Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Update speed, slow or fast or in between?

Fast, as often as I have time and there is a suggestion.
Medium fast, a cross between ^ and V.
Medium, wait for at least three posts before updating.
Medium slow, a cross between V and ^.
Slow, one update a day.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58

Author Topic: Who Are You? (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 93394 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #765 on: July 24, 2014, 04:04:57 pm »

((Yay, you're back!))
Ask about what Zane knows of Lune. Let him know we mentioned it.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 24, 2014, 04:12:30 pm »

Wait... I don't suppose said pocket dimension is a plane of Infinity or something like that? Because if so, you know somebody who can go there. Well, if we figure out how to trigger it again. There's another guy, too, but it seems to be a touch more random for him. I'd tell you who, but frankly, the chronology is already starting to get a touch confusing. Actually, I think this might be taking place before any of the other things we've experienced, in which case we're probably causing unspeakable amounts of Bootstrap paradoxes. Sorry.
Anyways, I'm out of questions to ask, so I'll leave you with one last word of advice: Watch out for wallcrawlers, future!you says that's what's coming up in your distortion. Also, if possible, get a camera ready, since you're apparently going to be away for a bit setting one up, and I kind of wonder if we can impact the things we've already experienced by preparing you guys ahead of time.

((Yay, you're back!))
What he said.

EDIT:
Actually, could you tell him about how you guys are going to be up against wallcrawlers? Might as well see if he knows about them at all. Ooh, also betentacled beasts and demonic parents. Those are the other distortions we don't really know anything about.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:14:17 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 24, 2014, 04:35:50 pm »

The stealth rig may not do anything about the main threat but in my experience there are always minions/underlings/mooks/whatever.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 27, 2014, 11:12:25 am »

((Yay, you're back!))
Yes, this.

((Also sorry for the sudden random disappearance from the forum, I've been sorting out some emotionbleh for the past week, it's resolved and updates should speed up for everything provided nothing extra gets thrown into the mix.))
((So, how's that working out for you?))
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 17, 2014, 08:13:45 pm »

Look at you being negative.

Listen, the people of China, right? They don't exist. You cannot conceive of them as human beings and you know nothing about them. And now you never will. This is okay, because you never thought about them as people in the first place.

Similarly, whoever is around here is insignificant because you don't know anything about them, either. Neither do we. Their deaths will have no bearing on anything in your personal narrative, or the overarching one, for that matter. They will be a background statistic, mentioned as a way of upping the stakes and then promptly forgotten. Worthless and insignificant, all of them. As is the land. And even the world! There is simply no reason to care.

Let the tranquility descend upon your mind. Question not how I know that Zane is a secret agent of godlike ability (or some variant of this description, if you want to quibble uselessly as you obviously do). Point is, man knows his shit and it is your job as his child or maybe wife surrogate to extol his virtues in comparison to your own abominable weakness. Don't you think the man needs some moral support? Lots of people are going to die and he's going to assume it's at least partially his fault, that he's failed all these people as the great hero he is. Or at least that's how heroic failure is supposed to go. And so you must support him, to help him remain competent and confident in his own abilities. Do you think you're the only one with any sort of needs here?

Also, don't ask any questions of Zane. They will only muddle the matter further, not to mention decrease the impact of the coming reveals. Instead, answer this - where do things that get phased disappear to?

You're insane and psychopathic, I don't feel like giving you further responses to your statements, I can easily enough block you out also~ You're just one weak mind~ ((You shouldn't have been such a douche to Alex~ You have no control over him in the first place and coming across as an insane arsehole isn't a good way to get him to listen. Your actions have consequences in this game, as [REDACTED] ingame, characters Will decide they don't want to listen to you if you are unhelpful or dickish. There are relationship meters with each voice for each character, you just bottomed yours out with Alex. Alex also happens to be one of the few characters in the unique position to hurt you, although he isn't currently aware he can, you probs should avoid annoying him more, it's a latent thing.))

The stealth rig may not do anything about the main threat but in my experience there are always minions/underlings/mooks/whatever.
Good point, hopefully it'll be useful later.

Wait... I don't suppose said pocket dimension is a plane of Infinity or something like that? Because if so, you know somebody who can go there. Well, if we figure out how to trigger it again. There's another guy, too, but it seems to be a touch more random for him. I'd tell you who, but frankly, the chronology is already starting to get a touch confusing. Actually, I think this might be taking place before any of the other things we've experienced, in which case we're probably causing unspeakable amounts of Bootstrap paradoxes. Sorry.
Anyways, I'm out of questions to ask, so I'll leave you with one last word of advice: Watch out for wallcrawlers, future!you says that's what's coming up in your distortion. Also, if possible, get a camera ready, since you're apparently going to be away for a bit setting one up, and I kind of wonder if we can impact the things we've already experienced by preparing you guys ahead of time.

((Yay, you're back!))
What he said.

