Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the Mod, 2 Questions, 1 Vote each.

1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (General content)
1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (New Race, eg Humans or Elves)
1) Don't do another fundraiser. (Same general developement, but much slower)
2) Focus on user-friendlieness (tutorials, manual, hints, ingame announcements)
2) Focus on clean-up (bugfixing, balancing, deleting unused content, clean up raws)
2) Focus on new content (all kinds of stuff possible)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...  (Read 13511 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

MDF is packed in 7zip - a free, open-source program that packs and unpacks files, like WinRar. You can get it here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html.

Donations
If you like the content and want to help the developers, why not buy them a coffee?
Support VanillaDF ::: Support MasterworkDF :::
Thank You!

Notes: This update is full of bugfixes and rebalancing. I hope I caught everything that was reported. It also updates utilities like the DT and falconnes plugins, and adds a new tileset, Dawnfortress.

By far the biggest addition is the update for Gnome Fortress. While not completely finished, the Gnomes now have dozens of unique features and workshops. Everything from an automated drilling rig that can mine and pump liquids for you, conveyor belts that run on power, a tesla coil to zap invaders, wild animals that join your fort, birds that tell you of off-map events like caravans or armies that come towards you, automated factory workshops, time manipulation and more. Its still in the refining stages, but IndigoFenix has done an amazing job. Please give them a try, because the modder can't do much if the feedback is missing.

Graphics
 - New Tileset: DawnFortress.
 - New Color Scheme: DawnFortress.
 - New Color Scheme: Colorblind/Daltonized, a scheme optimized for people that are colorblind.

*all three by DragonDePlatino, many thanks for those.

GUI
 - Fixed Simple Gem Shape Button, which was broken for some people.
 - Toggling the Guildhall will automatically remove Guilds.
 - Toggling the Garrison will automatically remove Military Groups.
 - Toggling the Wizard School will automatically remove Mages.
 - Toggling the Monastery will automatically remove Priests.
 - Disease button also enabled/disables rabies now.
 - Added Setting for Macros on first tab.
 - Moved the Rendermax button to the first tab, to the other graphical settings.

*thanks, splinterz, once again for work well done.

Dfhack
 - Spawned units can now become nobles.
 - Spawned units can now join the military. (Townportal, Breeding Warrens, Skeletons/Ghouls)
 - Updated Falconnes Utility Plugins.
 - Custom Slab: Point your cursor somewhere and type "slab" into dfhack to get a wooden sign that you can write on. Great for succession forts.

*and thank you warmist, putnam and falconne. :)

Gnomes
 - Includes Gnome V.07, which adds following features:
 - Gnome graphics.
 - Talk with birds, which give info about off-map events.
 - Telegraph your home civ for caravans and migrants.
 - Excavate the rock to "see" veins and gems that are hidden.
 - Speed up, slow down or stop time. Highly experimental.
 - Automated factory lines.
 - Power generation from manual power, steam or electricity.
 - Shock invaders with tesla coils and shock pistols.
 - Wild animals will join your cause, if you treat them well.
 - Complete AND/OR/NOR boolean operators, for those that like complex machinery.
 - Powered Conveyor belts and loading/unloading stations.
 - Mechanical limbs for your Gnomes.

*all gnome-works done by IndigoFenix. I remember when people started saying that I am doing crazy, unique stuff in modding, but IndigoFenix tops it off. Even before he learned to write dfhack scripts, I thought that his Super Mario, Plump Helmet Men and Sphinx mods were amazing. Now that he can write scripts, he is going completely power mad. Which is a good thing. ;)

Warlocks
 - Added Archeologist Workshop. Different design, but same features as dwarven archeologist.
 - Added Siege Operator Training to the Inscriptor for your Skeletons.
 - Fixed slag reactions. They used up the produced items again to make more items, and in the wrong numbers no less.
 - Warlocks can now hunt and fish again. Dwarf Therapist enabled those labors anyway, I couldnt completely shut that down.
 - Ghouls have 100% learn rate on all hunting/fishing related labors.
 - Shambling undeads and restless walkers should attack wildlife/living beings again.
 - Souls of sentient beings can now be stored in Phylacteries.
 - Speed boost from devouring souls reduced from 10% to 3%.
 - Resurrecting a Warlock costs 3 souls now, instead of 10. The range/duration has been increased as well, hopefully that solves the issue with some people not being able to resurrect them.

