Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Players to play AI war:Fleet Command!  (Read 21950 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Players to play AI war:Fleet Command!
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2014, 03:03:02 pm »

Yeah, we don't mind. Are you "reglar" on Steam?
Yep
Okay, you need to download and install hamachi to play (unless you already got it).

hm, lets start at saturday, 2pm, unless someones got any plans.
Actually, 3pm your time would be better, since your 2pm is my 11am, and I need to do some chores and such right after I get up and before I start playing.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2014, 03:53:52 pm »

Alright, ((im EST, i cant for the life of me figure on how to change it))
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2014, 04:07:00 pm »

Mm... if you're on windows, you can click on your little clock thing in the bottom right and select change time and date. You'll see your time zone, then, and what GMT value it is (I'm -6, ferex. EST is -5, if you're lazy :P), which would help people sync up with you. Also plenty of stuff online within range of a simple google search, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2014, 07:42:05 pm »

hm, lets start at saturday, 2pm, unless someones got any plans.
As a note, saturday is far less ideal than Sunday. As in, I have a larger chance of being interrupted, especially at 2PM PST and later.

Mm... if you're on windows, you can click on your little clock thing in the bottom right and select change time and date. You'll see your time zone, then, and what GMT value it is (I'm -6, ferex. EST is -5, if you're lazy :P), which would help people sync up with you. Also plenty of stuff online within range of a simple google search, heh.
If you have Windows 7, you can also choose "additional clocks" and set it up for specific timeframes you would want to keep track of. Very useful.

Also, Aklyon, you available on Sunday? Maybe we should set up with the group we had last time, give or take, and aim to finish the game we started.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2014, 07:44:23 pm »

we can do both days.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2014, 07:47:13 pm »

If you have Windows 7, you can also choose "additional clocks" and set it up for specific timeframes you would want to keep track of. Very useful.
Vista can too, apparently. Just tried it, heh. Wouldn't be surprised if XP had the functionality as well, but I don't have access to XP, ha.
Ask not!
Ask!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2014, 09:07:12 pm »

Vista can too, apparently. Just tried it, heh. Wouldn't be surprised if XP had the functionality as well, but I don't have access to XP, ha.

Windows 8 has it as well, surprisingly enough. I thought they stripped out most everything to fit in that horrendous tile shit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2014, 09:28:13 am »

Windows 8 has it as well, surprisingly enough. I thought they stripped out most everything to fit in that horrendous tile shit.
Afaik they didn't strip out anything that wasn't directly tied into the taskbar, they just made the UI terrible to remind everyone that touchscreen monitors are not as common as MS thought they were. Or something.

Anyway I can probably do Sunday, yeah. Though Peacemaker isn't the most interesting AI type to play against with its masses of mass drivers, I suppose we should finish the game.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:30:11 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2014, 11:35:17 am »

MEET UP IN STEAM GROUP CHAT.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:11:16 pm by wer6 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2014, 11:46:53 am »

... I'll be there probably around 1:30, your time, if nothing comes up. Taking a short nap.

Well, m'technically already in the chatroom, but I'mma' be asleep for a bit.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

Pretty important update, this one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »

*flails* Ah, apologies for the sudden dip. Wasn't warned of incoming, et al, and I hadn't seen this particular person face to face in probably a month and a half or so.

In my defense, I ended up being gifted with something like two months worth of pepperoni and nearly a pound of jerky, soo... *cough* You folks are great, but a glory of meat is of greater concern than AI War :P

Should be good for tomorrow, though.
Ask not!
Ask!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2014, 08:19:34 am »

Turns out, i am free to play for sunday,all day...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2014, 04:06:14 am »

Who's up for next weekend or somewhere thereabouts?

And should we attempt to finish an in-progress game or start a new one?

Edit: Though, there certainly is a veeery tempting reason to start a new one, from the 7.013 patch:
Oh, and just one more minor change: you can now right-click a starting-location planet in the lobby to change its bonus ship type (via a list that pops up)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 04:56:12 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2014, 05:25:37 am »

Sunday sound good. From 8pm GMT?

I'd prefer if like last time I could just have the direct connection instead of hamachi if that's possible.

----

So what are the best bonus units? Shredders seem popular. I like the idea behind the stealth frigates and medical frigates, though I wonder how useful they'd actually be.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18