Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54801 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 1 - Day 2
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2014, 05:08:27 pm »

mastahcheese:
Meh, fuck it.

Ottofar
I thought you couldn't vote?
YOU THOUGHT WRONG

NQT:
Okay, just reading back on the day I missed. I didn't learn anything last night. Also, my Jedi results were Yellow Goo and Robot, both of whom are now dead. I targeted Shakerag with a disable both nights that I was a Jedi: the first time because I knew nothing and I took him to be the biggest threat as a player, the second time because I knew he wasn't Yellow Goo.
So you're the reason I had a vote D1.  Cool. 

<3  For the bolded part.

Unvote
I'll be back tomorrow, when I'm less busy.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 2 - Day 3
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2014, 05:45:19 pm »

Hmm, so I've read back. Sheep, Powder, Wolf, Cheese, any info for us?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2014, 06:30:44 pm »

Inspected mastahcheese, got town; but in retrospect that's not a particularly reliable result since I can't know how reliable or unreliable my results are. If someone could provide a crossresult of some sort, that'd be great.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:06 pm »

Well, I could confirm that I'm town, but that kinda doesn't do anything that would be in any way convincing, cause it's, you know, me we're talking about.

I really don't know, man, I've been going by my gut this whole time, and saved Tiru because I just had that feeling that she was town, and I turned out to be right. And now I'm mad because she's dead and there was nothing I could do about it. I can stop a lynch, but not a Night Kill.

I have no real clue as to who would be the KM right now, or really any other information.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2014, 08:20:05 pm »

Hey guys, I found the mafia.

Not only are you rolefishing, NQT, but you're not actually contributing to the discussion at all. If we had useful information we would share it, don't you think? It's the start of the game, why don't you do some scumhunting?

Everyone: Why the lack of RVS?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2014, 08:27:58 pm »

I never really see the point of RVS in KotM, since it turns out to hinge more around the roles of the game than the usual day game.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2014, 08:30:13 pm »

I really just don't know what to ask that could possibly provide information. This isn't like any other game I've been in.

Sorta ninja'd by Powder.
The Derail Thread

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2014, 08:31:58 pm »

So when given the choice of using something that can find and kill the mafia and not using it, you choose the latter?

And why would you claim this:
Inspected mastahcheese, got town; but in retrospect that's not a particularly reliable result since I can't know how reliable or unreliable my results are. If someone could provide a crossresult of some sort, that'd be great.
You're not claiming a scum result and you say it's not that valuable, so why are you outing yourself as a cop on D1?

PPE:
I really just don't know what to ask that could possibly provide information. This isn't like any other game I've been in.

Sorta ninja'd by Powder.
What makes it different? Why is scumhunting ineffective in this game and not others?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2014, 08:36:34 pm »

So when given the choice of using something that can find and kill the mafia and not using it, you choose the latter?

You're not claiming a scum result and you say it's not that valuable, so why are you outing yourself as a cop on D1?
I outed myself as a Magistrate. How is this different?

PPE:

Sorta ninja'd by Powder.
What makes it different? Why is scumhunting ineffective in this game and not others?
I'm not saying scumhunting is ineffective, it's just that I can't honestly think of a question that would be applicable other than some kind of hypothetical question, which half the time still wouldn't be applicable, because we're not dealing with vanilla townies and whatnot, people can be practically anything here, and can just power role their ways past a lot of things that other people would have trouble with.
And to ask for stuff like that would be rolefishing.
The Derail Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2014, 08:44:53 pm »

Every time I've been in a KotM game, it's gone the same way-- sharing of roles and figuring out actions depending on said roles. Considering the setup, I can't really see why not.
Additionally, my result on its own is not terribly useful, but some crosschecking with other people during the day might be useful to determine if I have any modifiers to my "sanity."
Cop isn't as terribly dangerous a role as it might be otherwise, considering that everyone has some sort of role.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2014, 09:19:41 pm »

I outed myself as a Magistrate. How is this different?
Because cops are more of a danger to mafia?

PPE:

Sorta ninja'd by Powder.
I'm not saying scumhunting is ineffective, it's just that I can't honestly think of a question that would be applicable other than some kind of hypothetical question, which half the time still wouldn't be applicable, because we're not dealing with vanilla townies and whatnot, people can be practically anything here, and can just power role their ways past a lot of things that other people would have trouble with.
And to ask for stuff like that would be rolefishing.
How do the possible roles affect RVS? The entire point of it is to get conversation started - role questions are just an easy way to make relevant questions. You're just not making an effort. You can't find anything to pressure so far?

Every time I've been in a KotM game, it's gone the same way-- sharing of roles and figuring out actions depending on said roles. Considering the setup, I can't really see why not.
Additionally, my result on its own is not terribly useful, but some crosschecking with other people during the day might be useful to determine if I have any modifiers to my "sanity."
Cop isn't as terribly dangerous a role as it might be otherwise, considering that everyone has some sort of role.
So you're saying we should mass-claim?

Inspection-type roles are still probably the biggest threat to the mafia, I'd say.

And you didn't reply to this:

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2014, 09:38:47 pm »

Inspection-type roles are still probably the biggest threat to the mafia, I'd say.

And you didn't reply to this:
So then, does that mean that Powder is a bigger threat to the KM then I am?
If I died instead, what would be your take on that?

And now I think I am finding some useful questions to ask.

On the massclaim: Do you have any good reason why we shouldn't massclaim?

Oh right, I have to vote. TWS, unvote
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2014, 01:30:09 am »

Pfp, TWS, before starting to accuse people in earnest, I like the  hear them out. You say I'm not contributing to the discussion, yet the very post you quote is one in which I inform others of what I learned as a Jedi: how is that not contributing? And was I scum last round when Tiruin said I was role fishing? This is a high mortality game and any useful info town has that doesn't harm the player too much should be shared.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2014, 08:23:29 am »

Unvote

NQT:
Pfp, TWS, before starting to accuse people in earnest, I like the  hear them out.
OK, but you usually start the game with RVS. You even did it in the last round, which was exactly like this round, except for the no NK rule.

You say I'm not contributing to the discussion, yet the very post you quote is one in which I inform others of what I learned as a Jedi:
That's not actually true - I quoted your post in it's entirety - but whatever, it's not really important.

how is that not contributing?
A post that only contains useless claims is not really an acceptable gamestart post. Scumhunting is what I'm talking about.

And was I scum last round when Tiruin said I was role fishing?
This is just bad logic. Yes, town can drop scumtells too.

This is a high mortality game and any useful info town has that doesn't harm the player too much should be shared.
I already answered this:
If we had useful information we would share it, don't you think?

And you didn't claim your Jedi stuff D1 - why?

And why'd you vote me? I don't really see any accusations in that post, just an OMGUS.

Mastahcheese
So then, does that mean that Powder is a bigger threat to the KM then I am?
If I died instead, what would be your take on that?
Role-wise, yes. Somebody trying to play WIFOM, redirects, PM being Mafia, etc.

On the massclaim: Do you have any good reason why we shouldn't massclaim?
Only the standard one, that it tells the mafia exactly what to do. I don't know why you guys see this as such an extraordinarily role-heavy game. In a standard BYOR each player has more abilities than what I've seen from the role-flips and my own role.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2014, 08:39:13 am »

Hi people.

I can't post much until later, just wanted to let you know that now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38