Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: ER Talk Number 78  (Read 42202 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number: Whatever I forget. (Continue to Ask questions here)
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 10:29:41 am »

Question 1: Are the Doctor's physical abnormalities in any way related to the use of field manipulators and/or psychokinetic amps?

Question 2: Does the Doctor use or has he used field manipulators or amps in his work?

Question 3: What was the official reason for sending the Doctor to the HMRC? As in, what was his exact rap sheet?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 12:39:42 pm »

I've listened to the ER Talk.
Things notable. Questions bolded.

1. piecewise definitely doesn't sound like I expected.
2. Wait, you have specific biographical information for the Doctor? Do you have similar information on other major NPCs?
3. ...What would happen if we tried to break the Doc's respirator?
4. What are the Arbiters of Peace?
5. Why are you more willing to dish out details on Doc than the AM?
6. Hm. The riddle on the AM is neat...
7. I'm surprised we only heard of the other part of the Rebellion now.
8. Wow. We've screwed things up bad.
9. Worm in the Samsonite Abyss?
10. Could we use a Speech roll to induce clinical depression? Could we accidentally induce clinical depression in others with a terrible Speech roll?
11. Dark powers? Gypsy curse?
12. I don't like the sound of those new, ghost-ship-related adventures.
13. piecewise, why did you spend so long describing the guy who was sacrificing goats professionally? It's creepy...but before long it got boring.
14. Wait, where did Nyars come from?
15. Does the crystal-projector-spike thing happen if you roll more than 5? Does anything happen if you fail a roll?
16. ...Wait, do we actually have miniature-angry-squirrel guns?
17. Five Factory Worlds? Yikes. We're pretty well-off.
18. I'm mildly surprised that so much of Hephaestus's resources come from mining. There are a lot of minerals in a planet, but still...I guess I imagined a much, much larger scale.
19. Wait, we might follow the tech ban?
20. Wait, The End Is Near is still running?
21. About that new game: You mentioned that if a player dies, his descendant can take his place. What if that one dies, too?
22. X-COM/Pacific Rim hybrid? Sounds awesome. But how would we discover tech from kaiju if they're biological and the Jaeger-expies are technological?
23. Do you have the kaiju table, and if so (or when you get it), can we see the table?
24. The hell-game sounds neat, too.
25. Don't you think Battle Stims would be more popular if they were less...you know...limited-use-per-token? Relatedly, do you think we could implement some kind of thing where for X tokens, you can buy Y units of a given one- or limited-use thing (one manipulator battery, three Battle Stim doses, etc) per mission?
26. You mentioned that pizza delivery places charge by the mile. If you had pizza delivered interstellar, would they calculate the cost by straight-line distances, how long the ship's path was, or what?
27. You mention that the jump points are pretty rare, usually not more than one per solar system. Is there significant non-Jump-Point interstellar travel, to let people get between nod-containing systems, or what?
28. Is it possible that we'll accidentally create the Altered or something similar by screwing with synthflesh or something?
29. Bug bug bug. ER History.
30. I'd like a nice, even number of comments.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2014, 01:08:05 pm »

I've listened to the ER Talk.
Things notable. Questions bolded.

