Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 4 - Game Over!  (Read 54728 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 4 - Round 1 - Day 2
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2014, 09:43:11 pm »

Well, you'd have someone who would be grateful for being alive--that someone such as me would then be hunting the next day for and based on the suspects that s/he had. Granted, NQT would've been my bestest best best best target (as well as my hinted suspicion on Toaster because his D1 actions :v) but then the latter was covered by our good ol' Imperial Guardsman, living it up FOR THE EMPEROR and the former...well, I'll just have to say: Why was NQT killed? He was a good alibi, hence why he was my target last night (in which I believe we've an..NAR(?) due to me not having any result, and getting disabled first).

Toony/Leafy: There is an action resolution order in effect, right?

*prods Ottofar*
Yeah, that's true, I suppose.
But really, if I hadn't saved you, then after IG murderbombed Toaster, then it would have been just me and ottofar, which would have resulted in KM victory.

There's... really no way to make a convincing argument. I mean, from my point of view, any town death is good in the eyes of scum, so I wouldn't have bothered with trying to save one. But that's just my word, against the word of an orange goo.

You're in an interesting situation, here, Tiru.
Obviously, I'm going to vote ottofar, because I think he's the KM.
I imagine that ottofar will vote me, as I highly doubt he can come up with any reason to find you guilty.
Shakerag can't even vote.

That makes you the only person who's decision matters anymore.

PPE: Yup, that's about it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2014, 09:48:48 pm »

EBWOP: Well, unless I'm the King Mafia, but one of the dead knows in his heart that the truth has been committed anyways (ie NQT and/or Toaster...more on the former, anyways)

PPE:
But really, if I hadn't saved you, then after IG murderbombed Toaster, then it would have been just me and ottofar, which would have resulted in KM victory.
Yeah...I got that scenario as a counterpoint. While it would've been sweeter both ways (also that appeal to life-saving), the idea would be best to take and check as a clue to whom did what. You and Ottofar? Best case scenario, it'd be YOUR victory. Next case scenario: You've have ME on your side 99% here, and you'd attain victory with my hand helping you.
Though that'd be contradicting the point of possibility: What if Tiruin would have a hidden stiletto up her sleeve?
There's... really no way to make a convincing argument. I mean, from my point of view, any town death is good in the eyes of scum, so I wouldn't have bothered with trying to save one. But that's just my word, against the word of an orange goo.
Well, I'd say you played your cards with resurrecting me and I take it in turn as a word of honor.

You're in an interesting situation, here, Tiru.
Obviously, I'm going to vote ottofar, because I think he's the KM.
I imagine that ottofar will vote me, as I highly doubt he can come up with any reason to find you guilty.
Well, Ottofar could throw whatever things exist to undermine my possibility of existence, but that'd have to be a deep trawl through the mist of who I am and what I can do.

Ottofar: Why did you pick Orange Goo?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2014, 03:50:02 am »

A Yellow Goo, pardon my mistake. You really shouldn't post that early. Anyways, I picked it to get more info at night, mostly. It'd give me everything I was targeted with, and hinder other players' night games further up the rounds.

But I think we can't even lynch today, unless Shakerag has his vote back. 3 to lynch, 3 votes.

Um. I need to think, you'd both been reading somewhat townish to me, and yeah.

The day end took me a bit by surprise, and the lynch was stupid.

Mastahcheese

Unvote

Also, pardoning the lynch. If Tiruin hadn't been Pardoned, we'd have entered the day with 4 people. That'd be the best case scenario for the scum. Then, it delves into WIFOM here.

Uh. 1 on 1 with a kill would've been a problem, yeah, but it's really a no-point because anyone can have a kill.

A vote with Tiruin is an easy way to avoid the kill, assuming we have to NL today.

Eating, I'll continue soonish

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2014, 03:53:13 am »

...Isn't it a 'person with most votes on him/her is lynched' thing?

That's what happened yesterday.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2014, 04:13:55 am »

Oh, right, yeah. I was thinking IRC.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2014, 04:25:14 am »

On Tiruin, well. First vote in LyLo is often scum.

A stalker would be really easy to fake as the scum, because they know everyone's alignment and have a kill.

AND THEN THERE WERE THREE.

Wait, does this clear mastahcheese? Shakerag's not alive yet, but there is a vote on me, so a quickhammer could've been possible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2014, 07:06:57 am »

...You do obviously know that the only people capable of voting are you, me and cheese, right?

and...?

