Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26150 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 2 is a go!
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2014, 11:00:37 am »

England
------
Start the manufacturing of nuclear weapons.
------
Station troops at major population centers in the british isles
------
Begin the annexation of Ireland
Somebody should pick up Scotland and declare independance.

OWBLREAD!!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2014, 11:01:31 am »

If someone does that I'll support their war.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2014, 11:03:17 am »

Yeah, I'm still not sure whether he wants to play England or the UK.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2014, 11:36:17 am »

Mexico

Foreign Affairs

Offer to extend Open Borders with US and Canada. Propose Pan-American Schengen-type plan.
Send request to North American countries (Including USA and Canada) to begin conferences pertaining the best way to improve relations economically and diplomatically between the mainland (Already covered by NAFTA) and the Carribean.
Condemn Russian invasion of Ukraine. Officially offer asylum to the exiled Ukrainian government, recall ambassador to Russia.
Publicly commend Australia for their opening of refugee and immigrant channels for Indonesians and Papuans. (Hinthint, i'm Indonesian :D)

Internal Affairs
Meet with all ministers of state and get briefed upon all matters related to Cartels operating in Mexico. Consider widespread drug legalization to end Drug war.
Raise public support for open-border agreements, raising the point that it would make immigration/emigration much simpler.
Begin reforming energy production into more renewable sectors, especially wind turbines in Mexican highlands. Slowly. Don't need no economic collapses.

OI. 3man75, MEXICO IS MINE.

I was here first and i'm the president with the support of the people {who do drugs/make money off them} and the cartel's armies of mercenaries. If were sharing im the one green lighting things and you provide input and advisement Secretary Pedro. Now go get my coffee cabron.

Also no to EVERYTHING you've said but the energy idea. I don't want us caught up in European plots to take over our country or make our lives worse. Honestly why should we care about ukraine? who is that dude and what has he done for us? NOTHING now leave the EU and Russia to their dick measuring contest.

Make a public announcement to start a grand social experiment to legalize drugs in the country and offer to sell them to portugual {who also legalised it IRL}. We'll be the hottest place for Tourism DAMMIT!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2014, 11:41:08 am »

New Defensive Pact Secures Chinese Frontier
Shanghai - Diplomats from six major Asian countries - China, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan - have met today in Shanghai to issue a public declaration of mutual defense.  These nations have pledged to support each other militarily should any of their members come under attack by any outside power.  While this is believed to have been aimed against the Russian occupation of Ukraine, the Chinese government has made no comments on the ongoing Russian occupation of Ukraine, save for a single statement that they continued to hope that the two would find an equitable peace that would accommodate the needs of the Crimea as well as Ukraine. 

Chinese Naval Growth Sparks Concern
Yulin Naval Base, Hainan - Senior military officials in the People's Liberation Army Navy have announced a significant expansion in China's military force projection capabilities.  New keels have been laid down for four Type 071 amphibious transport docks and an additional two new ships with a displacement almost half again larger than that of the Type 071, believed to be the Chinese counterpart to the American Wasp class amphibious assault carrier.  In addition, funds have been appropriated for the production of another six Type 903 replenishment ships.  The official government position is that these new amphibious transport docks and underway replenishment ships will prove to be critical in expanding the PLAN's humanitarian missions abroad in crisis relief across the world, but foreign analyists also indicate that with the ongoing work on the Sanya nuclear submarine base, the construction of two Type-001A aircraft carriers patterned after the Liaoning and incorporating lessons learned from its sea trials, and further funds earmarked for indeterminate ship construction believed to be nuclear submarines, this may mark an acceleration of long-standing Chinese plans for a blue-water fleet capable of force projection abroad. 

Review of the Hukou System Leads To Reform
Beijing - After intense deliberations, the Politburo has announced a new series of reforms aimed at liberalizing the hated hukou system.  Premier Wen Jiabao has long been an outspoken advocate for reforms to the urban-rural dualist "caste system."  These reforms are aimed at greatly easing the ability of rural populations to move to cities, especially those that have been constructed but never inhabited in inner China, with the aim being the complete abolishment of the hukou system within five years.  The reduction in preferential treatment has already been marked by the abolishment of fees for temporary urban work permits to all Special Economic Zones and the majority of inner cities, as well as stepped increases in subsidies to major cities in order to help them accommodate the anticipated strain on municipal services such as law enforcement and education that will be caused by an increase in population outflow to urban areas. 

