Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26133 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: a WW3 simulator (or not)
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2014, 04:31:18 pm »

I'll take all neutral land(including the parts of the ocean that are pretty much always frozen), dark blue, and a bigger map!
Hmmm.  I can do bigger

((And in the spirit of the original map, people who don't specify colours still get hot pink)).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2014, 04:34:56 pm »

Neat. You also remembered to add French Guyana and Groenland. Thanks!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »

Heh.  I didn't bother to do all the really little dependencies like the Pitcairns or Diego Garcia, though.  Just St. Pierre and Miquelon and the Channel Islands.  I suppose that was a spot of laziness on my part. ^_^

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2014, 05:34:40 pm »

My thought process:
"Where can I do the most damage?
Somewhere belligerent. Nor- probably been taken.
Wait, India! It has nukes!
Ehh, no belligerent enough. Pakistan!
Ehh, too weak. Get eaten by China no doubt.
Let's check the crisis page.
Iran!"

Islamic Republic of Iran in anti-American Orange.
Iran
Foreign
Send overtures to Australian government. Convince them of America's insane aggressive tendencies, and that we should cooperate to have them thrown off Security council, Perhaps replaced with a saner large English-speaking country?
Send similar messages to the permanent Security Council members (excluding England and USA). With Russia's, cite American interferism (It's a (made up) word in Persian). With China's, cite the dangerous destabilizing effect of American hegemony. With France, same as Australia: Unstable, aggressive, clearly losing it. Note it wouldn't effect Western Dominance, especially if they replaced it with say, Australia.
Military
Fund Cyber warfare and defense research. America will pay! Never again shall the circuits that do Allah's work be tainted by decadence.
Domestic
Continue promising end to sanctions and total Western surrender, dial back on "Death to America" (although obviously don't remove it completely).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:40:48 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2014, 05:54:20 pm »

I've decided to take India instead. According to the global firepower index, they have the fourth most capable military.  :D Color will be Orange.

Recent news! New Indian president named Habbya Aybbah elected to power, promises to make India a world power both economically and militarily.

(CLASSIFIED) Send emmissaries to Qatar, open negotiations on the topic of military protection if war breaks out.
(CLASSIFIED) Contact China, discuss potential actions if Russia tries to annex more land.
(CLASSIFIED) ((<EXTREMELY CLASSIFIED>))
(PUBLIC)       Start stockpiling oil and natural gas, and start a countrywide initiate to construct more nuclear energy plants to replace old coalfired ones.
(PUBLIC)       Expand the Indian navy, adding more submarines and aircraft carriers. Begin development of new weaponry.

---THIS IS INDIA NOW---THIS IS INDIA NOW---THIS IS INDIA NOW---THIS IS INDIA NOW---THIS IS INDIA NOW---THIS IS INDIA NOW---
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:01:37 pm by Inithis »
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2014, 05:54:49 pm »

Denmark

Turn 1

Foreign Affairs
Denmark Announces its intention to leave the European union by the end of 2014. It urges the nations of Finland,Norway, and Sweden to join it. In leaving the european union and closing all deals with the european union.

Internal Affairs
The Queen of Denmark Passes an executive order stating that Denmark is to change its official religion to Eastern Orthodoxy. To show its support of New Russian policies. She also announces that a New National church will be built in Copenhagen it shall be large as to rival the Catholic cathedrals of old.

Internal Production
The New Eastern Orthodox Church is to be finished by mid June in 2015 a full 600 million dollars shall be committed to its construction and it shall be built with the use of government and civilian contractors. It shall be built out of Dark Stone blocks.

A new Port facility shall be constructed on the Northern end of the Jutland peninsula. East of the City of Aalborg near the small town of Hou. The Dock will be meant to maintain up to 12 vessels with a 500 meter in length. and two ships 1500 meters in length. Along with Dry dock facilities to produce 1500 meters in length. The budget for production is 11 billion us dollars.

Diplomacy

Envoy to Russia
Classified
We the people of Denmark wish to cast our lot with you Russia we see the east as the new source of power and economic stability in this world. We wish to inform you that unlike the rest of the EU we will not cease trade with you. We will also assist you in any way possible militarily or economically in return we wish your support in re-establishing the old Danish Empire of Iceland, Greenland, Norway, and Sweden. Though that will come in time for now all we need is that you will guarantee our independence and also if we engage in any military action that you will support us.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:29:52 am by cheesemcmuffin88 »

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2014, 06:37:53 pm »

This has all my yes. I will be following intensely. This must be made into vidyagaem like that diplomacy octodad sim idea crossed with defcon.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2014, 07:42:02 pm »

This has all my yes. I will be following intensely. This must be made into vidyagaem like that diplomacy octodad sim idea crossed with defcon.

Why follow? There are plenty of open countries, some not even third-world!
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2014, 07:43:19 pm »

Plus it'd be cool to have some African/Latin American countries for a change.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2014, 07:47:11 pm »

AUSTRALIA
Prime Minister Scriven

Diplomacy
Send envoys to Papua New Guinea and Indonesia proposing a Pacific Union.
Offer decreased tariffs on exported/imported food as a deal sweetener

Internal Affairs
Offer incentives for army reservists.
Offer massive incentives for switching to solar power.
Raise taxes on coal mining and exportation.
Begin building weapon caches/bunkers throughout Australia. CLASSIFIED!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:55:58 pm by Gamerlord »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2014, 07:55:45 pm »

Alright, I realized I forgot to formalize myself.

Israel, color dark blue/turquoise(the color blue on the Israeli flag)

Foreign Affairs
Israel sends diplomats to Iran, hoping that the new leader will be willing to talk peace and alliance.
Worried about Hamas bombers, Israel steps up border patrols with orders to terminate terrorists with extreme prejudice.
Otherwise, Palestine is left alone for the time being.
Internal Affairs
Notice is given that reserves may be activated in the near future. Conscription centers are opened, but no drafting has begun yet.
Other Stuff, totally unrelated
Israeli museums begin a campaign to recover Hebrew artifacts and relics. Petitions are sent to the United States for the release of Hebrew religious artifacts suspected to have been recovered from Nazi Germany archaeologists following World War II.
Purely Political S***
Anyone in general who publicly disapproves of Israel's actions is labeled a neo-Nazi anti-Semitist by our media division.

DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2014, 07:58:32 pm »

I'm surprised no one is thinking of attacking me.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2014, 08:01:36 pm »

I'm surprised no one is thinking of attacking me.
We don't want to offend the only non-US producers of genuine maple syrup.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2014, 08:05:16 pm »

I should weaponize that as well.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2014, 08:51:20 pm »

I'll take Somalia.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23