about that? The one bisoncop stands in the living room watching you two play, whilst the other investigates the damage to what's left of the kitchen. Woah. The first bisoncop seems rather interested in the game. He doesn't approach or ask you to stop playing.

Spoiler: The Merchant (click to show/hide)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2014, 06:42:37 pm »

Masches: Stab the cuckoos who have hold of you, land gracefully while slashing any cuckoos nearby.
Nick: Use your hammer to whack the one off, then land on it.

I'll let someone else deal with the irl situation.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2014, 07:47:50 pm »

Masches: Stab the cuckoos who have hold of you, land gracefully while slashing any cuckoos nearby.
Nick: Use your hammer to whack the one off, then land on it.

I'll let someone else deal with the irl situation.

IRL: Nick and Maches says nope while not even looking away from their screens.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2014, 09:32:18 pm »

invite the bisoncops to watch the games. Maybe have them play for a couple minutes
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36