Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: A New Genesis - First Creations  (Read 8242 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
A New Genesis - First Creations
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:57:46 pm »

A New Genesis

You’re a god. Questions like how you got here or what here is don’t really make sense. Although you are omnipotent, you have perhaps the most difficult time understanding your origin of all existing life forms. But you don’t know that yet, because there aren’t any others yet. You should work on that. And making something for them to live on. Actually, for being a god with nothing else existent to give you commands, you suddenly realize you have a lot on your plate, or you will as soon as you invent plates… You know what, this inner monologue could go on a long time, but so long as you’re in an empty void it will continue to reference things which don’t exist, and that’s no fun for anyone. So go make something!

Spoiler: Deity Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stages (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:45:19 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: A New Genesis - Accepting Characters (0/5) - Starts 3/30
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 05:12:35 pm »

Deity’s Name: MidorEsmul Bocash Nil ((Powerfull and Ruthless Hammer in DF dwarven. I just combined the words for Power and Full for the first part of the name.))
Deity’s Character: Prefers battle, drink and delivering justice to the evil.
Incarnation: A small bearded humanoid in full plate armed with a two handed hammer.
Goals: For the dwarven civilization to flourish.
First Actions: Create a planet with a large system of underground caves and tunnels.
I'l add more to the charactre tommorow.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:33:21 pm »

((Note: Because we are starting in Stage I, you can post two "First Actions," but you probably want one to be making a planet of rock and the second to be making tunnels.))
My Area

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:49:55 am »

Deity’s Name: Dave
Deity’s Character: Kind of a hyper active doofus.
Incarnation: A purple energy cloud thing.
Goals: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
First Actions: Make a giant space diamond riding a giant space dolphin. Put energy beings on it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:51:42 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 02:32:45 pm »

Oh snap, In. Lemme make a sheet.
...going to make some sort of formerly mortal-from-another-universe ascended being of loyalty and fidelity.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:48:58 pm by Powder Miner »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 03:04:43 pm »

Deity’s Name: Password
Deity’s Character: Obsessed with riddles and puzzles
Incarnation: A minotaur in a green bowler hat
Goals: To create someone/something that can make a puzzle he cannot solve, and solve the puzzles he himself cannot
First Actions: Forge a enormous twisting mass of corridors and dead ends in the shape of a cube. Animate cube to constantly shift the positions of all corridors and such within it, both in space and time.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 05:31:41 pm »

Deity’s Name: Luminis Diem (Latin For "Light Day")
Deity’s Character: Always joyous in the day, but when night comes, is incredibly destructive and hateful of everything. He enjoys melting ice, and accidentally blinding people that look directly at his sun.
Incarnation: A bright Phoenix, usually making a dramatic entrance from the sky- more specifically, the sun.
Goals: Wants to create day eternally, but doesn't want an incredibly peaceful planet- wants his people to fight for survival, and prosper because of it.
First Actions: Create a large chunk of dirt and rock in space. Action 2: Create massive caverns under the surface of the world, and tunnels dotted all over the landscape. Make one tunnel go all the way from one side to the other, but not directly through the center- rather, 2 miles under the surface until it reaches either end, in which it surfaces.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 10:22:39 pm »

Deity’s Name: FIDeM

Deity’s Character: Fiercely loyal, hates betrayal above all else. Expects those he presides over to also adhere to these ideals, and will outright have traitors executed. Seems to take exceptional joy in honest marriages.

Has a feeling that he had something... before (whatever before constitutes is very unclear to him), but can't even dredge up -anything- so maybe it didn't happen? FIDeM is unsure.

Incarnation: Some sort of golem. Made of metal, in various segmented pieces, with balls for the knees and elbows. The face is rather alien looking, with a thin arch across the top of the forehead providing sight and little else there on the face. The pieces of the body are very strongly linked together.

Goals: To create bonds of loyalty between the peoples of the world, and to ensure they stay loyal. To keep faithful marriages prosperous.

First Actions: Produce several moderate sized enclosed steel spaces.
Place the contents for a metallic ecosystem inside-- cells are here made of transition metals and not organic compound.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:28:21 am by Powder Miner »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 10:25:12 pm »

Deity’s Name: Alkroth the Defiler
Deity’s Character: Alkroth the Defiler has existed ever since the first man has walked the earth. He was created by the pain and suffering of mortals, his daemon-soul forged in their horror and fears. Alkroth is known by many names, all of which are met with shudders, none said in higher than a whisper. Death follows him, and his cult of followers are of the deadliest and most fanatical kind. He prefers warfare and death.
Incarnation: Alkroth takes many forms, depending on the situation. In times of peace and subversion, he takes the form of a slender, tall man, who whispers corruption into the ears of kings. During war, he becomes a huge, lumbering beast, mutated and distorted by anger. Swift and powerful, and vaguely resembling a bear.
Goals: To sow as much pain and suffering as possible, so that he may reap the rewards.
First Actions: Create a ball of molten lava, roughly 2x the size of earth. Begin cooling the superheated magma, creating great swathes of land and huge fissures in the planet. Name it Kranos.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:28:20 am by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 11:21:33 pm »

