Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41180 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Boarding Action
« Reply #435 on: May 27, 2014, 01:13:53 pm »

"It's almost done.
But we can definitely leave orbit. It's the first few few hundred kilometers that's the issue. But you wanted to mine the planet itself?"

"It's a question for the entire team, but we need to get a hold of resources and money somehow."
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 27, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »

"It's almost done.
But we can definitely leave orbit. It's the first few few hundred kilometers that's the issue. But you wanted to mine the planet itself?"

"It's a question for the entire team, but we need to get a hold of resources and money somehow."

"Fair enough. I think that we need some information as to how we are actually going to collect it before we toss ourselves into the atmosphere. I'd even go so far as to suggest building a second craft from scratch to use for the job, as it's just too dangerous to do it with our fragile little ship.

I don't have authority to use the comms... but I think it would be best if we ask passing vessels what they are carrying to see if anyone else is mining He3."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 30, 2014, 09:09:15 pm »

((Samarkland, do you have an action or shall I simply roll?))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 31, 2014, 11:32:27 am »

((Woops, forgot I hadn't posted an action this round.))

Use my nanites to help kill the fungus
My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Introduction
« Reply #439 on: June 01, 2014, 02:03:34 am »

Einstein's Cross, Enceladus (Orbit)
Friday, Feb 6th, 2398
21:30 GMT
Mission Timer: 3d 18.15h

DATABANK

Current Inventory:
Voxels: 3970
Steel: 58
Circuits: 50
Water: 31999/32000 tons (DeltaV: 4220.238 km/s)

Total Ship Mass: 31999
Structural Mass: 18000
Cargo Mass: 3970 + 60 + 50 (Max 20000)

Structural Materials: Aluminum, Steel, Titanium Alloy, Polymers, Carbon Fiber

Construction Catalog:
Engineer Body - 50 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Steel
Froggy Engineer Body (Advanced heavy crowd control unit. Moves on magnetic treads and has reinforced structure/limbs. Equipped with mining laser and dual high-intensity speakers.) - 80 Voxels, 15 Circuits, 10 Steel
Mining Drone (Can be tasked to Mining Rig for increased production. Can also explore caves.) - 80 Voxels, 5 Circuits, 10 Structural Materials, 2 Steel
Mining Rig (Automated. Can be left on a planet.) - 80 Voxels, 35 Circuits, 50 Structural Materials, 15 Steel

Cloud Catalog: Type (% produced) - Cost
Standard Nanite (100%) - 100 Voxels, 10 Circuits

Cloud Storage: (Max 3000%)
(in use)
-100% Standard Nanites
(extra)
-100% Standard Nanites

Body Storage: (Max 12)
(in use)
-1x 'Boomer' (Engineer variant)
-3x Engineer
(extra)

Spoiler: Proximity (click to show/hide)

Avis-Mergulus AKA Anton "Tosha" Teremnoi
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cloud Status (click to show/hide)

[2] The grenades are fixed-time only. In fact, you aren't even sure how long the fuse is, as it doesn't say at all on the sides.

[5] You sneak quietly up the elevator shaft, exercising perfect control over your magnetic soles! The pirates don't know you're there!

Skill enhanced: Acrobat -> Light as a Feather

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION FOUND: Use gas grenades to clear bridge.

Samarkand AKA Felicia Hasting

[4] You assist Hamilton's Copy in ventilation shaft cleaning, (5) although he seems to be quite thorough without your help. You clean otu the last spots using the same friction method, using the nanites as tiny razor blades to rub against the much-softer mold and fungus that populates the crevices of the ship. With time, the food source is eliminated and your cloud deposits the waste material into a bin for recycling. All of those insect bodies should make good fertilizer for the next batch of plants...

[Luck: 5] The plant removal process finishes, having sterilized the room and prepared it for the next batch of seedlings. The dispensers are doing their work, placing the seeds in their bracing in an orderly fashion.

