Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals II OOC (From the darkness, a turn creeps out...)  (Read 74773 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II OOC (He we go...)
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2014, 06:49:54 pm »

Oh that. I wasn't taking that seriously at all.
I was nega-serious.
That... might be his/their point.  If you have a history of not being serious, then there's a significant chance that you won't take this seriously.
That wasn't really a game to take seriously, considering at the point that I killed everything we had giant dinosaur spaceship empires trying to kill each other by farting or something equally ludicrous.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2014, 06:56:47 pm »

I was nega-serious.
That... might be his/their point.  If you have a history of not being serious, then there's a significant chance that you won't take this seriously.
That wasn't really a game to take seriously, considering at the point that I killed everything we had giant dinosaur spaceship empires trying to kill each other by farting or something equally ludicrous.
Somewhere, someone said "We are defined by the company we keep."  I'm not going to argue yea or nay, but there are reasons for peoples' expectations.

More on topic: Can we get a link in the OP to the IC thread?  Just in case it becomes difficult to find.  I expect this thread to be easier to keep track of.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2014, 07:00:04 pm »

Watch nobody create a race of elves just to block my character... I'm pretty sure someone already suggested that the two ascendants be blocked.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2014, 07:29:05 pm »

Eh, you might get your wish but it may be twisted.
Crack-a-lack-a

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2014, 07:47:11 pm »

I was nega-serious.
No, it was just that he had mentioned somewhere that he had never been a chaotic character in a god game, so I pointed out the example of Roll to Revive.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2014, 08:13:16 pm »

Watch nobody create a race of elves just to block my character... I'm pretty sure someone already suggested that the two ascendants be blocked.

If no one creates any of the ascendent application races, you know what I will do?  Carefully stretch the meaning of actions, exploiting natural laws, and other shenanigans to make sure they exist.  Might get some flak from the gods from it, but I do want other players to be able to enter the game.  I don't like it when people try to block players from being able to enter a game that is open to all.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2014, 08:20:55 pm »

I was nega-serious.
No, it was just that he had mentioned somewhere that he had never been a chaotic character in a god game, so I pointed out the example of Roll to Revive.
I forgot that that was a god game to be honest, since it's been on hiatus for months.
Sig! Onol

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2014, 08:32:31 pm »

I imagine any Ascendants could just use a minor act to change their character to the appearance/race they described.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals II (Let's try and see if my sanity survives this)
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2014, 11:17:05 pm »

So at this stage, I am only making the selection of the Overgod, and I'm going to go with The Wandering Light, due to the app giving off what appears to be the idea of being neutral in most matters, leaving the others to have more freedom than what some of the others would do.
Pretty good reasoning.

I mentioned that in jest.
There is, however, a reason I made my apps as species-neutral as possible.

I was nega-serious.
I forgot that that was a god game to be honest, since it's been on hiatus for months.
Wait, that's on hiatus and not officially dead?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2014, 11:22:25 pm »

Mastahcheese is actually still working on the map, so yes.
Sig! Onol

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2014, 11:46:04 pm »

If no one creates any of the ascendent application races, you know what I will do?  Carefully stretch the meaning of actions, exploiting natural laws, and other shenanigans to make sure they exist.  Might get some flak from the gods from it, but I do want other players to be able to enter the game.  I don't like it when people try to block players from being able to enter a game that is open to all.
I swear when this happens an ancient god is just going to hate my race and say "Humans must die"!
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2014, 12:11:31 am »

Palms 3:14.592 "And lo' on the thirteenth day of the thirteenth month of the thirteenth year of the thirteenth decade on the thirteenth century of the thirteenth millinea in the thirteenth omniverse did the elder god say 'Fuck those guys.' and so it was. And it was glorious."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2014, 12:36:59 am »

Hey guise, and so I waketh up and posteth the first turn in the IC thread. Sorry about the whole late thing - was asleep.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2014, 02:44:57 am »

I imagine any Ascendants could just use a minor act to change their character to the appearance/race they described.
Sure, elves will be created, but they might not be the elves you think they'll be.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2014, 02:47:17 am »

*Cue elves being dwarves, and dwarves being elves*
Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52