Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the Mod, 2 Questions, 1 Vote each.

1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (General content)
1) Do another fundraiser/full month of modding in autumn. (New Race, eg Humans or Elves)
1) Don't do another fundraiser. (Same general developement, but much slower)
2) Focus on user-friendlieness (tutorials, manual, hints, ingame announcements)
2) Focus on clean-up (bugfixing, balancing, deleting unused content, clean up raws)
2) Focus on new content (all kinds of stuff possible)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...  (Read 13509 times)

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [UPDATE] V.4i - Poll, Fixes, Gnomes, DawnFortress, Colorblind Scheme...
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 10:58:03 am »

Can confirm that the game freezes before wordgen if extra plants / animals are disabled. But it doesn't look like the GUI is doing that.

I think there is something wrong with or near [CREATURE:BIRD_CROW_FF] in creature_vermin_masterwork(882). If you remove the <NO/YES>FF tags from some of those the vermin birds so they stay in the raws, worldgen starts fine with the rest of FF disabled.

edit: As far as I can tell it's the crow and the sparrow, no idea why. The crow and the sparrow have to stay, for without them there will be no world for the dwarves to live in :3
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:16:33 am by yaymeh »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 06:50:11 pm »

Can confirm that the game freezes before wordgen if extra plants / animals are disabled. But it doesn't look like the GUI is doing that.

I think there is something wrong with or near [CREATURE:BIRD_CROW_FF] in creature_vermin_masterwork(882). If you remove the <NO/YES>FF tags from some of those the vermin birds so they stay in the raws, worldgen starts fine with the rest of FF disabled.

edit: As far as I can tell it's the crow and the sparrow, no idea why. The crow and the sparrow have to stay, for without them there will be no world for the dwarves to live in :3
i tested out your solution and it also seemed to work! i have no idea why either though. at any rate, i've updated everything on my masterwork branch, and submitted a pull to the main SWP version, so hopefully we'll have everything sorted and updated soon.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 07:00:37 pm »

I'm waiting on these last minute fixes before I start up a fortress myself. Thanks for the work you all put in.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2014, 08:56:34 am »

Is it a bug or a feature that steeloak is refined into blocks instead of wooden planks?

What are steeloak blocks good for? Stonecrafter won't take them, woodcrafter won't take them... well I'm certainly NOT building another "tower of epic lag"...

And last but not least: Is adding  those two:
   [REACTION_CLASS:REFINE_WOOD][BLOCK_NAME:plank:planks]
   [REACTION_CLASS:PAINTER][REACTION_CLASS:IS_WOOD]
to the
       [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STEELOAK_TEMPLATE]
a good idea or are there any bad side-effects to be expected? Don't want to break everything again -.-

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2014, 10:18:44 am »

Aren't planks blocks aswell?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2014, 11:26:22 am »

Yes. only difference is the name.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2014, 11:37:50 am »

I believe that the colosseum is causing loyalty cascades.

Soon after I spawn any monster opposed to life and get it killed by my militia, they start fighting each other and scaring the civilians.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »

Yes. only difference is the name.
Doesn't look like that to me. While it's not the plank-name-tag itself that is responsible for this behaviour, all planks do have in common that they also carry the tags that make it possible for them to be used by the woodcrafter etc.

Or did I misinterpret something there?

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2014, 02:41:38 pm »

As far as I'm aware there aren't any wood blocks, the wood blocks are called planks instead
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

tekfunk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2014, 09:12:25 pm »

With razing invaders checked, does this allow them to destroy built walls?

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2014, 02:23:40 am »

As far as I'm aware there aren't any wood blocks, the wood blocks are called planks instead
Did you try making steeloak planks?
That's why I'm asking whether this is a bug or a feature -.-

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2014, 04:33:11 am »

Did you try making steeloak planks?
That's why I'm asking whether this is a bug or a feature -.-

edit:
Also not sure if bug or feature - herbalist (maybe more, didn't check) can only be researched with papyrus, not other kinds of library supply paper-likes. Doesn't this make the thatcher a prerequisite for those?
(I like playing without thatcher because I find many of the products rather inappropriate. I mean - seriously - wicker bucket? Those dwarves sure must be able to run very fast if they manage to carry liquids in those. And floodgate? Well, if it works for beavers... )

