Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60732 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front
« Reply #600 on: July 23, 2014, 09:30:45 pm »

Adwarf, don't shoot. You have to be stationary to fire anyway, and I fire 4 shots versus your one, which is important when firing at a target with such small defense compared to the damage we deal. Get into a good firing position and stay still; it's all you GMs are good for anyway :P
... You really don't understand what GMs are do you? GMs are mobile suits made for the purpose of frontline combat, their roles are multipurpose as its numerous models of the GM reflect, they are fit for everything from sniper duty to melee to just general purpose combatants. You on the other hand are using a guntank which was never meant to roll out to what is basically point blank range and try to duke it out with enemy units, sure its the Zeon's rather shitty MBTs but you need to show at least some regard for caution considering that you three are the heaviest firepower we have at the moment. You're also correct I can't fire this turn, but that still doesn't mean you take the chance to put yourself in harms way to fire your missiles at the tanks since for all we know they have more units waiting in ambush.

Updated Action:
Move to previously listed position and prepare to fire next turn.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 23, 2014, 09:34:20 pm »

Can we throw the MBTs?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #602 on: July 23, 2014, 09:36:13 pm »

Can we throw the MBTs?
They're small enough that you could pick it up with both hands and toss it a short distance. There's actually a lot of tank stomping by Zakus in MS IGLOO.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 23, 2014, 09:37:18 pm »

Adwarf, calm the fuck down, first off.

I'm talking about the game rules. You suffer penalties for firing whilst moving; Guntanks don't.

And I'd rather not have our fucking hovertank blown to shit because you're worried something will ambush us out of nowhere, which, while certainly possible, is both unlikely considering the hovertank could probably see it, and unlikely to harm me since I can just keep rolling.

If they were powerful enough to disable me from nowhere in the one turn I would be exposed, I have doubts as to whether it would matter as to whether it would matter what we did since they could pop out of nowhere and blow us the fuck up.

Me wanting to destroy the MBT this turn is not a 'disregard for caution'. It's prudence to kill the enemy while they're exposed; we can only go off the data we have now. There is no evidence of other enemies lying in wait to ambush us beyond the fact that some already did, and acting overly cautious is as bad as being reckless. I'm not flat-out charging the dude, I'm strafing by him with rockets until you, or someone else, can fire.

In fact, if I didn't fire, it would be more reckless, since he could then attack you on his turn, considering his weapon has at least as long of a range as yours.

EDIT: "melee". Like I would ever make that my primary means of attack with a giant robot and super-technology.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:39:36 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 23, 2014, 09:39:16 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #605 on: July 23, 2014, 09:40:45 pm »

Check out these tanks getting roflstomped:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 23, 2014, 09:42:46 pm »

yeah but those are Magella Eins and Type 61 Tanks. It's a completely different designs.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 23, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »

Notice:

Both of those don't have non-swiveling turrets.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:19 pm »

Whoa wait? You're telling me to calm down dude? What I just stated was completely reasonable and level headed throughout the entire thing, everything I stated was based off my knowledge of the Gundam, the mission at hand, and what I expect of Furtuka from what he's already managed to pull off against us.

Now on to why its a disregard for caution; this is because that building one tile to the left of where you are at should be big enough to hide behind thus protecting you from the tanks fire and forcing the tank to either move into its own cover, attack me, or move forward to attack you all of which puts that tank at a disadvantage as USEC is already moving to flank and will not result in possible damage to you.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 23, 2014, 09:46:03 pm »

*watches the episode a bit more*

Oh you're right. But they're still bigger than normal tanks due to their special ability so it would probably be tougher to throw them
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #610 on: July 23, 2014, 09:48:40 pm »

Yeah. My ruling is that a GM could lift but not throw a Magella, at least not too far. It'd prolly be more like pushing.

Notice:

Both of those don't have non-swiveling turrets.
In those two pictures I linked the first is a Federation Type 61, that one's turret swivels, and the Magella in the second is getting it's head knocked off so I don't know what you're on about there.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 23, 2014, 09:51:13 pm »

A. I'm moving and thus have 3 Mov so it won't have the super easiest time hitting me.

B. If I manage to miss or fail to cripple it with four missiles, the RNG is fucking with us anyway

C. The tone you took throughout it was that of someone who felt affronted and personally offended by a joking comment, while you berated me and essentially said I was stupid/reckless/didn't know anything whatsoever about the series for...what, exactly? Trying to kill the enemy? If they have units lying in wait, they could just as easily hit you as me.

How, pray-tell, would attacking me put it at less of a disavantage than attacking you?

@Gunin: I didn't actually notice the tiny tank getting crushed in the second one; I thought I was missing something and the larger one was being destroyed by something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 23, 2014, 09:54:43 pm »

I think it was the "that's all you GMs are good for" comment that set it off since its easy to misinterpret the pointing behind that thanks to your earlier assertions regarding the usefulness of just about everything.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #613 on: July 23, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »

@Gunin: I didn't actually notice the tiny tank getting crushed in the second one; I thought I was missing something and the larger one was being destroyed by something.
Oh, nice. :D

Hey everyone cool it a little, please.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 23, 2014, 09:56:50 pm »

"Hey guys, you now what'd really fuck with them?"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46