Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I Make a Full Werebeast Fort?

Yes.
No.
AND ADD VAMPIRES TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Baby is Killing my Fort  (Read 5754 times)

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Baby is Killing my Fort
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 06:17:27 pm »

An entire fortress of werebeasts.
The only problem is that the next full moon will cause a total collapse of the fort, no saving possible. You need to keep one dwarf unchanged and hidden from all the others.
In other words, a vampire.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 06:27:45 pm »

An entire fortress of werebeasts.
The only problem is that the next full moon will cause a total collapse of the fort, no saving possible. You need to keep one dwarf unchanged and hidden from all the others.
In other words, a vampire.
You mean the bookkeeper?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 06:29:18 pm »

My world is on year 548, and my fortress is on year 53.
Year 53? seriously? If you're not kidding, you have me beat by about 30 years or so.

And Splint does hate Fun. :P Not fun though.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 06:44:04 pm »

My world is on year 548, and my fortress is on year 53.
Year 53? seriously? If you're not kidding, you have me beat by about 30 years or so.

And Splint does hate Fun. :P Not fun though.

I happen to prefer traditional fun, that is general entertainment and amusement, usually at the expense of my enemies who had to poor thought to invade my territory. It's fun as hell trying to figure out/imagine how a severed arm got in a tree two z levels up. Besides, Fun is detrimental to my building projects. The workers keep pitching fits and killing eachother when I told them to build the god damn roof of my keep last season.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 06:53:25 pm »

I think I'm just slightly more sadistic than you are, Splint. I happen to enjoy pushing my dwarves towards chasms filled with fanged flying creatures and the like... tantrum spirals can be kind of fun. (I usually have a few dwarves I get attached to, though, and those are off-limits as far as Fun goes.)

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 07:10:02 pm »

It'd be like all those poor beards having a period at once except slightly worse.

Unrelated to the above quote, but is it possible to make custom were-creatures?  In particular, can one make a were-sort_of_dwarf, where a sort_of_dwarf is basically a dwarf, but much more violent and opposed to dwarf-kind?  Further, is it possible to have it so that only one gender can be affected?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 07:19:11 pm »

It'd be like all those poor beards having a period at once except slightly worse.

Unrelated to the above quote, but is it possible to make custom were-creatures?  In particular, can one make a were-sort_of_dwarf, where a sort_of_dwarf is basically a dwarf, but much more violent and opposed to dwarf-kind?  Further, is it possible to have it so that only one gender can be affected?
Yes, but you'll have to mod in new interactions and creatures. Also, I don't think custom werecreatures will show up during gameplay quite the same way true werecreatures will, but I could be wrong on that.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 07:55:35 pm »

Wrong.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Werebeast#Infecting_your_entire_fort
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 10:11:45 pm »

Man the legends concerning that baby must be funny.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

chlorophos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 11:53:56 pm »

The solution is simple! Drop the baby 4 z levels onto an upright spear.
It needs a weapon first, correct? If not I've been doing it wrong

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 12:20:31 am »

Drops baby on spear. Shaft of enlightenment bug occurs. Baby is now legendary dodger with superdwarven strength. Problem made more fun.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 01:08:13 am »

Like a walled-off vampire! Actually, a bunch of walled-up vampires! Then once you get a group of migrants on a full moon, release everyone and everything.

Edit: Forgot there was a second page to this thread...

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 06:28:01 am »

My engravers have filled an entire hallway with various depictions of the baby striking down dwarves.

I think they fear her.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 06:38:42 am »

Hehe that's pretty funny.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 08:00:22 am »

Well, safely transmitting this curse would require a lot more work than just dumping dumping dwarves at were.
The werewolf  baby is unique on it's own though.
Killing it would be the dullest thing to do.
Tell us the story. How did it get infected? Did it grow up already or is it eternally stuck as a baby?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5