Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297777 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 04, 2014, 12:56:17 pm »

Btw is any of you going to make these changes active on your games?
If I do, I'll put A note making that clear and they take effect next map so the group doesn't end up in a place were their plan become...'sue-a-side-del' by no fault of their own.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 04, 2014, 01:12:35 pm »

Btw is any of you going to make these changes active on your games?
Might want to give the players a chance to reclass if you change any of their class features around.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2014, 01:14:23 pm »

That's part of the reason why I asked. Even if we only have little changes. Like the Raid one.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 04, 2014, 01:16:07 pm »

Might want to give the players a chance to reclass if you change any of their class features around.
It only be very minor things like the knight's armoured numbers that are making a mockery of the game.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 04, 2014, 01:22:53 pm »

It only be very minor things like the knight's armoured numbers that are making a mockery of the game.
huehuehuehue

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 04, 2014, 09:00:52 pm »

Ye if it's like now the gold amount needs to go down a little. If on kill it needs to go up because it's hard to leave the last hit to a leetle guy.

And I thought Ambush denied counterattacks? :V

The Spy gets access to bows and swords. Most classes won't be able to counter a smart spy's initial attack in the first place.

Edit: Just realized my calculations for gold scavving only took into account the class tree base, not the total levelx10 bonus.

Christ. In the situation I wrote previously, if your group fights level 5 enemies, you make... 6000 coins. God DAMN.
I don't even know how you got that. Jeezus. Considering that enemies aren't considered(or wouldn't be considered, for this purpose) to have trainee levels unless they are specifically trainees, 10 enemies at level five at the cheap rates is 150x10=1500 gold. You put four times that.

And for reference, my scavenger right now in Haspen's game has managed to get Scavenge to activate exactly three times now. We're halfway through the second chapter he's been in the game. So I've gotten, whoop-de-doo, 150 gold. Considering that the GM can make stuff cost whatever he wants, plus the fact that a level C or D weapon is what's meant to be used by the players during their first class times, as far as I can tell from the whole 'proficiencies at C and D level', which costs about as much as an enterprising scavenger can hope to make in a chapter? And he's supporting anywhere from seven to more than a dozen other people?

Put it in perspective, man.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 04, 2014, 09:12:03 pm »

Okay, I made a fairly serious math error there. Not sure how, but I did. I multiplied by 100 instead of 10. Whoops.

Still, your particular character's inability to land a hit is not reflective of all scavengers. Their physical weapon gives them the most accurate type in the game (swords), and magic for ranged attacking.

I don't think leaving that level money multiplier off and just making it 100 gold per enemy hit would be so unreasonable. And if a GM is price countering specifically to negate a class, something is wrong anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 04, 2014, 09:14:49 pm »

I suppose so, but still. Some form of scaling factor so that it's not useless once the Scavenger promotes would be nice. Also, don't forget, the larger the (player) group, the less likely the scavenger is to get as many hits, and the more the money will be spread around.

As for my character's particular inability, if he had hit every single time he attacked, he would have gotten it to proc 4 times, instead of 3. >.> Not exactly the point I was making.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 04, 2014, 09:22:19 pm »

Maps tend to become more populated as the game moves on, at least in Haspen's games. It's a trend I've noticed. That would relieve the money factor somewhat as the game goes on.

Alternatively, 100 gold from first classes, and 200 from promoted units. It's not a wide scale, but not much work for the GM, which is important.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 04, 2014, 10:12:57 pm »

That would work. I'd be okay with that, I think.

What do Manaketes count as, if they're enemies? I would think promoted class.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 04, 2014, 10:42:30 pm »

I still think 'on kill' would be better, but...meh.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 04, 2014, 10:57:27 pm »

On kill just means it would proc even less, unless people were willing to stand around with their thumbs up their asses so the Scavenger could come over and get the kill so they can get a shiny new weapon. On hit is fine. Rogues can steal items without having to kill the enemy to do it, so why change Scavs?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 04, 2014, 11:11:32 pm »

Promo =/= First.

Also, I meant with higher monetary gain. More risk(of it not procing), more reward.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 300