Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26140 times)

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: a WW3 simulator (or not)
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2014, 08:58:57 pm »

So, how long are turns going to last?
England
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2014, 09:26:09 pm »

New Zealand's turn:

Foreign Affairs:
Discuss the annexation of Tasmania with Australia.
- "Tasmanians aren't really Australians" being the main argument

Internal Affairs
Begin a media blitz to announce our support for our trans-Tasman cousins and their right to self-governance.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2014, 02:46:11 am »

The Vatican
color i will take Imperial purple since i don't have one yet(not that i have any land)
Foreign Policy
(im not sure whats going on with the Swiss) but if they did try and kidnap me (i presume the Swiss guard sided with the pope over some Swiss bureaucrat) I cal on all true Catholics to defend the holy church from the Swiss menace. if they didn't try to kidnap me i guess i don't retaliate

I start a large campaign with meetings with leaders and people particularly poor people with the end goal off creating some form of Catholic commonwealth and doing genual Popely duties with poor people

Internal afairs
Enlarge the swiss guard and reinstate the other papal military forces

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2014, 02:53:47 am »

Australia

Minister for skullfucking the hell out of those filthy New Zealanders (MFSTHOOTFNZ)

Foreign Affairs
-Say while Tasmanians may all be inbred, they're still better than you sheep-screwers.
-Offer the Swiss Empire our finest NZder skull totems, minerals and ug boots for the chocolate.
Interdimensional nonsense: summon the avatar of kaine!
Internal Affairs
-Blitz the Media with stories that NZders are sheep fuckers, who are trying to steal the inbred heritage of Tasmania.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:10:18 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2014, 02:58:21 am »

I would like to take the United Mexican States, mostly known as Mexico.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2014, 04:09:37 am »

Australia

Minister for skullfucking the hell out of those filthy New Zealanders (MFSTHOOTFNZ)

Foreign Affairs
-Say while Tasmanians may all be inbred, they're still better than you sheep-screwers.
-Offer the Swiss Empire our finest NZder skull totems, minerals and ug boots for the chocolate.
Interdimensional nonsense: summon the avatar of kaine!
Internal Affairs
-Blitz the Media with stories that NZders are sheep fuckers, who are trying to steal the inbred heritage of Tasmania.
Glorious.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2014, 06:09:26 am »

A few precisions: A) I totally reserve the right to miss some of your orders if they're not all conveniently packed into a single post per player. B) While I consider that as GM I'm the Alpha and Omega of this world, feel free to criticize my decisions. I reserve the right to not listen to you however.  C) Turns will be either 48 hours long, or until everyone post an action. Countries that post no actions will have no actions done at all. So yeah, if someone invade you, you might want to post a turn.

Also, normally you should be fine just reading your part (although there is interesting stuff in other sections). Bold stuff however is stuff that require actions from another government, so look out for bold segments.

ICBM Pilot: I'll need a color. I mean, the sign up sheet is basically two lines, country and color. You can do it!

Turn 2
1st of April 2014

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crisis List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (HUGE!) (click to show/hide)

Canada

You sign an open border treaty with the US to complement NAFTA and the visa deal you already have. Citizens of both countries can now travel, work and live on both side of the borders. A lot of American start immigrating to get better healthcare.

You order the Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) to start working on weaponizing pepper spray. You get a memo stating that this would break the Chemical Weapon Convention, but thankfully nothing is leaked. In a month, your scientists come up with various ideas, from crop-dusters to adapting old Cold War era chemical weapons warhead. Another project work on increasing the time OC gas stays airborne and should be ready for next month.

You try to encourage Economic Growth, but words don't seems to be okay. Various advisers come with different ideas, from lowering taxes to infrastructure spending or increasing oil export capabilities.

China

The presidents of SCO countries save Russia come back to you offering to sign a declaration whereas all countries pledge to help defend each others in case of an unprovoked foreign intervention. While not legally binding, it would be a very strong message indeed.