*thanks to all people that reported bugs or suggested rebalancing. And to warmist again, because his spawnunit update allows skeletons and ghouls to finally become nobles and join the army directly.

Dwarves
 - Changed carpet tile in Monastery, Altar and Temple buildings to fit the carpet tile of the carpet decoration.
 - Herbalism research doesnt require a drink barrel. (dwarves were drinking from it while doing the reaction) Instead, you need an empty barrel and 5 plants.
 - Fixed water-boulder bug when training swimming in the Fountain. Now only creates a splash of water to raise XP.
 - Fixed elven biology announcements, which wrongly quoted goblins.
 - Fixed slade turret reagents. Now needs 5 rock boulders instead of actual slade from hell.
 - FB spawning in the Warpstone Pool is no longer automatic. This was an oversight and not intended.
 - Townportal can only summon Peasants now, but they arrive with a full set of silk clothing.
 - Removed Alarm Siren research, since the reaction moved to the Garrison a while ago.
 - Fixed the spawning of animated weapons.
 - Following additions to the Pet Merchant: Changelings, Waterlings, Magmalings. Iron/Steelclad Warbeasts: Badgerdogs, Mastiffs, Elephants, Unicorns, Raptors, Cragtooth Boars. Giant Blade Spiders and Giant Wold Spiders. Red Dragons.
 - Added War-Training to the mage familiars that were lacking it. You can now train all familiars.

*thanks again to all the people that reported issues, and especially zlurker for his work on the pet merchant.

Orcs
 - Prepated scalps and standards are no longer worth 99999999 dwarf-bucks.

General changes
 - Diseases only affect dwarves now. This means no dwarven invaders that bring the plague upon your orc forts. :)
 - Giant Hornets are no longer building destroyers, and therefore will no longer path directly into your forts.
 - Large Bone Pots are now made of inorganic:bone instead of actual bone, which couldnt be used to store food/drinks.
 - Animated warlock weapons like the scythe, scourge and so forth are no longer available for other races.

Utilities
 - Updated Dwarf Therapist (Changelog in the link)

Personal Note: This will be my last update for the next 4 months. I will be travelling again, this time without even a netbook. I will be online occasionally with kindle or smartphone, which means no modding, but I will do a bit of forum support for important questions. For more info on what I am doing and where I am going, please visit www.unlocked-achievements.com. Previously I always added a bit here on the DF board, but now that I have my own website, I dont need that. If you have travel-related questions/comments, you can find me on facebook for that.

I'm leaving the mod in the hands of Urist McTeellox, IndigoFenix and Splinterz. If you have issues with the mod itself, ask McTeellox, he will note them down and add them to his SWP release. Feedback for the Gnomes goes to IndigoFenix. GUI and utility-related questions are best to be adressed at Splinterz. If you have a problem with dfhack, go to the dfhack thread. Please don't message me, because I have honestly no idea how often I will be online. I will be back in July.

I added a poll that will run for the next 3 months or so, so please vote. It will determine the next dev cycle. I hope that both dfhack r5 and the next df update will be released in that time.

Have fun,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile

Thanks for the great update and support.  Addressed some of the more annoying bugs and oversights I've seen since 4h.  Have a fun and safe trip.  Keep us updated from time to time on where in the world you are.  Hopefully over the next few months we can crush pretty much all bugs that pop up in 4i in SWP and you'll have a really clean mod for your next stage of modding.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:22:38 pm by kamikazi1231 »

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have a safe and fun trip.  Thanks for the updates as well!