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2014, 04:36:15 am »

With razing invaders checked, does this allow them to destroy built walls?
currently the razing option allows all creatures/races in the dfhack.init to destroy buildings, rough walls (boulders) and smooth walls (blocks). i'd previously made changes in SWP to include some megabeasts, and added variety to the different races, and made destroying smooth walls take longer than rough walls (if the race could raze). but unfortunately they were removed in the 4i release, so you'll have to replace the values manually, or wait for an SWP update.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2014, 10:58:31 am »

When I try to start the Settings.exe under Debian Testing I get the following:
Code: [Select]
converting method System.OutOfMemoryException:.ctor (string)
Method System.OutOfMemoryException:.ctor (string) emitted at 0xb737db70 to 0xb737db93 (code length 35) [Settings.exe]
converting method (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_void__this___object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
Method (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_void__this___object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) emitted at 0xb737dbb0 to 0xb737dc3e (code length 142) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.SystemException:.ctor (string)
Method System.SystemException:.ctor (string) emitted at 0xb737dc40 to 0xb737dc63 (code length 35) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.Exception:.ctor (string)
Method System.Exception:.ctor (string) emitted at 0xb737dc70 to 0xb737dc88 (code length 24) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.NullReferenceException:.ctor (string)
Method System.NullReferenceException:.ctor (string) emitted at 0xb737dc88 to 0xb737dcab (code length 35) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.StackOverflowException:.ctor (string)
Method System.StackOverflowException:.ctor (string) emitted at 0xb737dcb0 to 0xb737dcc9 (code length 25) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.AppDomain:DoAssemblyResolve (string,bool)
Method System.AppDomain:DoAssemblyResolve (string,bool) emitted at 0xb737dcd8 to 0xb737df2f (code length 599) [Settings.exe]
converting method (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_object__this___object_sbyte (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
Method (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_object__this___object_sbyte (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) emitted at 0xb737df48 to 0xb737dfee (code length 166) [Settings.exe]
The entry point method could not be loaded
converting method (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_virtual_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
Method (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_virtual_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) emitted at 0xb737dff0 to 0xb737e076 (code length 134) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.Threading.Thread:.cctor ()
Method System.Threading.Thread:.cctor () emitted at 0xb737e078 to 0xb737e09a (code length 34) [Settings.exe]
converting method (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
Method (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) emitted at 0xb737e0a8 to 0xb737e112 (code length 106) [Settings.exe]
converting method (wrapper alloc) object:Alloc (intptr)
Method (wrapper alloc) object:Alloc (intptr) emitted at 0xb737e120 to 0xb737e1ad (code length 141) [Settings.exe]
converting method (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_object_new_specific (intptr)
Method (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_object_new_specific (intptr) emitted at 0xb737e1c0 to 0xb737e22a (code length 106) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.Threading.Thread:Finalize ()
Method System.Threading.Thread:Finalize () emitted at 0xb737e230 to 0xb737e25d (code length 45) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.Runtime.ConstrainedExecution.CriticalFinalizerObject:Finalize ()
Method System.Runtime.ConstrainedExecution.CriticalFinalizerObject:Finalize () emitted at 0xb737e270 to 0xb737e292 (code length 34) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.Runtime.Remoting.Contexts.Context:Finalize ()
Method System.Runtime.Remoting.Contexts.Context:Finalize () emitted at 0xb737e298 to 0xb737e2ba (code length 34) [Settings.exe]
converting method System.Threading.InternalThread:Finalize ()
Method System.Threading.InternalThread:Finalize () emitted at 0xb737e2c0 to 0xb737e301 (code length 65) [Settings.exe]
converting method (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.InternalThread:Thread_free_internal (System.Threading.InternalThread,intptr)
Method (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.InternalThread:Thread_free_internal (System.Threading.InternalThread,intptr) emitted at 0xb737e310 to 0xb737e396 (code length 134) [Settings.exe]
or, without the -v option of mono:
Code: [Select]
The entry point method could not be loaded
The program refuses to start, of course.
Taste my Paci-Fist

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 05:21:32 am »

That is the expected result if you start a DOTNET4 application with mono. What exactly are you trying to achieve? If you absolutely want to avoid using wine, you can try regexing the raws manually with find+sed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5