Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I Make a Full Werebeast Fort?

Yes.
No.
AND ADD VAMPIRES TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Baby is Killing my Fort  (Read 5761 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby is Killing my Fort
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 08:41:39 am »

Well, the mother was holding the baby and she was out picking plants at the far side of the map, when a werecroc showed up and bit the baby. The mother ran away and the baby somehow lived.

So far it's still a baby. I don't know if werebeasts age or not so I have no clue if the baby will remain a baby or not.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:15 am »

The eternal baby! A small and cute little dwarfling that will never grow up.

I have never seen a were-beast infected dwarf die of old age. Doesn't mean it can't happen just that I haven't observed it. But if a were-beast infected baby never grows up then the cursed are immortal.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 09:57:37 am »

The only problem is that the next full moon will cause a total collapse of the fort, no saving possible. You need to keep one dwarf unchanged and hidden from all the others.
Wrong.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Werebeast#Infecting_your_entire_fort

I think he was pulling an April Fools on the OP.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 09:59:22 am »

I don't think it's an April Fool's joke, since I once had only one dwarf left and he turned into a werebeast and that didn't end the game.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 10:01:18 am »

I have never seen a were-beast infected dwarf die of old age.
How many normal dwarves have you seen die of old age?  ;)
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 10:30:22 am »

So, judging by the poll the general consensus is to have a werebeast plus vampire fort with no mortals.

Considering that they will all be werecrocodiles I'm planning a little mega project. All the werecrocodiles will live in a great sewer complex that will be flooded via a river that flows through my map, whilst the vampires will live in a great gothic cathedral made entirely of obsidion.

Any thoughts on this mega project?

GENERATION 29:

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 10:34:05 am »

May the gods of industry keep your designations in the right place!
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 01:27:46 pm »

Well, there is a vampire loose in the fort. I think I'll have it infect some kinder as to make it appear that all the dwarves are normal and not night creatures for the migrants.

EDIT: I just realized that some of you may not know German. Kinder means children.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:05:14 pm by StupidElves »

GENERATION 29:

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 03:38:47 pm »

EDIT: I just realized that some of you may not know German. Kinder means children.
And now I know where kender came from...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 11:18:00 pm »

Drops baby on spear. Shaft of enlightenment bug occurs. Baby is now legendary dodger with superdwarven strength. Problem made more fun.
Actually, if I recall correctly, SoE doesn't apply on a 4 tile drop (but does on 2 and 3).
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 05:43:21 am »

Well, six of the kinder have been turned into vampires. About twelve more to make it seem more normal, and then I'll start attempting to turn the adults.

In other news, the baby is in a cage and she transformed into a werecroc again. Thankfully, she was able to be used to bite three more dwarves for a grand total of seven werecrocs.

GENERATION 29:

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 11:42:37 am »

Keep up the good work, that's great progress! ;)

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 01:14:30 pm »

I have never seen a were-beast infected dwarf die of old age.
How many normal dwarves have you seen die of old age?  ;)
One or two.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2014, 01:24:51 pm »

The framework for the cathedral is being built out of wood, while that's going on I will be working on making it to where if the sewer overflows then the water will be directed towards a sea of magma that will be used for the cathedral.

If this does not work then I will be using some other stone to build it out of.

The baby is beginning to die of hunger and thirst, but every full moon she fully heals so that shouldn't be a problem, what with the doctors trying to help her and giving her food and booze once a month.

If the obsidion idea doesn't work, any suggestions as to what material I should make the cathedral out of?

GENERATION 29:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2014, 01:28:45 pm »

I would say iron or gray stone if possible for that cathedral if obsidian doesn't work out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5