A stalker would be really easy to fake as the scum, because they know everyone's alignment and have a kill.
So that's speaking much!
However I wonder why I chose to reveal that I had Stalker in the first place rather than reveal that Oh hey Sane Cop!
And no, I only know Toaster's alignment.

I have no idea what he did with it.

Wait, does this clear mastahcheese? Shakerag's not alive yet, but there is a vote on me, so a quickhammer could've been possible.
...Who're you talking to here?

Opinion of today: Ottofar? You seem very lax.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2014, 07:47:06 pm »

Yeah... I don't even know how to respond to that, because I've sorta already voiced everything I can at this point.

...Who're you talking to here?
I think he's talking to both of us, actually.
Because I did actually realize, when I said that, that I could have just voted him and hammer the day, but I thought that would be a kind of dick move to hammer someone before they can even say anything on the matter.
The Derail Thread

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2014, 04:54:42 am »

Pfp

All right, so it's Tiruin then.
Will post a post when home.

Re: laxness, the previous night was the strangest, and didn't leave too much time for sleep.

Also, the posts are just collections of thoughts

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2014, 06:34:56 am »

...You'll have to make a better case than that if you're really into the run of being King, Ottofar.

Someone with sincere conviction would've obviously voted either one of us by the start--sans Shakerag because he's a silly shovel.

All right, so it's Tiruin then.
Will post a post when home.
~o~
Magic~

PS:
and...?
Back this up. This seemingly has merit.
Because I see many loopholes there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2014, 06:42:23 am »

Next query: How can you forget your own role, Ottofar?

Yellow Goo (town, survivor; super-rare; 4+ players): Whenever someone targets you with an action, they lose the ability to use that action and you gain it. This even affects group actions.
Orange Goo (town, survivor; super-rare; 6+ players): You will steal the vote of anyone who targets you.
Two roles which are very muchly different.

Ottofar, by the way.

Also, pardoning the lynch. If Tiruin hadn't been Pardoned, we'd have entered the day with 4 people. That'd be the best case scenario for the scum. Then, it delves into WIFOM here.
Make it 3 people.

Why didn't you revive NQT, IG?
Wait you're dead :v
Next round OOC anyways.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »

Next query: How can you forget your own role, Ottofar?

Just the name, at 5AM and no sleep. Not what it did.

and...?

Statistics, and aggression. At LyLo you'd be cautious if you weren't rushing to kill one last townie. Scum need to quickly end days, so they have less time to drop tells. I think, at least. That's why extensions were a town tell, until it became a null one.

So that's what NAR means.
Hm. Well. If Ottofar isn't the KM, then cheese is and I'll be killing him tonight.
Well, this round is set.

Mastacheese, think about this: According to Tiruin's plan he's the only one alive tomorrow, and also the implication behind the statement: he's saying town will win if he's not lynched.

Double with him claiming just a cop, a sane cop first.

Because NQT used the Force on me last night and I didn't do smurf (in which I'm a Cop--yeah, a Cop of the Sane variety: you could rationalize the use as mafia or as town or whatever,

Also, you do note that Tiruin has been extremely aggressive this day. He instantly jumps on every single thing I say, and doesn't really question much, merely belittles the tells.

Also, justifying aggression:
...You'll have to make a better case than that if you're really into the run of being King, Ottofar.

Someone with sincere conviction would've obviously voted either one of us by the start--sans Shakerag because he's a silly shovel.

No, well, yes, a scum who needs to quickly get the round over, before they can be questioned, before they drop a tell.

Tiruin

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2014, 05:07:50 pm »

Quick Query Ottofar, of all the things you point out--you point out those that are trivial.

I've made my own trail of errors...something which I notice you didn't tend to focus on:
> What about me asking Mastahcheese on his choice of pardon?
> My claim. Are you going to do anything about it?
and...?

Statistics, and aggression. At LyLo you'd be cautious if you weren't rushing to kill one last townie. Scum need to quickly end days, so they have less time to drop tells. I think, at least. That's why extensions were a town tell, until it became a null one.
Somewhere in the world, a nerve is pulled whenever someone says Statistics narrows to a best answer. It's a translation from qualitative or empirical data, to numbers, and back to qualitative data. Something which I see, lacks backing in this case.
Yeah I'm looking at you, NQT.
If the first one to vote is scum at LyLo: Have you done anything about it?
*points at statistics*
You haven't.

