Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 57002 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 2: Great Clouds roll over the hills
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2014, 11:28:00 pm »

EBWOP
Also, because loyaltyscans are not tied to loyalty (go figure), it would be perfectly safe for the owner of such a scan to reveal their result tonight.
Really? Where did you get this information?

B) He defends Tawa, whom I also see as scum, and claims him to be a "null-read".
...Expound on 'defends'. So what if you see him as scum-does that mean anyone who goes and states an opinion of Tawa as scum, too?
Where did you see Tawa as scum? Could you bother to link and quote the exact posts?
You never replied to me about the link and quoting the exacts.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2014, 11:31:33 pm »

EBWOP
Also, because loyaltyscans are not tied to loyalty (go figure), it would be perfectly safe for the owner of such a scan to reveal their result tonight.
(continuing my line of thought from the "murder their faces bit")

First, answer Tiruin, where are you getting this from?

Now.
Let's say that the loyalty checker claims, and tells us.
If they are town: They will get murderstomped come nightfall.
If they are scum: We are putting our trust into the scum team to root out scum for us.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2014, 12:22:30 am »

(About to go to bed, no time to get the relevant quotes ATM)

Uh... Hmm. I guess that's a good point, it IS possible that the only possibility if the loyaltyscanner isn't town is he's scum; meaning if he's not scum, I guess he WOULD get killed right off.
Whoops.

Also, Sorry, Tir, really thought you were a He. Avatar is a he and all. Sorry.

My proof to why YOU started the wagon: You were the first one to call IG scummy at all, and basically kept encouraging everyone to vote for him.

OK, it makes you grumpy, not scummy. You're still scummy, and scum are usually grumpy about being scum and/or about being accused of being scum.

I do reply to those sentences. By saying I do not understand them, they DON'T PARSE. It's like saying
Code: [Select]
endif
if (X>Y) then
DoLoop (1:10)
Initialize X
Else
Initialize Y
EndDoLoop
I just don't understand your sentences, your words. It's like a piece of code taken out of context, shoved into the wrong context, and then rearranged with a fireaxe. And it's obviously not a cipher, so I don't know what to make of those sentences.

Also, you're trying to make me say "I am scum" or "I think you're scum because I know you are we are in the scumchat together" through some form of circular logic; I can't parse this logic because I am not scum and your sentence structure is dependent of something that on my end simply does not exist; I am not scum and your attempts to make me say I am just don't make sense to me.

OK, I said I was getting sidetracked with the whole Null/Neutral thing. No need to get grumpy over that.
And no, I don't understand the words "Concluding before anything". That's putting your do loop in seperate sections of your backwards if statement again. I cannot parse that.

@Cheese: He implies you have no concept of time, and drives you to do his questioning for him; I don't know if that's how you're interpreting it, but that's what I'm seeing.

@Tir again: He was obviously acting scummy there, and you still insisted that he was a neutral read, even posted in a way that looks like you were telling him to tone down the scummyness. No-one else is doing that for him. At worst, Mastahcheese says he's giving Tawa the benefit of the doubt for now. You're just... being... I want to say "obtuse" about it.

Though, it probably looks to you like I'm being obtuse, too.

So yeah, whereas there is no language barrier, there is DEFINITELY a bit of a parsing barrier between us.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2014, 12:39:41 am »

My proof to why YOU started the wagon: You were the first one to call IG scummy at all, and basically kept encouraging everyone to vote for him.
Again, your proof? "Basically kept encouraging everyone to vote him" is pretty much an active action expressed in my post, right? So where is it?!
Also, "wagon"? You seem to be blaming a 'wagon' on me for...what? What is this 'wagon' that you speak of?

I do reply to those sentences. By saying I do not understand them, they DON'T PARSE. It's like saying
Code: [Select]
endif
if (X>Y) then
DoLoop (1:10)
Initialize X
Else
Initialize Y
EndDoLoop
I just don't understand your sentences, your words. It's like a piece of code taken out of context, shoved into the wrong context, and then rearranged with a fireaxe. And it's obviously not a cipher, so I don't know what to make of those sentences.
Problem?
You don't tell me what exact sentences you're talking about! If it's the darn terminology, then I'd be happy to simplify it for you HOWEVER I do NOT know where is the exact point you're being confused on so I can't do one darn thing but repeat it in different verses in the hope of you getting it right.