Comrade P. AKA Hamilton Teromo

[6] While the elevator is (obviously) in the way, you find that there is a sizeable gap between the elevator and the edge of the shaft. [5+1] The two incoming characters do not look over the edge, for fear that you are armed, and this turns out to be their downfall.

You leap at the opening and swing your knife in such a way as to snag onto a foot or a leg. You feel the blade sinking into leather and tangling itself within the layers of what are most likely a magnetic boot. In an unbelievably fast movement, you reach out and grab the man with one arm, bracing the other against the elevator and using it to push yourself back into the shaft, taking the gunman with you and placing your knife at his neck.

Level up: Ambusher!

The Froggy Ninja AKA David "Dave" Steel

Since Hamilton is right in the way and he is controlling significantly less durable hardware than your own, you neglect to fire off your speakers [3] and instead use your mining laser to blast the prisoner's hand gripping his rifle. The beam melts flesh even better than metal, and instantly cripples his arm while he releases the gun. The weapon floats toward you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 01, 2014, 03:39:42 am »

((Who's got the greatest rolls? I do!))

Slice his neck, let him fall float dead. Put my palm in his blood, draw a short thick straight line on my engineer body's shoulder blade. Proceed to the bridge being wary of incoming hostiles.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 03:41:28 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 01, 2014, 06:20:55 am »

-Finish those two, I'm moving on!

Rush to the bridge with my newfound ninja powers. Keep a grenade in hand, chuck it in front of me when I approach the bridge.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 01, 2014, 07:46:28 am »

Guy I have a really terrible plan but you can't stop me. Get any hostages to the airlock ASAP. David out.
Take my hostage to the wasp and restrain him. Then, I cut open holes in the ship six minuets after I send that message.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 01, 2014, 09:47:56 am »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2014, 11:01:51 am »

*while rushing through the corridors*
- Hoooooostages. Y'now an old proverb: no man - no problem. It works with plural forms, too.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 01, 2014, 01:01:08 pm »

Felicia asks over the comm "I hope boarding is going well, I'm doing some maintenance on our hydroponics system. I've been in conversation with Other-Hamilton and he has been asking if we intend to mine 3He from this moon. What are your thoughts? If we want to do so now might be a good time to start the production of a mining rig and drone."
My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 01, 2014, 07:38:32 pm »

((Who's got the greatest rolls? I do!))

Slice his neck, let him fall float dead. Put my palm in his blood, draw a short thick straight line on my engineer body's shoulder blade. Proceed to the bridge being wary of incoming hostiles.
Guy I have a really terrible plan but you can't stop me. Get any hostages to the airlock ASAP. David out.
Take my hostage to the wasp and restrain him. Then, I cut open holes in the ship six minuets after I send that message.

((These two are wildly incompatible. One character is still at the top of the elevator shaft, while the other is inside it (and going to be killed by Comrade P's character). If Froggy Ninja wants a hostage, he will have to catch the other one. I'm not even sure Dave's current body can fit through the gap between the elevator and the wall.))

Felicia asks over the comm "I hope boarding is going well, I'm doing some maintenance on our hydroponics system. I've been in conversation with Other-Hamilton and he has been asking if we intend to mine 3He from this moon. What are your thoughts? If we want to do so now might be a good time to start the production of a mining rig and drone."

Copied-Hamilton interjects.
"Whaat? You said planet. I was under the impression that you were seriously considering entering Saturn's atmosphere to collect helium! The doctor gave quite a vivid description of what happens to a ship like this in an atmosphere... it would result in all of us dying, of course. But, you know, I was supposed to be a soldier, not a sentient cloud of nanobots living on a ship in the outer solar system... I assume you are more well-versed in the subject than I am.

If you're talking about the moon, I don't know if you could find helium on the surface. The computer tells me the moon is mostly ice and rock... not even an atmosphere."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:46:21 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43