1. piecewise definitely doesn't sound like I expected.
2. Wait, you have specific biographical information for the Doctor? Do you have similar information on other major NPCs?
3. ...What would happen if we tried to break the Doc's respirator?
4. What are the Arbiters of Peace?
5. Why are you more willing to dish out details on Doc than the AM?
6. Hm. The riddle on the AM is neat...
7. I'm surprised we only heard of the other part of the Rebellion now.
8. Wow. We've screwed things up bad.
9. Worm in the Samsonite Abyss?
10. Could we use a Speech roll to induce clinical depression? Could we accidentally induce clinical depression in others with a terrible Speech roll?
11. Dark powers? Gypsy curse?
12. I don't like the sound of those new, ghost-ship-related adventures.
13. piecewise, why did you spend so long describing the guy who was sacrificing goats professionally? It's creepy...but before long it got boring.
14. Wait, where did Nyars come from?
15. Does the crystal-projector-spike thing happen if you roll more than 5? Does anything happen if you fail a roll?
16. ...Wait, do we actually have miniature-angry-squirrel guns?
17. Five Factory Worlds? Yikes. We're pretty well-off.
18. I'm mildly surprised that so much of Hephaestus's resources come from mining. There are a lot of minerals in a planet, but still...I guess I imagined a much, much larger scale.
19. Wait, we might follow the tech ban?
20. Wait, The End Is Near is still running?
21. About that new game: You mentioned that if a player dies, his descendant can take his place. What if that one dies, too?
22. X-COM/Pacific Rim hybrid? Sounds awesome. But how would we discover tech from kaiju if they're biological and the Jaeger-expies are technological?
23. Do you have the kaiju table, and if so (or when you get it), can we see the table?
24. The hell-game sounds neat, too.
25. Don't you think Battle Stims would be more popular if they were less...you know...limited-use-per-token? Relatedly, do you think we could implement some kind of thing where for X tokens, you can buy Y units of a given one- or limited-use thing (one manipulator battery, three Battle Stim doses, etc) per mission?
26. You mentioned that pizza delivery places charge by the mile. If you had pizza delivered interstellar, would they calculate the cost by straight-line distances, how long the ship's path was, or what?
27. You mention that the jump points are pretty rare, usually not more than one per solar system. Is there significant non-Jump-Point interstellar travel, to let people get between nod-containing systems, or what?
28. Is it possible that we'll accidentally create the Altered or something similar by screwing with synthflesh or something?
29. Bug bug bug. ER History.
30. I'd like a nice, even number of comments.
What did you think I'd sound like?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2014, 01:33:31 pm »

Probably this. Or maybe this. Or possibly like this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2014, 01:59:44 pm »

I dunno.
Less...um...young, I guess? Deeper?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2014, 02:20:46 pm »

As Hyacinth from Keeping Up Appearances. Obviously.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 03:09:24 pm »

"Give yourself to the dark side."

Did you see the picture of himself he posted?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2014, 03:34:51 pm »

No.
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 03:49:00 pm »

Well, my voice is a little deeper when I'm not shouting at my computer so the mic will pick it up. But I'm 24. Gotta give me time to get that sweet smokers voice from all these wonderful industrial fumes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »

@Photo: There's a picture somewhere of piecewise with a pipe and smiling toothily. Edit: I can't see the image posted by syvarris (workplace computer) but that may be it.

1 - Do you plan to reveal some of the universe's big secrets to make us happy while leaving a few of them stay as mysteries even after the game ends, like Tolkienverse's Tom Bombadil?

2 - Is there any way to beat godlike amp users that doesn't involve being a godlike amp user yourself, trying to kill them in their sleep while hoping they don't have defensive triggers, or massive orbital bombardment?

3 - How likely is that despite our best efforts and a reasonable to good performance during the revolution, we end up with a bittersweet ending?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »

Spoiler: Here ya go (click to show/hide)
I don't see what's wrong with his mouth.
He doesn't look 24, though. Late teens, maybe. That probably just shows how good I am at judging age, though...
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2014, 07:22:15 pm »

Does E.R. ever come up in your Real Life in any way, shape or form? Does anyone you know IRL know about E.R.?

Do you actually read through those big-off topic discussions and arguments your players get into, the ones about morality and existentialism and all that crazy bullshit? If so, what's your general opinion about them? Are they interesting or more of a nuisance?

Is there anything in your GM'ing past, E.R. or otherwise, that upon recollection, just makes you go, "What the fuck was I thinking?" (I'm interested in this one because it's something I do quite often with my own games.)

Was there any point in game where the players failed to start an event that you really wished happened, like a big fight or chase or monologue with the space monkey people or something to that extent?

What's your musical preference (you can answer as specifically or generally as you want)?

What are your favorite video games?

What are your favorite Forum RPGs (on Bay12 or elsewhere) that you've participated in as a player?

If you could have any two player-characters instantly fall in love, which two would you pick?

Who's your Waifu?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions! ^_^
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:42:40 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2014, 07:25:46 pm »

Spoiler: Here ya go (click to show/hide)
I don't see what's wrong with his mouth.
He doesn't look 24, though. Late teens, maybe. That probably just shows how good I am at judging age, though...

That picture is quite old actually. I was...I think 19 at the time. Not that it matters, I don't think I look much different now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Same old vaguely lesbian looking mother fucker.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2014, 07:30:45 pm »

Nah' man, you've got the looks! Nothing wrong with looking vaguely lesbian! That just means you can get vaguely lesbian girls to have vaguely sexual relations with you! And thus in the process, you can retain your youth looks and vigor forever.

What color is your hair? I can't tell it precisely due to the lighting in both pictures.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31