First Actions: quick question, are we allowed to be on the same world?
((I had been planning on different worlds, I think this will work better that way))
My Area

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 11:35:25 pm »

Deity’s Name: If one becomes able to know their name they are [REDACTED]. ((The secret is that they have any name you like.))
Deity’s Character: The deity likes to keep followers safe and sound. They would sacrifice themselves to save just one if need be. They how ever HATE HATE HATE HATES molesters and those who hurt the completely innocent (ie. Babies, loyal dogs) for no reason.
Incarnation: This deity appears as a very comforting form to it's followers. The form consistently has white eyes and hair.
Goals: This deity has no solid goals. It instead simply wishes to see what happens. He's kind of bad at the whole 'solid plans' thing.
First Actions: Create N'yshuthol, the plane of eternal torment where the souls of the damned carry the rest of the plains on their back. This plane should fluctuate between hot and cold at random intervals that are impossible to predict for any one but me. Also create the plains of the living (3) and the plains of the saintly, the inquisitors, and the common which decrease in pleasantness but are extremely pleasant either way.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:20:39 am by kj1225 »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 11:54:52 pm »

man i think this guy loves those who hurt the completely innocent

just loves em right

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 09:46:25 am »

Deity’s Name: DINGIR
Deity’s Character: DINGIR is driven by the twin spirits of creation and destruction that dwell within his body, each taking control in turn. His general behavior is thus jittery and fairly bipolar in nature, if fairly predictable once someone knows the general pattern of it. He is very difficult to talk to, mostly because he never talks back. His attitude toward life is markedly ambivalent, and he strongly dislikes things not directly of his making.
Incarnation: DINGIR's manifestation is a darkish green, undefined silhouette of an ellipse with two elongated arms and three glowing golden eyes arranged in a triangular pattern in the center. The shape is swirling gently, and appears very much like a portal into another world.
Goals: to create things of meaning and value and then destroy them, leaving naught but corpses and husks to build the next things upon, repeated ad infinitum.

First Actions:
Creation: create EN, the Conciliatory Aspect of Lordship, using a piece of my divine essence. He shall be my aide and provide regulation of my acts.
Destruction: attempt to rip EN in half to create the Twin Angels of Creation and Destruction, who will each try to sway me.

First Actions: quick question, are we allowed to be on the same world?
((I had been planning on different worlds, I think this will work better that way))

It'd be pretty funny for all the gods to be in the same world, but the alternative works as well, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:25:18 am by Harry Baldman »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 08:01:59 pm »

It'd be pretty funny for all the gods to be in the same world, but the alternative works as well, I guess.

Yeah, watching people try to act in the same sphere is also really funny. But I wanted to see what happened when they were only competing with the one true god, RNG.
My Area

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 05:24:36 am »

Deity’s Name: Perun
Deity’s Character: It is hard for It to get to work, but once It is working, It tends to stay focused and determined for a very long time.
It likes planning in advance, even if the plan itself isn't very sound.
Knowledge is the thing Perun values most above all, and willful ignorance is the only thing It cannot forgive. It likes discovery.
It does not feel loneliness, but requires a sense of purpose.
Incarnation: In Outspace it is Divinity. In Space, it is a cloud of sapphire-coloured gas. For now.
Goals: Get Its creation to know everything.
First Actions: I'm assuming that in the beginning, there is nothing. Not even a universe. If this assumption is wrong, I'll edit the first actions.
  • Action one: Divine: create a universe that is like our reality unless noted through the Biggest Bang.
    This Universe is split in two:
    • Space is the realm of everything that is strictly physical: it is a cube that does not expand, and when you cross the border on one side, you go out the other with the same speed vector (intensity, direction etc).
    • Outspace is the realm of everything that is not strictly physical: this is where the mathematical concept of Triangle lives, for example. It does not have a shape stricto sensu since it is not physical.
    Since every Space thing has at least one Outspace Anchor (Every human is linked to Human-ness, every Triangle is linked to Triangle-ness, every artifact is linked to Divinity etc) and every Outspace thing is the common properties of one or more Space Avatar(s) (Triangle-ness is in every triangle, no matter how misshapen), travel and contact between Space and Outspace is relatively easy.
    FTL travel and information-sharing is impossible through "normal" means. Time travel is impossible through "normal" means. Magic exists and is composed of seven elements:  temperature, time, length, mass, light, substance and electricity (according to the International System of Units). Magic tends to try to follow the conservation of energy: the scale goes from dabbling mages (at least 1 exp, more than 0% of energy spent going towards the desired effect) to legendary+5 mages (max exp, 100% of energy spent going towards the desired effect).
  • Action two: Mundane: Perun's incarnation will use Its unlimited lifespan, relativity and light-speed travel to look for and find a desirable planet.

Hmm, I realise this is an awfully complex first action once written, but It's just "creating the universe". The fact that the rules are different from ours doesn't make it any harder since Perun is building everything from scratch. *puppy eyes* Can I do it? Can I? Can I?

Edit (28/03/2014): Goal should actually be "Shape a world of colonialist space Precursors." That's more interesting.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:46:35 am by Fluoman »
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6