A mix of interest rates hike and new zoning laws is put into place. This prove wildly unpopular with real-estate tycoons and local party officials (who benefits from selling public land to the developers), but the beefed-up Central Commission for Discipline Inspection conveniently finds evidence that the more vocals of your opponents all are corrupt.

However, in several boom town, residents who cannot move because of the hukou system start complaining about the lack of available housing.

Germany

You recall you ambassador in Russia and ramp up the military alert level. However, despite the distraction of the diplomatic situation, the population doesn't like your ditching of the deal with the SPD or the widespread economic change. Protests erupts in every large cities, while a large encampment establish itself in front of the Brandenburg Tor. Civil disobedience also prevent you from implementing most of your policies, although you do manage to increase the command capabilities of the Bundeswehr.

Belgium, the Netherlands, the Czech republic and Austria all points at the EU and wonder why you want a new organization. Latvia do agree to join the Confederation of Nations.

Russia

You manage to convince Lukashenka to let you route troops through his country and you start invading the country. Despite fierce resistance by the Ukrainian Army, they are quickly overwhelmed and the government in Kiev soon flee West, trying to find political asylum somewhere. Meanwhile, all over Ukraine (although concentrated in the West) units of Partisan under the UPA flag are assembling and harassing your troops. In the Crimea, you get news of Syrian and Chechen jihadis coming to help their Tatars brethren.

Back home however everything go according to plans and the small anti-war protests are swamped by the massive pro-war patriotic marches. And you didn't even have to pay for all the marchers!

Latvia

You assemble a list. It's not perfect (lots of cases of mixed ancestry for example), but it should be good enough.

You also declare your support for the Ukrainian partisans. They're thankful, but would prefer guns.

UK

You boost up military spending a bit. Given the increasing global tensions, the people seems mostly accepting of it.

DPRK

South Korea and Japan both are frightened by your declaration and calls on the US for help. They also threaten to cut off all humanitarian aid if you don't stop.

Poland

You contact the Lithuanian government, but they point out that NATO and the EU already unites both your countries. Your troops move to the Ukrainian border and watch as the Russian Army sweep the Ukrainian aside.

Given the situation, your massive increase in spending only trigger few protests, your army is steadily growing.

Luxembourg

You offer Jean-Claude Van Damme a post a spokesman for your government. The world is puzzled.

But he seems pleased with the offer.

US

You agree to an open border policy with Canada. A lot of Americans emigrate north for the better health care. Japan and South Korea request your help to stop the DPRK from producing nukes, and you use the excuse of needing more troops in the Pacific regions to send a large Navy contingent with several troops transport sailing toward Australia.

France

As in many other countries, you have massive protests, but yours seems to focus on the publication of a children book rather than your policies, which leave you a bit puzzled. You increase spending and pass several regulations, causing the MEDEF to whine and the European Commissions to worry about budget deficit, but it should be fine for now.

Iran

Your change in internal rhetoric seems to please the more hardliner, although ordinary Iranian would prefer bread to words. You increase your spending on Cyber Warfare and Defense, and implement new safety guidelines for all computers. Among other thing, you reorganize the network so that all the critical computer are either networked to nothing or to an internal Iranian Intranet, that can easily be separated into parts to prevent viruses from spreading.

India

Qatar is glad for any protection it can get. You try to stockpile oil and gas, but you're lacking in production capabilities for both, and trying to buy more may trigger a currency crisis. You do launch a countrywide initiative to build more power plants, but it'll take year before they come online.

You start expanding the Indian navy.

Denmark

Your fellow Nordic nations refuses and try to convince you to stay in the EU. The last thing the EU need now is internal instability. Even Norway who is not a member threaten an embargo if you leave.

Massive protests erupt at the though of so much cash being spent on a religion no one practice. The building site is soon occupied by a protester encampment. Works begin on the port facility, but the protests slow down the works massively.

Australia

Both nations are interested, but would like to know more about the specifics. They also complain about the increased taxes on coal, who make their energy import more expensive, and would like you to stop being silly about refugees.

Lots of Australian sign up as reservists, and several large thermal solar power plant start construction in the outback. The ongoing campaign against New Zealanders strike many Australians as odd, but after a few weeks it pays: the New Zealand Embassy was vandalized, with people spray-painting "Kiwis go home!" on the facade.

