Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 82469 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2014, 03:43:47 pm »

I think we will need to rush them. As soon as they are deeper into the cave, and they have their backs turned, have the skeletons charge them. Aim for the head! ((Is there a chance of them not seeing us? Also, I think Jorgal was that shepherd guy we raided.))

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 08, 2014, 03:54:03 pm »

Have our goat guardians ignore the first guy and go for the second, we and our skeleton will take care of the first guy entering our cave. Greet him with arrow to the throat!
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 08, 2014, 05:36:26 pm »

I think we will need to rush them. As soon as they are deeper into the cave, and they have their backs turned, have the skeletons charge them. Aim for the head! ((Is there a chance of them not seeing us? Also, I think Jorgal was that shepherd guy we raided.))
+1, but change head for throat.

Also, knock off lights

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 08, 2014, 07:57:37 pm »

Also, knock off lights
+1.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 09, 2014, 07:24:03 pm »

Also, knock off lights
+1.

This, I guess.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2014, 12:40:09 am »

Still not Harvest Season
Smack middle of the week
Too close to noon to be anywhere but in the shade

It is almost mid-day. You are hungry, it is – oh wonders – hot like hell. You are currently searching for a guy you did never really like, and obviously you do this with another guy you don't really like. Hell, he most probably just up and left, but no~. Let's search for him. Maybe he and his goats just got lost somehow. Or something even worse, like bandits. Or even worse, like demons, undead or the return of bears, pumas or some magical beast! Seriously, if Nelly hadn't signed you up for this crap, you-

It hurts.
It hurts!
It freaking hurts!
You gasp in pain, dropping the torch to the floor absent-mindedly.

It hurts.
You try to touch where it does so, and immediately the whole left side of your face burns up like hot iron would have seared it.
It hurts!
You are close to fainting, and somehow wish you just would do so.
It hurts!
Your heartbeat feels like a hammer is clanging down on your head, and you do not even register the white shadow that just hushed by.
It hurts!!
Did you just hear the old fool scream? He should help you already!

Even now, It hurts!
Just as you are truly ready to faint and be done with all that pain, or plainly go mad with it, your shoulder suddenly is hit by something, and starts to hurt too!
It hurts like mad!!
But soon thereafter, something hard hits your spine with renewed might, and you are embraced by long overdue peace...

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 12, Around Noon

Well then, that was easy. You lied in wait until they got relatively close, and then your archery training paid off big time. Facing that hulking man whose eye you shot in melee instead, could have turned bad real quick. With him lying on the floor, sobbing his remaining eye out, the frail, elderly man had no chance against the skeletons – he did not even make it back to the entrance. Sure, there was a fair bit of screaming involved, but a quick look and ear outside shows that the others seemingly did not notice anything. You do hear at least two other voices screaming around though, and the small fire your guests used to light the torch is still merrily flickering in front of the entrance. The cave itself is now filled with two more corpses, pools of blood and the heavy scent of iron can be tasted in the air.

Currently:
205/205 HP
11/175 MP
50 MP Stored

Well-Fed - Doubled HP-Regeneration
Sentient Nourishment - +3 Agility and Intelligence for Skill- and Combat-checks
Slightly Numb Right Leg - Still hinders you for a bit, but not as serious anymore
Unable to Cast - Just hope this one wears off soon
Severe Manaburn - Makes casting spells and gathering mana harder. Resulting in easier miscasts. Funny how that works.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mind Map (click to show/hide)

" Seems like they were only prepared to be preyed upon by wild animals. Pumas, eh? I kinda want one now... "

" Well then, that went surprisingly well - what now though? "

More or less settled into the new flat by now. Decided to do some scy-fi strategy thingy on the side, but this is still planned to be the main game. Well, with happenings like these I often enough feel compelled to make a gif out of it, so it takes its time.
Decided to to a little shift of character there, because the other end of the stick this time is, well... yeah. Somewhat experimental, but I am not displeased with how it turned out in the end.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2014, 05:24:07 am »

Skin the corpses for meat and later, human leathers
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2014, 06:00:04 am »

Locate Puma.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 13, 2014, 06:10:09 am »

Move the bodies with the torch to the inside of the cave and instruct a skeleton to suffocate it (this needs to be dark).

