Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: Webcomics thread  (Read 84447 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics thread
« Reply #375 on: September 10, 2017, 09:50:29 pm »

Questionable Content is still loverly.
I may have gone a bit nuts over an androgynous secret-agent android earlier, but I'm starting to think I have a thing for detectives.  Especially androids or jaegers, hehe.

Especially when they get constantly confounded but are indefatigable...  That's an attractive trait in anyone, I say.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2017, 10:02:22 pm »

Hello, I would like to file a complaint, because Lighter than Heir went on indefinite hiatus like immediately after you recommended it. ;_;

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 10, 2017, 10:13:58 pm »

I wasn't caught up, and I'm sorry, and if it's any consolation yes it hurts >:
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 10, 2017, 10:42:55 pm »

Wait, someone recommended Lighter than Heir? Without telling me? This calls for vengeance! Heir is about a mixed squad of soldiers in a warzone that has mecha, right?. It is therefore exactly the same as My Life at War! Surely everyone who likes the former will be able to pass the time with the latter without even noticing the difference!

And, umm, Hemlock might be updating again? On the topic of hiatuses...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 10, 2017, 11:49:11 pm »

Questionable Content is still loverly.

Yeah, I recently binged QC from the start and caught up with the new stuff (since I was like 10 years behind i needed to reboot it). That was quite a ride reading it all at once. It's certainly gone through some evolution.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:52:08 pm by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 12, 2017, 07:03:59 am »

From 'No poo poo on the pee pee' to 'well, this is me' is basically a 180 turn.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2017, 01:57:03 pm »

Pfft, that's old hat now. The next phase is going to be all about robo-lesbianism.

One issue is that Marten is now less of a character and more of a walking Mary Sue for showing how PC the author is :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:59:44 pm by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2017, 02:07:52 pm »

Maybe his story is done. He and Dora have their pairings and there's no need to inject additional drama so they're dead characters and we can move on to the AI singularity
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2017, 02:13:43 pm »

showing how PC the author is :)

The short "privilege" arc recently was actually difficult to read.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2017, 02:41:58 pm »

Yeah, if you break that down it was a pretty heavy handed author's screed rather than feeling like something that happened in the story.

The character sparking it off didn't even make sense, it's nothing like anything else that ever came out of that character's mouth. And since that character had ... pretty shitty morals all-round in all other incidents, it could even be construed as self-serving, then everyone buys into it. What's the message here btw? It's ok to guilt-trip your friends over privilege if they have something you don't and they try and have a normal conversation with you about it?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:51:02 pm by Reelya »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 08, 2017, 06:19:28 pm »

I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2017, 06:38:39 pm »

Good call.  And for people who were aware it's back (WOOOOOOOO!), it also had one update since that one.  That one is very pretty, though.
Most of the delay was caused by Kickstarter rewards, is my understanding.  There's actually a *really* cool blog post by Kazerad about it, which is educational while helping explain the long delay.
I thought it was cool, anyway.
...There's some lizard cheesecake...
There's also ASOTIL cheesecake ;D

Hello, I would like to file a complaint, because Lighter than Heir went on indefinite hiatus like immediately after you recommended it. ;_;
It's still on hiatus, but there's a more information now!  The author's moving, and promises that LtH will return in November.
I don't know what caused the hiatus, but it's no longer indefinite, so hopefully everything's going to be alright.
She/they

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 09, 2017, 10:58:06 pm »

I want to post a bunch of web-based doujin I enjoyed, but I should probably not do the thing. Instead, have a pretty/cool thing that hasn't popped up in this thread yet!

Daughter of the Lilies:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fairly bog-standard fantasy adventure comic with solid action, neat worldbuilding, great art, and also takes plenty of time time to develop characters and their relationships with eachother. One of the most unexpected and cool things that sets it apart for me is how it deals with these themes of Christian spirituality (not the religion or it's practices, but it's essence in a holistic and non-dogmatic sense), and does some really cool things with it. Deals with themes of depression and past trauma and other heavy biz from time to time, but it also deals in compassion and forgiveness, breaking cycles of violence, and all that good biz too. Worth a read if any of those appeal.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 10, 2017, 01:06:45 am »

Ergh. Fine! I have been putting this off for too long. Commence social death...
Dragon Mango
A silly combination of R.P.G. clichés, fantasy adventures, puns, morbidly tragic implications, parody, people/monster interactions and politics, running gags, personal struggles, and slapstick. I found it enjoyable but I didn't think too hard.
Active but updates very slowly.

Headless Bliss
A story about people who aren't quite people, in a place that isn't quite a place, doing things that aren't quite things... I want to compare it to Kill Six Billion Demons and think that there might be some overlap in interest but can't really pin down any good comparisons to make and they are certainly very different. It is much more of a conventional "small band goes forth" sort of theme...

The Last Halloween
A cute horrific end-of-the-world tale. I want to call it a cross between Resident Evil and Fraggle Rock, but I don't really know much about either of those. I suspect that it relies somewhat upon disbelief/acceptance humour which could be frustrating for some but I could be overthinking that too.

The Forgotten Order
May be a touch heavy-handed. Could be a bit vague. Potentially took a prodigiously long time to get anywhere. I like the characters, but have literally no standards, so... Probably worth a look if you have time on your hands and like medieval fantasy settings that are light on the fireworks.

Runewriters
A mixed band of people trying to overcome various problems with magic. I regard it as classy, but again, literally no standards, so that is like a fish talking about humidity. Good if you like someone trying to avoid the issue of their hands becoming tentacles.

Darken
Evil people doing Evil things, but fairly light on the edgelord as far as such things go.
Completed.

I will drop a link to a couple of webcomic "collectives" that maintain some basic levels of quality control and are thus probably worth a browse if one is looking for something new.
Spiderforest Seems more focused on fantasy.
Hiveworks

And finally a link to Zero Effort, which really clicked with me for some reason, but seems to have perished. Just one of those things that I don't want to forget... It has people cats.

Meh, let's throw in Stray Sod too... A girl tries to tolerate the fair folk.
Read the First Post!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #389 on: October 10, 2017, 01:30:05 am »

I will second Darken as being good. I should re-read that sometime, I last read it years ago, but I remember I enjoyed it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40