Israel

You manage to buy a few old artifacts from private collectors, but all the nations you approach refuse your offer. You step up the border patrols, soon resulting in several deaths, terrorists according to your general staff, civilians according to Hamas. Several Arabs countries send you Sternly Worded Letters of Disapproval.

Spoiler: Secrety Stuff (click to show/hide)

New Zealand

Your media blitz seems to be slowly working. Your works on the horrors inflicted on Tasmanian aborigines get the Maori leaders and the left on your side, while the right like the idea of more sheep pasture.

Vatican City

You restore the Palatine Guard, Corsican Guard, Papal Zouaves and Noble Guard, and expand the Swiss guard, as well as several othe defunct regiment, recruiting from the large number of jobless Italians. Your recruits are a bit raw, but you should soon have an armed force of around 6,000. You are seriously lacking in trained officers however.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 2 is a go!
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2014, 06:22:55 am »

Australia

MFSTHOOTFNZ

YES...YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHSSSS!

Foreign Affairs
-Fuel the kiwi-aussie hate!
-attempt to either block borders or stop trade

Internal affairs
-relax silly refugee laws: "because it doesn't matter who you are, or where you came from, you're still better than those fucking kiwis."
-find some way to weaponize fault lines
-fart in the NZder foreign ministers general direction
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:40:29 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2014, 06:34:57 am »

Arggdybsbfebgle

Damn you Sheb.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2014, 06:35:16 am »

New Zealand's turn:

Foreign Affairs:
Summon the Australian Foreign minister for a meeting with the NZ ambassador to Australia. Demand to know the meaning of their threats.
Publicly denounce the Australian Foreign minister, while reminding the Australians that Kiwis are cousins, not creepy uncles.

Internal Affairs
Continue the media blitz, now with a more logical rather than purely emotional nuance.

Military
Spoiler: Classified (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:09:10 am by crazysheep »
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2014, 06:38:34 am »

Arggdybsbfebgle

Damn you Sheb.

You're welcome. :P 

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2014, 06:42:59 am »

Poland

Foreign affairs
-Break diplomatic ties with Russia.
-Offer the Ukrainian government asylum
Spoiler: Secret Stuff (click to show/hide)
Domestic affairs
-Also move troops to the border with Belarus
Spoiler: Secret Stuff (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2014, 06:50:50 am »

Australia
Prime Minister Scriven
Australia

MFSTHOOTFNZ

YES...YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHSSSS!

Foreign Affairs
-Fuel the kiwi-aussie hate!
-attempt to either block borders or stop trade

Internal affairs
-relax silly refugee laws: "because it doesn't matter who you are, or where you came from, you're still better than those fucking kiwis."
-find some way to weaponize fault lines
-fart in the NZder foreign ministers general direction
Give Stamp Of Authority EXCEPT for blocking trade/borders.

Relax all refugee laws regarding Indonesia and Papua New Guinea SO LONG as they have identification. No identification, no luck.
Offer assistance to Indo and PNG for conversion to solar power to mollify them about the coal situation.
Appeal to Indigenous peoples as to the Tasmania situation; do they really want their lost cousin's homeland to go to the Maori?

Challenge American movement of Naval forces.
Request public meeting with Indian, Chinese, Japanese, PNG, Indonesian - fuck it, ALL OF MY SOUTH EAST ASIAN AND OCEANIC counterparts regarding the threat of the American Naval forces.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:55:22 am by Gamerlord »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2014, 06:52:55 am »

Just to be clear: I won't roll anything that as to do with diplomacy with players countries. So you will have to deal with the players on that one.

Also, if you communicate by MPs with other players, please send me a copy, I like to know what's going on.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2014, 06:59:20 am »

Request public meeting with Indian, Chinese, Japanese, PNG, Indonesian - fuck it, ALL OF MY SOUTH EAST ASIAN AND OCEANIC counterparts regarding the threat of the American Naval forces.

Except those fucking kiwis.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23