Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the Mod, 2 Questions, 1 Vote each.

1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (General content)
1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (New Race, eg Humans or Elves)
1) Don't do another fundraiser. (Same general developement, but much slower)
2) Focus on user-friendlieness (tutorials, manual, hints, ingame announcements)
2) Focus on clean-up (bugfixing, balancing, deleting unused content, clean up raws)
2) Focus on new content (all kinds of stuff possible)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...  (Read 13526 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 03:24:51 pm »

So I can't bring meat onto an expedition with gnomes, so I guess i'll rely on plants and eating animals from hunting!

Don't forget fish!  That'll usually be your main food source as gnomes.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 04:12:54 pm »

Thanks for all your work, and this update :) Awesome. A sole bugfixupdate was really important to get over the time without you :D Good luck on your travel

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 06:12:22 pm »

Looks like the ascii based tile raws got broke again?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:41 pm »

and you surely did not change tileset after genning the world?

Sure as sure

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 10:03:14 pm »

So I got a story for everyone. GNomes are realllly fun to play as. I settled on the beach so I could fish the oceans foreever, since I have fisher gremlins. It's like my new favorite fort, I got 3 miners digging. Then the bad stuff happens. I literally started this gnome fort like 2 minutes ago, its really cool. We're on the beach I have gnomes an they have gremlins fishing for us, and a cave in happened. My ranger freaked out, then LITERALLY a random explosion of boiling water hit him, then he freaked OUT and then now everyones unhappy since someone died. ALL WITHIN 2 MINUTES. So now everyone's sad, cause they miss him, and the one who's freaking out the most is making him a casket. We've not even dug into the mountains yet....

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 11:07:42 pm »

Orcs
 - Prepared scalps and standards are no longer worth 99999999 dwarf-bucks.

uhhhh, I don't think this got fixed properly, It's still going on for me

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 02:04:22 am »

just wanted to say... I've been lurking (school and all), to see what Meph does with diseases.  Glad to see he added some stuff.

Yay!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 04:08:56 am »

The link ain't working.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:20:50 am »

So I got a story for everyone. GNomes are realllly fun to play as. I settled on the beach so I could fish the oceans foreever, since I have fisher gremlins. It's like my new favorite fort, I got 3 miners digging. Then the bad stuff happens. I literally started this gnome fort like 2 minutes ago, its really cool. We're on the beach I have gnomes an they have gremlins fishing for us, and a cave in happened. My ranger freaked out, then LITERALLY a random explosion of boiling water hit him, then he freaked OUT and then now everyones unhappy since someone died. ALL WITHIN 2 MINUTES. So now everyone's sad, cause they miss him, and the one who's freaking out the most is making him a casket. We've not even dug into the mountains yet....

Ok, what's a fisher gremlin? I saw it as one of the 1000 pets, but I have no idea what it does.

Also, are oceans not vulnerable to the "no more fish" bug?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 11:05:51 am »

What else would a fisher be? It can be only one thing.

Milton Bradley

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 01:07:29 pm »

After launching "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe", adjusting settings and closing, I get a dialog that "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress has stopped working" and the settings aren't saved. Anyone else have this problem or know what I could try to fix it?
I've downloaded the whole build again a couple times and that hasn't helped. :-\

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 01:31:48 pm »

Fisher Gremlins are sapient pets that occasionally park themselves on a waterway and pull out all of the fish for you to clean and haul. They're a nice addition if you're hurting for food but can't spare the laborers.

Also, I'm pretty sure infinite water-bodies utilize some form of "fish migration" or whatever. So ponds will eventually go empty from overfishing, rivers will slowly refill from one or both ends, while lakes and oceans refill really quickly due to the number of "migration points".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:37:45 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 01:47:11 pm »

Fisher Gremlins are sapient pets that occasionally park themselves on a waterway and pull out all of the fish for you to clean and haul. They're a nice addition if you're hurting for food but can't spare the laborers.

Also, I'm pretty sure infinite water-bodies utilize some form of "fish migration" or whatever. So ponds will eventually go empty from overfishing, rivers will slowly refill from one or both ends, while lakes and oceans refill really quickly due to the number of "migration points".

Nope
unless some DFHack plugin fixed it, it is rather easy to depopulate the oceans in DF, so there won't be any fish anymore. Actually, it can even be done with surface animals, but is a bit slower.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 11:47:06 pm »

- Does this solve the skeleton bug where they go opposed to life for a split second, and they're removed from their military/noble profession?
I don't think so. You don't have to use the masterwork skeleton reaction though. 
Spawned units can now join the military.
You can solve the military problem by manually re-adding them into the military each time you hear: :Shambling Skeleton has become a Miner" and having a warlock or ghoul as the squad leader so they don't get removed.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5