New Government Subsidies Earmarked for Nuclear Power
Harbin - With support from the Central Politburo, the China National Nuclear Corporation has taken the lead in identifying new locations for nuclear power plants on the ACPR1000+ design.  Generation III power plants that accommodate lessons from the Fukushima nuclear disaster, The key goal, as stated by the Chinese government, is to reduce air pollution from coal and oil power plants, as well as tapping the significant uranium deposits available in China.  New research into thorium designs for nuclear power have also been reported, and senior officials are optimistic, with one being quoted that "thorium...represents the future of nuclear power.  It cannot be weaponized, its safety is second to none, and its abundance dwarfs that of uranium or plutonium." 

Chinese investment increases in nearby nations
Bishkek - Chinese businessmen from Shanghai and Hong Kong have become a regular sight in Bishkek as new Chinese resource operations expand in this distant mountainous country.  Gold and rare earths have been targeted for particular focus, with coal and uranium in close competition.  It is believed that this new influx of investment has come with the blessings of both the Chinese and Kyrgyz governments, and with the availability of new markets in China and, through China, the rest of the world, the economies of all involved nations will skyrocket. 

Spoiler: Chinese Orders, Turn 2 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:46:28 am by Culise »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: a WW3 simulator (or not)
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2014, 11:41:09 am »

I would like to take the United Mexican States, mostly known as Mexico.

8 hours ago, before turn 2 even happened. Your move.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2014, 11:44:55 am »

Latvia

Internal affairs

Begin Low level recruitment for the national army. Call some reservists in for "training".
Begin a campaign of offering residents citizenship in exchange for signed affidavits of their loyalty to the Latvian state. (in cases of missed parentage of ethnic Russians from last turn, keep an eye on those who refuse to take this opportunity.)
(11% seems like a high rate for uneployment...) Reduce minimum wage by ten percent, start a campaign encouraging work-share programs. Offer limited tax credits to new or expanding companies in Latgale (where unemployment is over 20%, apparently).
Increase national investment in Green Technologies.
(hope all the new jobs bring in the taxes to fund all this stuff)

Foreign affairs
Suck up to US and Germany.
Offer to host troops for EC/NATO/whatever banner it is we're using.

Ukrisis
Offer asylum to members of the legitimate Ukrainian government.
[confidential: eyes only] Put a group of 200-300 "volunteers" together to aid the UPA. Deny all connection to the government. [/confidential]
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2014, 11:51:53 am »

Yeah, and it's your name in the player list. Now, can you agree to share with 3man75 or whatever?

Also, I remember you that I'd like to be sent a copy of every message your send to other players. Not really a rule (since I can't enforce it), but it'd make me very happy.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2014, 11:55:44 am »

Color: Orange or if taken baby blue. (Prefer Orange)

First order of business legalise cocaine and other drugs by regulating via licenses and taxes. By bye cartels.

Talk to France about expanding trade with us.
Note the 6 hour difference. 3man75, you should really be the cartels, since (in this game, not IRL) you clearly like drugs.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2014, 12:02:40 pm »

I have this strange feeling that America is fucked. With a better life available in Canada, legal drugs in Mexico, probable conscription to fuel the war machine and the prospect of being sent into the meat grinder that Australia will become if invaded, who would want to live there?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2014, 12:36:27 pm »

France:

-Create a crowdsourcing project dedicated to clarify and purge the law from loopholes and oddities. Anything not classified is to be put up on internet to be classed and analysed. Of course a bunch of actual experts is to work on this too.
-While not actually increasing taxes, make sure that companies and people can't get away from paying them. Related to above.

-Stop privatizing stuff altogether, and re-nationalise whenever possible. If someone bought it, it makes money.

-Call for a more united EU. Ask for union-wide law and penal code, and a unification of taxes on international companies.

-Work to lessen discriminations and racism
-Try to push for a law limiting the maximum salary in a company to 20 times the lowest one. Lessen taxes on those who comply.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2014, 01:35:09 pm »

Okay the new United cartel movement elects Mario to represent them. Mario also happens to be a member of the presidents inner circle.

Presidente we must stay away from European affairs and be ready to sell material to both sides for maximum profit. This has nothing to do with us agreed?

Also presidents the cartels are willing to pay the state for damages over the years for previous actions if drugs are legalized. If so we promise to pay for the damages every month until all can be forgiven. Just think of all the tourism we will attract!

Edit: ((forgot to mention that I want to share power as a adviser if still no can I have Brazil? Also I'm not into drugs I just like MONEY))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:37:38 pm by 3man75 »

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2014, 01:52:20 pm »

Yeah, I'm still not sure whether he wants to play England or the UK.
I'll play the UK then.
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2014, 02:33:19 pm »

3man75, you'll still need agreement from our resident Mexican player.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2014, 03:19:43 pm »

3man75, you'll still need agreement from our resident Mexican player.

If he says no can i at LEAST have Brazil?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23