Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 82482 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #390 on: May 16, 2014, 09:50:08 am »

Hmmmm, we have a guy with a flail, it seems, as well as a guy with a staff. Blunt weapons are effective against bones, so they could pose a problem. Those weapons can also be swung around without aiming, and they are likely to hit something, even in darkness, so I don't know if it would be a good idea to take the lights out first, as it is very unlikely that we can turn both lights off.

How about this:

We shoot them and hide, let them come close, shoot again, and ambush the rest of them?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 16, 2014, 09:54:49 am »

If they just start swinging in the dark, they're liable to hit one of their friends. And if my plan works, they'll be on the ground and unable to do much.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 16, 2014, 11:32:09 am »

Well, it may work, but I veto to have the skeleton mounted, that's useless in small spaces such as this one, and I say that the skeletons shouldn't focus in the human with the knife, because, you know, knives aren't good against skeletons. Or at least just knock him off, but kill the bigger threats first.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 16, 2014, 11:54:18 am »

Of course, the deer will just trample the humans with the goats, and skeleton would follow after the charge. It wouldn't be riding the deer. And I never said to focus on the guy wielding the knife, I said shoot one of the guys holding a torch. Granted, it could mean the guy holding the knife, but it could also be the guy with the club/flail. The goats, because they are smaller, will then ram their legs, knocking them down. The deer will trample and push people around. The human skeleton will hack and slash with the hatchet, and we will shoot arrows if possible.
A list of actions that will take place:
1. We shoot one of the guys holding a torch, probably the one in the front.
2. The goats and deer quickly charge the humans, knocking them down onto the floor.
3. The skeletal human moves in, and the skeletal animals kick and trample the humans. We shoot when possible.
4. The skeletal human hacks into the human's exposed backs or fronts, hopefully killing them. We continue shooting the the animals continue trampling.
5. Repeat 4 as necessary.
6. Win.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 16, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »

Of course, the deer will just trample the humans with the goats, and skeleton would follow after the charge. It wouldn't be riding the deer. And I never said to focus on the guy wielding the knife, I said shoot one of the guys holding a torch. Granted, it could mean the guy holding the knife, but it could also be the guy with the club/flail. The goats, because they are smaller, will then ram their legs, knocking them down. The deer will trample and push people around. The human skeleton will hack and slash with the hatchet, and we will shoot arrows if possible.
2. The goats and deer quickly charge the humans, knocking them down onto the floor.
3. The skeletal human moves in, and the skeletal animals kick and trample the humans. We shoot when possible.
4. The skeletal human hacks into the human's exposed backs or fronts, hopefully killing them. We continue shooting the the animals continue trampling.
6. Win.

+1

((I was just pointing out that the knife guy is not a high priority target))

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2014, 01:23:51 pm »

6. Win.

+1

+1

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2014, 04:31:34 pm »

6. Win.

+1

+1
+1, with addition that during #3 we shout "I've got a bone to pick in you~!"
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2014, 09:06:23 am »

Why not let them get further in the cave, then take out the torchbearer, send in the goaten(?) hordes.
Otherwise they can just retreat back outside. Here we can cut off their retreat.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2014, 09:35:43 am »

Why not let them get further in the cave, then take out the torchbearer, send in the goaten(?) hordes.
Otherwise they can just retreat back outside. Here we can cut off their retreat.
I think that we are already letting the to get in and blocking their escape route, that's why we carried the bodies to a side of the cave, and we wait in the other.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2014, 01:36:26 pm »

I think that we are already letting the to get in and blocking their escape route, that's why we carried the bodies to a side of the cave, and we wait in the other.
Also assumed this, they travel down as planned, then we spring the list of actions on them.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2014, 09:41:32 am »

I really wanted to make this fight into a gif. An undertaking that I just pushed back further and further, and ultimately found too much of a hassle.

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 12, Late Afternoon

Relying on the cover of darkness, you let the cautious men inch closer to your current position, before you let loose the first arrow. It strikes the one wielding an axe, sinking deep into his left chest. He immediately lets go of axe and torch, clasping at his wound in a hysterical fit. Before the rest of the group can really react, the skeletal animals are upon them.

The fight is intense, to say the least, and very chaotic. And you get to see all of it, while knocking another arrow and trying to loose it. Your goats all more or less find their mark in the charge, with the already wounded sod landing on his knees, the guy with the staff getting completely knocked over, and the thick one getting more than a black spot on his legs, for which he pays in kind to the goat though. Out of the four, only one is able to dodge – against the horse no less – and even counters it, dislocating one of the rear legs with his long-dagger.

Meanwhile you are done aiming, and the string sings in the darkness. It should have been a clean shot, and it turns out your aim is frighteningly devastating, the arrow lodging itself cleanly in the head... of a goat. It tries to bop the thicker of the four, and gets kicked away instead – it does not get up. The goat which previously had knocked down one of the intruders also fails to do any damage, with the former lifting himself up with his staff, and taking in the situation for a moment. With the horse crushing down on the balding mans legs, and the axe-wielding guy getting done in by the skeleton and a goat, it seems he knows how this is going to end. Or maybe he just panics? Either way, he begins his retreat unchallenged.

Your horse drives its revenge further, inflicting another grievous wound on the balding man, with a goat also helping out. The guy with the staff meanwhile has escaped through the entrance, with the rest of the unoccupied undead gathering around the podgy man – who clearly has missed his chance of escape by now.

Obviously the one who handled himself best in the fight, also was able to get away. You would curse your luck, but you have a decision to make. Taking some undead away from killing the last two without much chance of more of your minions getting wounded, or just letting the human leg it, killing the humans easily, and then possibly getting out of here yourself...

Either way, going out into the open would mean two things. For one, you would meet on far more even terms. Secondly, you would also reveal just how little in number your undead really are. To top it off, with the horse having lost a leg you are quite unsure if it is still able to bear your weight for a prolonged amount of time.

Currently:
205/205 HP
11/175 MP
50 MP Stored

Well-Fed - Doubled HP-Regeneration
Sentient Nourishment - +3 Agility and Intelligence for Skill- and Combat-checks
Slightly Numb Right Leg - Still hinders you for a bit, but not as serious anymore
Unable to Cast - Just hope this one wears off soon
Severe Manaburn - Makes casting spells and gathering mana harder. Resulting in easier miscasts. Funny how that works.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mind Map (click to show/hide)

" Not that I expect them to just turn over and die, but this is getting a real hassle... "

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2014, 09:46:01 am »

Finish off the guys in the cave, then have our undead run down the guys who escaped.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 22, 2014, 10:26:59 am »

Finish off the guys in the cave, then have our undead run down the guys who escaped.
+1.

OK, plan for getting the hell out of this palce without leaving traces when we finish this:
1) Pile all the bodies in the darkest corner of the cave, covering them with dirt and/or stones.
2) Hide the blood with even more dirt.
3) Hide any traces of humans wandering in the vecinity of the cave (erase footprints and stuff)
4) Leave for the city in which we started so that we can do research and heal, while we erase all the suspicions of our presence in this village.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 22, 2014, 10:34:02 am »

Leaving the bodies would be a bad idea. We will need the sapient flesh for bonuses, and the goats can probably carry a corpse each. The horse and other skeleton can carry the rest.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 22, 2014, 10:55:21 am »

I doubt that we can carry all the corpses. Didn't we smoke some meat, anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40