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As you make an amazing mod and travel the world. Cool, I wish you a good luck and a safe trip. And thank you for this update.  :D

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enjoy the ride!

Edit:
Found a bug, with the launcher. Misc. Features tab, Additional Mods column. Plant Variety. Went to turn it off, Failed to save option! Invalid/missing tokens: !NOFF!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:49:32 am by Tenderroast »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Enjoy the ride!

Edit:
Found a bug, with the launcher. Misc. Features tab, Additional Mods column. Plant Variety. Went to turn it off, Failed to save option! Invalid/missing tokens: !NOFF!
I know where that comes from. But my god, I really hoped I could upload this without any issues.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, when I go to create a new world, the entire game freezes. I left it for 30 minutes and went for some taco bell, came back, and it was still in the same spot. Attempting to redownload, and see if it fixes.

edit: re-downloaded, default settings, it doesnt freeze. Going to try and change my settings to my prefered, and see what happens.

edit #2: Changed my settings and it froze again. Going to go through and change 1 thing at a time, and see what happens

edit #3: Found the problem. MISC. FEATURES tab, Additional Mods column. Both Tree Variety, and Plant Variety. If one is toggled off, the other gets the error message when you go to toggle. If EITHER is turned off, the game freezes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:13:46 am by Tenderroast »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch

Also, when I go to create a new world, the entire game freezes. I left it for 30 minutes and went for some taco bell, came back, and it was still in the same spot. Attempting to redownload, and see if it fixes.

edit: re-downloaded, default settings, it doesnt freeze. Going to try and change my settings to my prefered, and see what happens.

edit #2: Changed my settings and it froze again. Going to go through and change 1 thing at a time, and see what happens

edit #3: Found the problem. MISC. FEATURES tab, Additional Mods column. Both Tree Variety, and Plant Variety. If one is toggled off, the other gets the error message when you go to toggle. If EITHER is turned off, the game freezes.
yeah this is the same as the previous bug report a few posts up. currently the animal, trees and plant varieties are all controlled by the same tag (YESFF/NOFF), so toggling one will toggle the others as well. that's the reason the GUI is complaining, because the options have already been flipped, and it's trying to do it again, but the expected tag is no longer there.

however, i have no idea why that would cause a worldgen crash, as these options simply toggle on/off different types of trees/plants/animals...

the good news is there's a quick fix i can do for the GUI to deal with the raws in their current state, the bad news is that to fix it properly, it requires raw changes (splitting the FF into three distinct tag options, which Meph may not have time for since he leaves today... i'm waiting for a response to know which way to fix it.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile

*Grabs Meph and kissies him anyway*
Now if you excuse me, i have an Undead Army to make!

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

splinterz, its not crashing at world gen, it crashes before i can even start to gen. As soon as i choose Create New World (either option) it totally freezes.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:51:17 am »

splinterz, its not crashing at world gen, it crashes before i can even start to gen. As soon as i choose Create New World (either option) it totally freezes.
anything suspicious in the error logs?

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 12:11:11 pm »

normal error log, this is with plant / tree turned on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wiped the log clean, and disabled tree variety. Game froze in its usual spot, no error log generated.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 12:24:56 pm »

Huzzah and hurray!

So! Some quick questions!

- Does this solve the skeleton bug where they go opposed to life for a split second, and they're removed from their military/noble profession?
- Can Dwarf/Elf/Major race souls now be stored in phylacteries?
- Is there now a reliable way to turn invaders into ghouls/skeletons without the problem of build/release cages?

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 02:09:26 pm »

So I can't bring meat onto an expedition with gnomes, so I guess i'll rely on plants and eating animals from hunting!

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 02:44:33 pm »

- Can Dwarf/Elf/Major race souls now be stored in phylacteries?

I think so:
- Souls of sentient beings can now be stored in Phylacteries.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5