Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297762 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #285 on: April 04, 2014, 07:01:53 am »

But Rogues can already steal items an enemy has on them without needing to land a killing blow. Scavengers also only get money the first time they hit an enemy. I don't see any need to change them.

Thieves and Rogues can only steal unequipped items, which most enemies don't actually have in the first place, and the Scavenger has no statistical restrictions on who they can loot from.

I think we should hold off on dealing with the Class features of promoted units until we finish First class units.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 04, 2014, 07:03:00 am »

It's only the first time? I thought it was every time they hit :V

So scavengers get ~50 gold on the first hit on an enemy and bounty hunters get ~200 or whatever scavengers have now on kill.
That way scavenger tree is like my avatar.

Anyways FENCERS/FIGHTERS. I had an idea for fighters but I forgot ><

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2014, 07:07:13 am »

If it was every time it would be horribly broken. And 50 is waaayyy too little to matter much. Bounty Hunters should still be able to steal equipped weapons on kills.

Don't be making changes just to be making changes, now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2014, 07:14:19 am »

Eh, I'd like to do something to bounty hunter and as Blade said Kat is rolling on dough :V

Let's bring Challenge back to the table. Blade, how did it go again?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2014, 07:18:49 am »

Okay, for the sake of argument, lets say that a map has, oh, 30 enemies on it. Now, being the enterprising scavenger you are, you go out of your way to hit as many as you can, in order to get loot for your team. Let's say for the sake of argument that you managed to hit a third of them, and to further uncomplicate matters, they were the cheapo classes.

You just made your group 1000 coins. Which is a farily conservative estimate. If we dropped the amount down to 50/100 per hit, depending on class, you'd still be making enough to buy a couple weapons/one special weapon darn near every map.

Scavengers too useful to group finances, plz nerf.

@ Fighters need something else, but I'm not sure what. Making them sneaky tree ninjas is dumb, they wander around hitting people with axes for Critz sake. Maybe an inversion of the Mercenary skill? Except we're planning to change that.

The challenge thing: An idea I had for Fencer's (Though maybe it could work for Fighters if we decide Fencers should have something different), was that they could designate an enemy to challenge on the map. The fencer would gain a few bonuses against them, like increased Hit and Damage, and the enemy would do their best to attack the Fencer, and only the fencer so long as they had the option. The challenge is removed either when the target is dead, or if the Fencer moves in any way that increases distance between himself and the challenged unit. It gives the Fencer a skill that is useful on any map, and gives him a little battlefield control. As a one shot ability however, it may be limited. On the other hand, it'd be darn useful.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2014, 07:25:27 am »

Welp if fencers keep pillar dodging and get a one shot challenge they can be worth it.

Here's something I thought right now for fighters (prone to be bad): they get bonus hit equal to bonus evade they get from any defensive terrain.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2014, 07:28:55 am »

Nerf? If it were per hit? Then assuming she doubled every enemy and had to hit some of them up to four times, she'd make closer to two thousand. That's not really a nerf. I mean, you saw the guys I was Swarming? I could just farm them for gold if it was per hit and make like eight hundred or so off one person as long as Gordon kept me alive. :X

Besides, I don't really see a need to change the thief classes. You generally won't get more than one per game because you only really need one. Usually the only way you'd get an extra is like in Shaundra's case, where she classed into Spy.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2014, 07:32:30 am »

Scavengers do need a little nerf, but I think it would be enough to change the cashing from the first hit to on kill.

Meanwhile spies need buff.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2014, 07:35:35 am »

If it stays getting gold on the first hit, it needs nerf. If it gets gold every hit it needs ban.
And most classes you'll only see one of per game, it doesn't make their abilities not broken.

If we change it to getting gold on a kill, we might actually want to increase the gold slightly, to compensate for the fact that Scavengers are not actually the beefiest of classes. I mean, sure, you'd need to do a bit more planning round to round to make sure a given enemy stays up long enough for the Scav to stab them, but I don't think that's unreasonable.

Spies do need buff. How about this?

Ambush: If the Spy starts his turn on defensive terrain, and moves to attack an enemy, he retains the defense bonuses from said terrain, and gets 15 hit and 1 damage for the attack.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2014, 07:37:49 am »

Ye if it's like now the gold amount needs to go down a little. If on kill it needs to go up because it's hard to leave the last hit to a leetle guy.

And I thought Ambush denied counterattacks? :V

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 04, 2014, 07:40:00 am »

Ye if it's like now the gold amount needs to go down a little. If on kill it needs to go up because it's hard to leave the last hit to a leetle guy.

And I thought Ambush denied counterattacks? :V

The Spy gets access to bows and swords. Most classes won't be able to counter a smart spy's initial attack in the first place.

Edit: Just realized my calculations for gold scavving only took into account the class tree base, not the total levelx10 bonus.

Christ. In the situation I wrote previously, if your group fights level 5 enemies, you make... 6000 coins. God DAMN.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 04, 2014, 07:41:42 am »

What about mages/axemen with throwing axes/lancemen with javelins?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 04, 2014, 07:46:21 am »

What about mages/axemen with throwing axes/lancemen with javelins?

Tough. Besides, a free Cancel is kind of cheap. And, with my suggestion, they get defensive bonuses too, so it's still a good attack.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2014, 07:55:14 am »

So leave it on first hit and 100 gold per. :V That's the lesser amount of the two listed in the handbook and ignores the whole total level thing.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 04, 2014, 07:56:22 am »

So leave it on first hit and 100 gold per. :V That's the lesser amount of the two listed in the handbook and ignores the whole total level thing.

Eh, it still seems a bit high.

Whatever, I think I'm willing to take that.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 300