Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74787 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (He we go...)
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2014, 02:49:33 am »

Watch nobody create a race of elves just to block my character... I'm pretty sure someone already suggested that the two ascendants be blocked.

If no one creates any of the ascendent application races, you know what I will do?  Carefully stretch the meaning of actions, exploiting natural laws, and other shenanigans to make sure they exist.  Might get some flak from the gods from it, but I do want other players to be able to enter the game.  I don't like it when people try to block players from being able to enter a game that is open to all.
I swear when this happens an ancient god is just going to hate my race and say "Humans must die"!
The Overgod is vaguely humanoid. You have nothing to fear before it's overthrown by that dog-turtle thing or any of those chaos things.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2014, 06:38:45 am »

But at that point it wouldn't matter, since the universe would end and I would die.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2014, 07:57:49 am »

Hey guise, and so I waketh up and posteth the first turn in the IC thread. Sorry about the whole late thing - was asleep.
Neat. Although...are those infinite roads just dirt roads?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2014, 09:52:56 am »

Wolf, I appologize if you wanted to be an Ascendant, but your application was long enough for Elder God status, and the way the universe is at the time, it needs life, and yours as 'trees' is the closest I can get.  I can change it if you wish.

Whitus, I used your application due to the lack of light in the universe, and with no application with the sphere 'Light', you were the one who fit the role the best.

Hey guise, and so I waketh up and posteth the first turn in the IC thread. Sorry about the whole late thing - was asleep.

I made them stone in the post so that they could be seen, since there is no life yet.

((Wait, just to clarify, I'm an elder God now?))

Yes.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2014, 09:54:17 am »

So, there's no life, but there are already cities. Interesting.

Also, truly, I'm pretty sure that other gods will think of things like life and light. Besides, you don't have to worry about every little detail. After all, soon we'll need a God of Gravity, Momentum and other physics. While there might not be any light, there's no darkness either, after all.

((Truelly, I should get around to fancying up my sheet. Way to lazy in doing that))
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:56:23 am by 10ebbor10 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2014, 09:56:05 am »

So, there's no life, but there are already cities. Interesting.

There aren't any cities yet.  I'm writing the turns as they would be in a religious book being written at an undisclosed time in the future.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2014, 09:57:17 am »

Wolf, I appologize if you wanted to be an Ascendant, but your application was long enough for Elder God status, and the way the universe is at the time, it needs life, and yours as 'trees' is the closest I can get.  I can change it if you wish.

Whitus, I used your application due to the lack of light in the universe, and with no application with the sphere 'Light', you were the one who fit the role the best.

I made them stone in the post so that they could be seen, since there is no life yet.

((Wait, just to clarify, I'm an elder God now?))

Yes.
Is fine, I can roll with this.  GAME ON!!!!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2014, 09:58:10 am »

((Suddenly everyone goes for nomadic civilizations))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2014, 10:00:04 am »

The way I saw it, Terra Firma is kind of proto-ground. Elemental earth, that sort of thing. So, constant and immutable, unlike the chaotic Aether. I'm just trying to give that Ultimate Act a sense of ridiculous power: first it creates an infinite amount of proto-Earth and proto-Air, and even after that its user is so powerful that it can cross an infinite distance back and forth so many times that a substance that should be inchangeable bears the marks of its passage.

So no, they're not dirt roads, they're grooves in the firmament of reality. And I'm not sure that they're human-sized, either.

Aw fuck, I'm late. Oh well, be it what it is.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2014, 10:02:05 am »

They would still have cities.  Mobile cities of tents or huts, but still cities.

Oh, I should mention, there's no water on the planet.  No hills or mountains either since everything is flat.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2014, 10:02:41 am »

Indeed.

And yeah, you don't need a dedicated Life God to make life.

P.S. What, exactly, is a "holy" act?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2014, 10:03:16 am »

They would still have cities.  Mobile cities of tents or huts, but still cities.

Oh, I should mention, there's no water on the planet.  No hills or mountains either since everything is flat.
Ah... why is it suddenly a planet?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2014, 10:06:03 am »

Nomadic civilizations mostly live in small groups. Hard to call such a thing a city.

((Anyway, Solitary civilizations it is))

Ah, sad. Actual planes are more interesting. Would have also resolved the light question before it even came up.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:09:57 am by 10ebbor10 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2014, 10:12:29 am »

And yeah, you don't need a dedicated Life God to make life.

The selection of the elder gods' spheres are what is missing from the universe (or as close as possible), and there is no life, so Life God.

P.S. What, exactly, is a "holy" act?

Act bound that can only be used for stuff in the 'Holy' sphere.  However, since he has 4 spheres, it is mutable between his spheres, but only those 4.

Planets can be flat.  Technically impossible in our universe, but they could be flat in another...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:23:09 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2014, 10:19:21 am »

There isn't much of anything else either.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:21:19 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52