Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43

Author Topic: The Cloud - One Small Step...  (Read 41205 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cloud - Boarding Action
« Reply #405 on: May 25, 2014, 01:41:31 pm »

Use the cables as leverage to get my treads back on the wall. Then, use my laser on a much weaker setting to weaken the wires at the base and then rip them out.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 25, 2014, 03:51:07 pm »

"Hamilton! Or, other Hamilton... You'll have to help me figure out what exactly it is I should call you. Regardless, I do believe you can help me. You see, there are fungi in these vents, and they are supporting the growth of insects. These insects are a plague on our hydroponics system. I can't clean up the fungi with chemicals without risking a lot of the ship. You, on the other hand, can kill the mold rather easily. Perhaps small lasers, or the like. Just make sure you get every spore, otherwise we'll be doing this all over again in a week."

((Am I right in assuming that this AI cloud will be something we can use as an assistant at times?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 25, 2014, 05:18:59 pm »

"Hamilton! Or, other Hamilton... You'll have to help me figure out what exactly it is I should call you. Regardless, I do believe you can help me. You see, there are fungi in these vents, and they are supporting the growth of insects. These insects are a plague on our hydroponics system. I can't clean up the fungi with chemicals without risking a lot of the ship. You, on the other hand, can kill the mold rather easily. Perhaps small lasers, or the like. Just make sure you get every spore, otherwise we'll be doing this all over again in a week."

((Am I right in assuming that this AI cloud will be something we can use as an assistant at times?))

((He is a character as any other.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 25, 2014, 09:41:55 pm »

((He is a character as any other.))
((Well then I'd love to converse with him!))

While toalking to Hamilton gain control over some of the nanites he produced
My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 25, 2014, 10:19:01 pm »

"I should be able to kill it off with just friction. Lasers would be..."
His voice trails off. You hear the crackle of arcs jumping between nodes inside his cloud.
"A bit overkill. A laser is very inefficient, after all, and generates a lot of waste heat.
How's the boarding going? Are you doing both tasks at once?"

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2014, 12:53:05 am »

"I should be able to kill it off with just friction. Lasers would be..."
His voice trails off. You hear the crackle of arcs jumping between nodes inside his cloud.
"A bit overkill. A laser is very inefficient, after all, and generates a lot of waste heat.
How's the boarding going? Are you doing both tasks at once?"

"That's a fair point with the lasers, and your way does sound better. I had every intention of remaining on the ship and allowing the other three to take the other ship hostage. There's a lot to be done here, I would think, and little to be done there. They can handle it. When we approach the planet I will, of course, be with the landing crew."
My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 26, 2014, 01:06:14 am »

"Planet?"
He seems distressed.
"You're going to mine helium-3? The ship doesn't run on fusion!

...or do you intent to sell it off to someone? I don't know, I'm supposed to be a soldier. I have no idea what kind of markets have sprung up out here. But I learned a bit after reading through the ship's logs and data."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 26, 2014, 02:32:17 am »

Hamilton tries to hold the knife with his teeth, like he used to do to free one hand for climbing, but it turns out there is no teeth he possesses any longer.
"Dammit"
((I presume those bodies have some kind of external storage instruments, so I put my weaponry somewhere I can quickly retrieve it from in case I need it, okay?))

After getting his hands free, Hamilton comes closer to the wall of the shaft which is opposite to the one where Dave stuck. Then he starts climbing up using the wires along the wall.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2014, 02:54:26 am »

Hamilton tries to hold the knife with his teeth, like he used to do to free one hand for climbing, but it turns out there is no teeth he possesses any longer.
"Dammit"
((I presume those bodies have some kind of external storage instruments, so I put my weaponry somewhere I can quickly retrieve it from in case I need it, okay?))

After getting his hands free, Hamilton comes closer to the wall of the shaft which is opposite to the one where Dave stuck. Then he starts climbing up using the wires along the wall.

((Yes, you have storage compartments a la robocop.

However, your arm was not tangled.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 26, 2014, 04:02:10 am »

((However, your arm was not tangled.))

((I got it. I mean I need my arm to be free of holding knife or pistol in order to hold cables along the wall for climbing purposes.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 26, 2014, 09:13:37 am »

"Planet?"
He seems distressed.
"You're going to mine helium-3? The ship doesn't run on fusion!

...or do you intent to sell it off to someone? I don't know, I'm supposed to be a soldier. I have no idea what kind of markets have sprung up out here. But I learned a bit after reading through the ship's logs and data."

"3He is a possibility, but there are other, less dangerous, things which we can also find. Water, for example. Out here in space, with many colonies being built for mining rather than terraforming, water is a big trade resource. There's also some iron and silicon, which can be really useful for construction on our own ship."
My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2014, 12:11:41 pm »

((I got it. I mean I need my arm to be free of holding knife or pistol in order to hold cables along the wall for climbing purposes.))

((You have magnetic boots, and this is zero gravity :D))

"3He is a possibility, but there are other, less dangerous, things which we can also find. Water, for example. Out here in space, with many colonies being built for mining rather than terraforming, water is a big trade resource. There's also some iron and silicon, which can be really useful for construction on our own ship."

"Have you run it through the computer yet to see if we'd still have enough deltaV left to leave Saturn's atmosphere?"
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:13:40 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2014, 12:48:27 pm »

((You have magnetic boots, and this is zero gravity :D))

((And yet I decided to climb using cables in order to ascend smoothly and a bit more silent than metal clinging of magnetic boots. [sheldoncooperstyle]I suppose it is not climbing in the classic meaning, more like manual acсeleration via pushing the immobile object in order to change my own coordinates in surronding space.[/sheldoncooperstyle]. OR there is no sound in zero gravity? Aaaah, I'll do the thing anyway.))
Sigs

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2014, 12:51:26 pm »

((And yet I decided to climb using cables in order to ascend smoothly and a bit more silent than metal clinging of magnetic boots. [sheldoncooperstyle]I suppose it is not climbing in the classic meaning, more like manual acсeleration via pushing the immobile object in order to change my own coordinates in surronding space.[/sheldoncooperstyle]. OR there is no sound in zero gravity? Aaaah, I'll do the thing anyway.))
((I was just reminding you in case you forgot. Carry on.

There is sound, as the ship is pressurized.))

Waiting on word from Captain Teremnoi

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2014, 12:54:06 pm »

If Anton had any usable hands, he'd rub them together in grim satisfaction.

-Guys, I think we're being bullshat...bullshitted...whatever. I have gained access to their video feed. Those guys are probably just pirates, so feel free to...deal with them; I'll join you shortly. There are six armed hostiles on the bridge, by the way.

Share the video feed with Dave and Hamilton; then possess a body and join in the boarding.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43