Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60714 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front
« Reply #615 on: July 23, 2014, 09:57:44 pm »

I think it was the "that's all you GMs are good for" comment that set it off since its easy to misinterpret the pointing behind that thanks to your earlier assertions regarding the usefulness of just about everything.
I was just referencing the game rules with that. GMs aren't as good while moving as Guntanks are(which is...weird...logic would say the artillery would suck whilst moving while the frontline would be fine...). Better while turning, tho.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #616 on: July 23, 2014, 09:57:44 pm »

"Hey guys, you now what'd really fuck with them?"
[Felix, Guntank Support Truck]: What's that, Kyle?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 23, 2014, 09:59:27 pm »

"If one of us in suits snuck up on them and stomped on them. Or flipped them."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #618 on: July 23, 2014, 10:03:56 pm »

[Felix, Guntank Support Truck]: ...

[Norris, RGM Support Truck]: Kyle I will suck your Johnson if you pull that off.

[Felix, Guntank Support Truck]: CUT THE CHATTER YOU GUYS THIS IS SERIOUS.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 23, 2014, 10:05:12 pm »

The first section of that was indeed me being slightly irritated, because I couldn't tell you were joking at all, there was no real context for me to perceive it as joking (sadly one major failing of the internet is you can't give text tones like voices do) since I've never had any interactions with you before. However I am sorry if it appeared to you I was calling you stupid, I'm not calling you stupid but I am calling you reckless mostly because the guntanks have the greatest amount of firepower right now, and losing one would make this rather bad. One of our GMs getting hurt or destroyed isn't as nearly a big of a blow as losing a gun tank at the moment :P

But yes sorry if I offended you I honestly had no intentions of doing that.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 23, 2014, 10:06:01 pm »

"Roger."
There's a snort and a small bit of chuckling before the connection shuts off. For now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 23, 2014, 10:44:18 pm »

The first section of that was indeed me being slightly irritated, because I couldn't tell you were joking at all, there was no real context for me to perceive it as joking (sadly one major failing of the internet is you can't give text tones like voices do) since I've never had any interactions with you before. However I am sorry if it appeared to you I was calling you stupid, I'm not calling you stupid but I am calling you reckless mostly because the guntanks have the greatest amount of firepower right now, and losing one would make this rather bad. One of our GMs getting hurt or destroyed isn't as nearly a big of a blow as losing a gun tank at the moment :P

But yes sorry if I offended you I honestly had no intentions of doing that.

That's...that's why I including the :P at the end though...

That's what I use to try to show I'm joking when it's not obvious...

IT'S NOT WORKING OH GOD OH GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #622 on: July 23, 2014, 11:01:37 pm »

Turn up in a bit. Adwarf says he's going to run West and get ready to shoot next turn, I assume Rolep is still going to roll up and nail the tank with his missiles along with USEC heading east to hit it with his cannons.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 23, 2014, 11:30:34 pm »

Yup I still wanna blow it to bits.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #624 on: July 24, 2014, 03:55:31 am »

Spoiler: Federation Phase (click to show/hide)
Neil's suit struggles to move, but he still manages to coax it into motion. It's just enough to get himself into cover before the Magella can start reloading.

[Lutz, Magella Attack Tank]: Damn! Is it really still active after a direct hit? These new Federation mobile suits are tougher than we thought.

Felix drives his vehicle across the open ground towards the tank in the heart of the city and his crew opens fire at his rear. {hit (truck: moving -1 hit) - 2d6=6, 2 : 2d6=2, 4=failure} 20mm rounds stitch the pavement around the tank.

[Lutz, Magella Attack Tank]: Mao, I have to roll back. One of the smaller magnetic contacts is a hovertruck with a cannon. Watch your back.

Richards rolls east and pivots his upper body towards the enemy tank. He finishes sighting in his right-hand missile launcher and opens up with a full volley.

[Mao, Magella Attack Tank]: Ah-!

(Tank (surprised))
{hit - 2d6=5, 4 : 2d6=6, 2=failure}
{hit - 2d6=1, 5 : 2d6=6, 4=failure}
{hit - 2d6=4, 1 : 2d6=1, 3=success; dmg - 3d6=2, 4, 4 : 1d6=5=3}
{hit - 2d6=3, 4 : 2d6=6, 5=tie, defender wins}

The tank starts rolling backwards at full speed. Three of the missiles impact on the ground and against the surrounding buildings, sending rubble and glass flying everywhere. The fourth lands against the ground almost directly beneath the tank as it reverses and detonates, tearing a savage gouge in the hull and lifting it up on one track momentarily. The metal groans and the tank falls back, still right-side up. [main body disabled]

[Mao, Magella Attack Tank]: They got me! The hull's pulverized and I've lost power, no, I think the engine's been destroyed. I've thrown both tracks as well- Fuck it, I'm punching out!

There's an explosion as the turret separates and the new vehicle jets upward into the air.

[Mao, Magella Attack Tank]: Ah, I'm airborne! (I can't believe this thing actually works!)

[Mao, Magella Attack Tank]: Lutz! I've sighted the guntanks, all three of 'em are on this side of the city!! One's crossing the river!

Barry has trouble re-targeting after the Magella separated and can't get a shot in this turn.

Zeon phase start!

Federation

Zeon

Spoiler: Weapon Tags (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicle Tags (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kahzban: Clean Overlay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:04:04 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 24, 2014, 03:06:36 pm »

Kyle continues his stroll through cover towards poor old Lutz.
"I'm gonna flank him."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #626 on: July 24, 2014, 05:01:59 pm »

You'd better roleplay it up while Furtuka's doing his turn, Federation. Talk about the mission and the safety of Baikonur, or the situation between Fed and Zeon.

Or something. :p

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30:24 pm »

You'd better roleplay it up while Furtuka's doing his turn, Federation. Talk about the mission and the safety of Baikonur, or the situation between Fed and Zeon.

Or something. :p
...just how long is turning, shooting missiles, and having them shoot back at us supposed to take, exactly?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #628 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30:56 pm »

Pretend you're in an anime. You have all the time to talk in the world between gunshots.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 24, 2014, 07:04:12 pm »

Pulling the sight from behind his headrest to prep for his shot Francis activates his coms,

"Good luck with that Kyle, but for some reason I get the feeling Neil over there is gonna down that thing before you even get close to it. Either way we need to focus on covering Felix so he can withdraw to a closer position, if the Zeon could get two of those worthless things in behind us then who knows what else they have in waiting. Don't let your guard down, the Zeon scum must not be allowed anywhere near Baikonur Spaceport until the evacuation is complete."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46