The pools (and trails) of blood could be used in our favor. Just carry the corpses to one side of the cave, and wait in the other side, where we could try the exact same  strategy.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 13, 2014, 08:31:09 am »

Move the bodies with the torch to the inside of the cave and instruct a skeleton to suffocate it (this needs to be dark).

The pools (and trails) of blood could be used in our favor. Just carry the corpses to one side of the cave, and wait in the other side, where we could try the exact same strategy.
+1 "Oh no! I think a puma got Jorgal! We must go inside to avenge him!" Otherwise, we should just wait until nightfall. The searchers should be gone by then.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 13, 2014, 08:38:58 am »

The pools (and trails) of blood could be used in our favor. Just carry the corpses to one side of the cave, and wait in the other side, where we could try the exact same strategy.
+1 "Oh no! I think a puma got Jorgal! We must go inside to avenge him!" Otherwise, we should just wait until nightfall. The searchers should be gone by then.
Of course, the people entering is just a possbility, so we are doing this to be prepared.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 13, 2014, 09:13:29 am »

The pools (and trails) of blood could be used in our favor. Just carry the corpses to one side of the cave, and wait in the other side, where we could try the exact same  strategy.
+1

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 13, 2014, 06:11:28 pm »

+1
yup
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 16, 2014, 08:59:05 am »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 12, Late Afternoon

First things first – albeit you were fairly sure that both of them already died, now you truly make sure that this is the case. A few uses of the hatchets and there is no question – they can't get any dead-er than they currently are. After that the skeletons drag the corpses towards the upper cave, and then you all hide away in the lower one, ready to repeat the tactic if needed. By now you are sure that a feline companion would make for good company. Sadly you have no clue as to where you would be able to find one/s bones.

Sure enough, it does not take too long until the screaming for “Jorgal” also includes the occasional “Ernel” and “Wilt”. It takes a bit longer still, till the screaming for Jorgal becomes almost unheard of, but instead the searchers are screaming with renewed vigour. All in all it only takes about three hours until you hear voices in front of the entrance again. They are excitedly discussing the burnt out camp-fire in front of it, with the loudest of them angrily stating to the others what the fates of the two will be if they just slack off. The angry man seems especially fond of the idea to castrate them, as you can't help but notice.

As you guessed by the voices, there are more than two this time. You can see four of them that just entered the cave, two of which are carrying a torch around. Yeah, they really do not like the blood all that much. If their variety of swearing and drawing of weapons is anything to go by. This time – or so you fear – it might turn out to be a fair bit more difficult to add them to your growing collection of bones. At least they are quite fixated on the wrong passage, and unless you do something stupid - or they are thorough with their search of the first cave - this is somewhat unlikely to change.

Currently:
205/205 HP
11/175 MP
50 MP Stored

Well-Fed - Doubled HP-Regeneration
Sentient Nourishment - +3 Agility and Intelligence for Skill- and Combat-checks
Slightly Numb Right Leg - Still hinders you for a bit, but not as serious anymore
Unable to Cast - Just hope this one wears off soon
Severe Manaburn - Makes casting spells and gathering mana harder. Resulting in easier miscasts. Funny how that works.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mind Map (click to show/hide)

" Darkne~ss, Darkness is a ghoul's best friend~ "

Geh. Dicey Internet. Its dicey.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:25:17 am by escaped lurker »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 16, 2014, 09:42:16 am »

Send forth the goatish horde, led by the terrifying skeletal man atop his brave mount, the undead deer!
Try to get at least one shot off, towards one of the guys holding a torch. Then send out the three goats, with the purpose of knocking them off their feet and trampling them. Have the deer help with that, then the skeleton, with its hatchet, can try and make short work of them while they're exposed. Keep shooting arrows while this is happening. Unless, of course, we run the risk of killing our own undead.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40