Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41187 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Boarding Action
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2014, 12:56:20 pm »

((There is sound, as the ship is pressurized.))
((I got it. This is pretty important, thanks.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2014, 01:02:36 pm »

-Guys, I'm starting to have second thoughts about this. There are three of us and six of them, and they're better armed. We need to either manufacture more bodies, think of something clever, or resort to some old-fashioned laser welding courtesy of our on-board laser batteries. What do you think?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 26, 2014, 01:12:32 pm »

-Guys, I'm starting to have second thoughts about this. There are three of us and six of them, and they're better armed. We need to either manufacture more bodies, think of something clever, or resort to some old-fashioned laser welding courtesy of our on-board laser batteries. What do you think?

- Have you considered the WTF factor? AND that we are faster than them? Anyway, thanks for reporting their numbers. Hey, since you possess computer there, let it calculate our chances.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2014, 01:17:53 pm »

Scanning Assets...
Factoring Deployment...
Running Combat Simulation...
Done!

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
(Enemy)
6 casualties
(Friendly)
10% chance of 2 casualties
20% chance of 1 casualty
70% chance of no casualties

Suggested Action: Use 'Froggy Engineer Body' instance to incapacitate hostiles on bridge.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2014, 01:21:25 pm »

- See? Isn't that pretty? We have them anyway. Dave? You heard the thing? You're our main assault force.
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 26, 2014, 01:24:07 pm »

Shut down the pirates' video feed, then proceed as stated before.

-I'd like to get this done with minimum hassle. I prefer winning to losing, you see.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 26, 2014, 01:30:05 pm »

- Okey-dokey. Let's do this.

Do as it was described. Be wary for hostiles when up there, by the way.
Sigs

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #427 on: May 26, 2014, 02:13:29 pm »

Einstein's Cross, Enceladus (Orbit)
Friday, Feb 6th, 2398
21:08 GMT
Mission Timer: 3d 18h

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 3970
Steel: 58
Circuits: 50
Water: 31999/32000 tons (DeltaV: 4220.238 km/s)

Total Ship Mass: 31999
Structural Mass: 18000
Cargo Mass: 3970 + 60 + 50 (Max 20000)

Structural Materials: Aluminum, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Polymers, Carbon Fiber

Construction Catalog:
Engineer Body - 50 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Steel
Froggy Engineer Body (Advanced heavy crowd control unit. Moves on magnetic treads and has reinforced structure/limbs. Equipped with mining laser and dual high-intensity speakers.) - 80 Voxels, 15 Circuits, 10 Steel
Mining Drone (Can be tasked to Mining Rig for increased production. Can also explore caves.) - 80 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Structural Materials, 2 Steel
Mining Rig (Automated. Can be left on a planet.) - 80 Voxels, 35 Circuits, 50 Structural Materials, 15 Steel

Cloud Catalog: Type (% produced) - Cost
Standard Nanite (100%) - 100 Voxels, 10 Circuits

Cloud Storage: (Max 3000%)
(in use)
-100% Standard Nanites
(extra)
-100% Standard Nanites

Body Storage: (Max 12)
(in use)
-1x 'Boomer' (Engineer variant)
-3x Engineer
(extra)

Spoiler: Proximity (click to show/hide)

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

Already in a body, and onboard Wasp, you head down from the pilot's cabin and test out your coordination, just to make sure you can still hold a gun.
Inside the enemy ship, you notice a trail of mangled doors and huge sections cut out of walls, the resultant scrap floating through the pressurized cabin and eventually coming to a halt. [2] You miss the weapon locker, [4] but find a small case of grenades, containing four. Each one is marked 'GAS TOXIN G208 - DO NOT TAMPER' but otherwise looks like a regular fragmentation grenade. Perhaps chemical warfare is ideal on a starship since high-velocity shrapnel can pierce the hull and depressurize the ship.

The computer, annoyingly, buzzes into your ear as you investigate the open elevator shaft and find your teammates climbing up.

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION FOUND: Use gas grenades to clear bridge.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

As Copied-Hamilton begins to cycle through the ventilation, tearing the mold growths into tiny shreds through sheer friction, you investigate the nanite storage and find that you can call a Cloud to your current position. The nanites travel through the ventilation, just like Hamilton does, and begin to transfer to your suit.

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

Using the cables on the wall (+1 to stability) you [6+1] fling yourself upward at high speed! About to slam into the bottom of the elevator at the top, you [2+1/7 = ~3] salvage the situation by making some mid-air manuvers, positioning yourself such that you can absorb the shock without slamming into the elevator. Your magnetic boots clap onto the elevator, but you are otherwise in a stable position.

You hear hostiles moving closer to the elevator shaft. Judging from the number of footsteps, only two are coming.

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

[4] You right yourself and begin to move slowly up the shaft. About two meters away from the highest point you can reach before the bottom of the elevator, you hear some hostiles approaching the elevator in response to the noises.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:18:22 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 26, 2014, 02:19:23 pm »

Leeeeroooooooooy Jeeenkiiiiiiiins!

Jump towards the steps sounds! Get pistol and knife ready for sudden close-quaters action! Vivat zero-G fighting!
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 26, 2014, 02:49:31 pm »

Activate my magnetic soles and walk up the elevator shaft's wall. Check if the grenades have configurable delay.

((I also wanted to shut down the monitors on the bridge with my previous action, so the pirates cannot see us, but we can see them. Divide, did you take this into account?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 26, 2014, 02:50:49 pm »

Activate my magnetic soles and walk up the elevator shaft's wall. Check if the grenades have configurable delay.

((I also wanted to shut down the monitors on the bridge with my previous action, so the pirates cannot see us, but we can see them. Divide, did you take this into account?))

((You were merely hacking their wireless camera signals. You weren't sending anything back.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:29 pm »

((You were merely hacking their wireless camera signals. You weren't sending anything back.))
((Ah, yes. I assumed I had control of their cameras, so I wanted to shut them down to mess with them. Never mind.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 26, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »

Wait for them to be directly above me and then LAZOR them to death while playing high power low frequency sounds to further disorient them.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 26, 2014, 06:06:59 pm »

Other-Hamilton, how is that fungus coming? Also, computer, check if we can leave Saturn's orbit.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 26, 2014, 08:57:54 pm »

Other-Hamilton, how is that fungus coming? Also, computer, check if we can leave Saturn's orbit.

"It's almost done.
But we can definitely leave orbit. It's the first few few hundred kilometers that's the issue. But you wanted to mine the planet itself?"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43