Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: ER Talk Number 78  (Read 42147 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: ER Talk Number: Whatever I forget. (Continue to Ask questions here)
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2014, 07:34:51 pm »

@TCM personal life question
I'm gonna guess yes, considering he mentioned a girlfriend, and that ER takes up two hours at minimum.

Hmm. How long have you had the girlfriend?  Oddly enough, I actually have a really old bet with a friend about this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2014, 07:44:55 pm »

Nah' man, you've got the looks! Nothing wrong with looking vaguely lesbian! That just means you can get vaguely lesbian girls to have vaguely sexual relations with you! And thus in the process, you can retain your youth looks and vigor forever.

What color is your hair? I can't tell it precisely due to the lighting in both pictures.

Blondish? It's browner now, I was platinum blond as a kid but it's darkening as I get older. Oh god, I'm a plant straight out of trigun.
http://imgur.com/BzspyKT

@TCM personal life question
I'm gonna guess yes, considering he mentioned a girlfriend, and that ER takes up two hours at minimum.

Hmm. How long have you had the girlfriend?  Oddly enough, I actually have a really old bet with a friend about this.
http://imgur.com/hFCRzQA

It's been about 5 years now. 6 almost, actually. It will be 6 in May. She's been on a 5 week trip recently (India, Nepal, Japan, etc) but is coming back this friday. So I may skip the post on saturday, for obvious reasons.

Fun fact, I'm 6'2", she's 5'0". We look very mismatched.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2014, 07:52:30 pm »

Sounds like.

Pretty well-traveled. Are you about as well-traveled as your girlfriend, or does she travel a lot more?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2014, 08:19:55 pm »

Awwww'.

You being 6'2 and her being 5'0 isn't a big deal in my eyes, I know a lot of couples like that. Might be a tad interesting if your heights were flipped though. The girls I've gone out with are always close to my height.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2014, 08:27:36 pm »

Hmm...

It still makes more sense in my mind that piecewise is actually a floating, vibrating skull in a tank hooked up to a computer, rather than a person, even after seeing a picture.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2014, 09:18:37 pm »

Hmm...

It still makes more sense in my mind that piecewise is actually a floating, vibrating skull in a tank hooked up to a computer, rather than a person, even after seeing a picture.
Perhaps the body shown is just a remotely controlled flesh-puppet operated by a floating, vibrating skull in a tank hooked up to a computer somewhere?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2014, 09:24:42 pm »

I am the exact same height as Piecewise, and my girlfriend is the exact same height as his girlfriend :P
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2014, 09:51:15 pm »

Hmm...

Perhaps the body shown is just a remotely controlled flesh-puppet operated by a floating, vibrating skull in a tank hooked up to a computer somewhere?

I am the exact same height as Piecewise, and my girlfriend is the exact same height as his girlfriend :P

And I have spares...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »

That would explain how you can run so many things at once, and still make new projects.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2014, 11:19:49 pm »

Finally I get to listen to this! 

On the Doctor:  I'd say this confirms him as VonNost, though this was almost certain before.  Specifically, the bit about him wearing glasses and this:
As the line of subjects walks out they pass by the gray haired man and several other men and women who, judging by their attire, are scientists or doctors of some sort. Most of them have faces buried in datapads, but the gray haired man is watching, staring intently over thick glasses.

"Yes Dr. VonNost," The man says, marking something down on his pad.

On the AM:
First there were nine
Then there were five
Now two remain

I interpret this as some sort of experimental process to power her up.  Nine candidates, five survivors, only two of them left.   (So who is/where is the other?)

I've had rice flour.  Muffins and pancakes work well.  Don't try to make rice flour pizza crust.

BUG ABOUT TWINE PROJECT!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2014, 05:41:03 am »

First there were nine
Then there were five
Now two remain

Maybe the AM is secretly a humanoid ghostship?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2014, 06:38:31 am »

First there were nine
Then there were five
Now two remain

Possible. If you made a ghost ship of immense size, maybe using the entire population of a planet, you could have enough power to reshape reality itself. So you could compress that ghost ship into the size of a human. Or maybe just have its mind exist outside of the physical body it chooses. And the ghost ship could then learn (or be programmed) to act human.

Although I doubt it. More likely the UWM started training people to discipline their minds, giving them the equivalent of manipulator pills and shoving them towards a sun or other large destroying force. Those that managed to control their newfound powers survived. The others hopefully died before causing too much damage, or becoming Timmy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2014, 08:27:54 am »

What did you think I'd sound like?
As Hyacinth from Keeping Up Appearances. Obviously.

I missed this.  Now I'm going to sub in "Limit civilian casualties" to "Mind the pedestrians" on every mission briefing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2014, 08:50:08 am »

First there were nine
Then there were five
Now two remain
...I can't really see it, to be blunt. Is it possible? Yes. It's also (approximately equally) possible that she's a god in human form, or an alien with advanced technology. Those all potentially allow reality-warping at insane levels...but none of them are terribly plausible. Yes, we know ghost ships exist, but would the UWM make one in humanoid form? Or one that would be willing to aid a rebellion? Or waste it overseeing the HMRC?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2014, 08:56:11 am »

We do know that her visible form isn't her true form.  I'm assuming that she was just human to begin with (remember, she has a natural affinity to amps, implying that she was simply good at them to begin with.)  At some point, though, the UMW may have exposed her (and eight others) to *something* that greatly boosted her powers.  A manip pill equivalent is a fairly likely possibility, or maybe even the Timmy Sphere- remember that the Doctor recognized it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31