At LyLo, I'd be cautious--yes--but that is only when I am unsure. Here? I am doubly sure.
You may have noticed, that the dead speak, and by speak, I mean their actions. Can you dispute the power of the Force? The Jedi and his action? Can you dispute mastahcheese: his method of choice and the recent events?
Has anyone else claimed being the target of last night's kill? I see nobody having done so but myself--something I expected, in the least, for you to attack (or mastahcheese, but he's clear).

Your generalization of scum and scum behavior is trivial, Ottofar. It is a blunt move designed to commit the illusion that that is what your target is doing instead of making a focused point on what exactly, or in the least specifically what the target is doing.
See here.
So that's what NAR means.
Hm. Well. If Ottofar isn't the KM, then cheese is and I'll be killing him tonight.
Well, this round is set.

Mastacheese, think about this: According to Tiruin's plan he's the only one alive tomorrow, and also the implication behind the statement: he's saying town will win if he's not lynched.

Double with him claiming just a cop, a sane cop first.
Firstly: She.
Secondly: Give your list of reads.
Thirdly: Appealing to the audience does not do any good--what's the use of the last statement that you've left undetailed? T'would be more gripping if you did.
Think about this: You may have noticed I proposed an ideal: having claimed Stalker instead of sticking to being a Cop, yet you haven't spoken about that. But I give merit where it is due: you propose what I say in direct contradiction to what your view is: the only point I give merit to because you have no other choice but to trust cheese?
Interesting.

Because NQT used the Force on me last night and I didn't do smurf (in which I'm a Cop--yeah, a Cop of the Sane variety: you could rationalize the use as mafia or as town or whatever,
Also, you do note that Tiruin has been extremely aggressive this day. He instantly jumps on every single thing I say, and doesn't really question much, merely belittles the tells.

Also, justifying aggression:

No, well, yes, a scum who needs to quickly get the round over, before they can be questioned, before they drop a tell.

Tiruin
Hum...you quote a part, but not relate it to the first paragraph.
I'm extremely aggressive due foremost to me singling out one specific target of spurious value. 'Extremely aggressive' in your viewpoint because you feel trapped. Cornered. And broken in your train of thought. Have you noticed how I proceeded earlier? How I singled you out? I believe you did--and you're covering for it.

If I'm providing a smokescreen by my assertiveness, then I would love it if you replied in counter-force, instead of bringing up your own screen by the words of 'instantly', 'extremely' and other such superlative-functions.

The last part? Dubious and implausible value. Appeal to generalizing, to the irrational and animal fear that creates the first impulse in a situation. It's showing your fear.

Take note: Shakerag cannot vote. Three to hammer. You, I and Cheese can vote. Whatever I do--whatever I will do, the round cannot end 'quickly', and instead of create a plausible and believable case against me (I mean, take notes: I've done many errors--and which you do only generalizing to counter) you bring up nothing to bear.
It would be hilarious if someone hammered themselves.
You're gripping your last straw.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2014, 08:34:55 pm »

Yeah... I'm going to have to apologize to you, ottofar, but I'm really not seeing your arguments as nearly as believable as Tiruin's.

Even if solely for one thing, that Tiruin only slightly grazed over.

You believe me.

I said that I wouldn't save Tiruin if I were King Mafia, because any death is good in the eyes of Mafia, and Tiruin actually made a good argument about doing so just to gain cred for when it mattered, such as now.

You don't even argue that. You just blindly agree with that argument, and start trying to convince me that Tiruin is scum.

Tiru is actually thinking about the possibility of being wrong, and preparing to deal with the consequences in that case, you're not.

Yeah, if she's the King, and I brought her back, then I'll be kicking myself over it later, but I'm fairly sure I made the right choice, and it'll just be something to laugh about later.

Ottofar
The Derail Thread

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2014, 09:16:15 am »

Whafuck?

(also don't pick Unlynchable)
YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Tiruin:
Oh Shakerag, you troll. xD
You hardcore troll.
Well, technically I didn't pick out anything but unlynchable, so blame ToonyMan.  But I'll take that as a compliment anyway.  Also, mastahcheese summed up my role accurately.

Hmm hmm hmm.  What to do.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38