EDIT:
Actually, could you tell him about how you guys are going to be up against wallcrawlers? Might as well see if he knows about them at all. Ooh, also betentacled beasts and demonic parents. Those are the other distortions we don't really know anything about.
No, the Phase literally makes a pocket dimension, doesn't tap into the infinite planes, those aren't particularly stable and sending things there often is a bad idea. And thanks for the bootstraps~ They may or may not be useful.

((There are sooo many alternate timelines going on in this that this will get confusing fast if you don't keep track of it. Currently this is chronologically before everything else experienced. There will be a divergent timeline in this universe next update creating timelines A and B for Universe A (This is Universe A currently, there are several universes and several planes of existence.), so far you have only observed things from Timeline A Universe A and from The Plane of Infinity, we may or may not be hopping over to timeline B Universe A or Timeline A Universe A or possibly Universe B depending on which character you guys select next update, I will draw up a chronology for you guys at some point so you can have a vague idea of what is even going on when we start getting into the really confusing bits. Time shenanigans are a big feature in this~ Have fun sorting them out~ Having them prepare ahead of time may or may not result in timeline deviation as some timelines require preparation suggested by the players and some timelines require no input in those areas.))

"Zane? The voices are asking if you know anything about someone named "Lune.""
"Lune is a deity, not currently a particularly powerful one but he does have an abnormal number of powerful followers and servants, as well as a Transcendent, which allows him a lot more leeway in the physical plane of this universe then many more powerful deities have.
"They also are talking about something along the lines of wallcrawlers and betentacled monsters."
"We both know that could be literally anything. I do wonder what though."

The road gets more gravelly and less roady.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 17, 2014, 08:27:33 pm »

Play some music.
See below because I'm too lazy to simply edit this post.

Oh wait...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:42:49 pm by Worldmaster27 »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 17, 2014, 08:36:57 pm »

((There are sooo many alternate timelines going on in this that this will get confusing fast if you don't keep track of it. Currently this is chronologically before everything else experienced. There will be a divergent timeline in this universe next update creating timelines A and B for Universe A (This is Universe A currently, there are several universes and several planes of existence.), so far you have only observed things from Timeline A Universe A and from The Plane of Infinity, we may or may not be hopping over to timeline B Universe A or Timeline A Universe A or possibly Universe B depending on which character you guys select next update, I will draw up a chronology for you guys at some point so you can have a vague idea of what is even going on when we start getting into the really confusing bits. Time shenanigans are a big feature in this~ Have fun sorting them out~ Having them prepare ahead of time may or may not result in timeline deviation as some timelines require preparation suggested by the players and some timelines require no input in those areas.))
((I have a full set of colored pencils, a bunch of printer paper, and waaay too much free time. Bring it.))

I, for one, am out of questions to ask. So...Enjoy the ride, I suppose.

Do try to stay safe, though. We haven't seen any evidence to support it, but I get the feeling that you'll be particularly important in what's to come, since you can directly speak with us, for better or for worse. For most of the others, we appear to basically force them to do things, within reason, rather than hearing us as voices.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 17, 2014, 08:42:20 pm »

Ooh, ooh! Play O Fortuna when you feel like the crap's about to hit the fan!

And stay safe, that too.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 17, 2014, 08:50:20 pm »

((By the way, guys, I'm going to be working on a timeline of events so far tomorrow, using the chat thing I forgot the name of and can't be bothered to look up in order to figure out a general chronology. It would be nice if they had dates as well as times, but sadly, that is not the case.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 17, 2014, 08:53:06 pm »

((The date is ambiguous for reasons~ Multiple timelines mean events start at different dates per timeline. The date for Timeline A will be clarified as soon as you peoples as Eric decide to look at Kira's present to Eric. That thing is sorta really darned important and you peoples should have done that a while ago~))

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 17, 2014, 08:55:58 pm »

((The hammerhead chat program, IIRC.))
((Good luck with that too))

((Eric's the best one right? With Richard?))
((Also why did you expect us to do something important? We'd be finished with the stealth suit and inside a random government facility right now if it were for you railroading us with Zane! :P))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 17, 2014, 08:57:10 pm »

((Eric is the one with the cats~ And Richard~))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 17, 2014, 08:58:11 pm »

Hum along to Oh Fortuna.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 17, 2014, 08:58:35 pm »

((I can just imagine it now.

"Oh noes! My mother's become a demon and is currently bashing her way towards me to presumably horribly, horribly murder me! Better go check my email."))
((The hammerhead chat program, IIRC.))
((Good luck with that too))

((Eric's the best one right? With Richard?))
((Also why did you expect us to do something important? We'd be finished with the stealth suit and inside a random government facility right now if it were for you railroading us with Zane! :P))
((Thank you on both accounts, and Eric was in fact the one with Richard, though I could have sworn it was Erik. Eh, whatever, I'll probably just keep calling him CaHa.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 17, 2014, 09:02:33 pm »

((Kira's gift was a drawing in a mailed cylindrical package~))
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58