Also, you're trying to make me say "I am scum" or "I think you're scum because I know you are we are in the scumchat together" through some form of circular logic; I can't parse this logic because I am not scum and your sentence structure is dependent of something that on my end simply does not exist; I am not scum and your attempts to make me say I am just don't make sense to me.
How in the nine circles of inferno does this make sense? I'm trying to make you say...you're scum.
Why would you even do that when all I ask is an answer to my questions? Take my perspective: From reading this point, right here, I'm being more convinced that you're seeing yourself as some sort of victim-logic. What DOESN'T make sense is how I'm 'trying to make you say that you are scum'. Especially that second part on whatever the scumchat is.
Could you explain to me how you got to that logic in the first place? Maybe that's where your parser is! Guilt! >_>
What structure is dependant on what? My question was poised neutrally--I find it strange for you to see wrong where there is no wrong at all, thus reinforcing my belief that you've something 'hidden in your sleeve' regarding your true intentions of answering my questions.
You don't ask "Tiruin, could you reword [this quote]?" No! You instantaneously conclude without giving context.

PS: How would I even know if you're not scum? That's by checking. Your repetition of this exact phrase exists TWICE here. I'm a philosopher by analysis, and a psychologist by act: Take my note when I say that I really feel like you're trying to prove something without any backing, here. You aren't scum? Ok, sure, I respect that opinion--that's what anyone can say, by the way--but where is the connection to what you're saying there?

And no, I don't understand the words "Concluding before anything". That's putting your do loop in seperate sections of your backwards if statement again. I cannot parse that.
...What I mean is that you 'conclude' = stating a declarative sentence as how you already see my post instead of asking me, at all, about my post if you were confused about it. That doesn't make any sense on why you wouldn't do so--because if you did, then you wouldn't be in such a hurry to jump to conclusions, so to speak.

@Tir again: He was obviously acting scummy there, and you still insisted that he was a neutral read, even posted in a way that looks like you were telling him to tone down the scummyness. No-one else is doing that for him. At worst, Mastahcheese says he's giving Tawa the benefit of the doubt for now. You're just... being... I want to say "obtuse" about it.

Though, it probably looks to you like I'm being obtuse, too.

So yeah, whereas there is no language barrier, there is DEFINITELY a bit of a parsing barrier between us.
*facepalms*
WHERE IS HE ACTING SCUMMY?1 WHAT POST, IS HE, ACTING SCUMMY? THAT IS WHAT I'M ASKING.
PLEASE QWUOTE WHERE TAWAROCHIR IS ACTING SCUMMY, IN YOUR DEFINITIION OF SCUMMY, BECAUSE WHERE I CAN SEE IT, HE'S FLAILING AROUND AND VOTE-JUMPING BECAUSE HES COTRADCITING HIMSELF.

And I'm not being 'obtuse' about it. Do you not see my questions directed at him?

Also please answer this:
EBWOP
(continuing my line of thought from the "murder their faces bit")

First, answer Tiruin, where are you getting this from?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 17, 2014, 12:43:06 am »

tl;dr: What I'm saying, flabort, is that you should expound on what details you're trying to put out. Expound = present it in an organized manner. You say I'm scummy because [reasons]. Detail those reasons-then the posts where you got those reasons from.
You say Tawa is scummy. Detail those posts where he is scummy and why he is scummy.
Explain why me and him are somewhat connected because we both think you as scummy. I gave my reasons for why I think you're scummy--please address what parts you don't get by using the quote () button and putting those statements in there.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2014, 06:15:06 pm »

flabort: The points you and Tiruin are arguing about, are all very nice and such, but you are wrong in the fact that scummy=scum. Scummy means, by definition, action in a manner that seems like the person is scum, or acting in an odd, manner. Scum means... well scum.

Many newbies act scummy... but are not scum. ( I know this from personal experience ;) ). And I'd say Tawa is one of those scummy, but not scum people. The quick reactions surely suggest that, and Tawa, being flustered for being pointed out as scum... is well, quite flustered.

Whitius: Are you a he or a she?

What do you think about the other people, and do you understand the concept of participating and pushing and attacking people even when you don't think you can attack them for it?

I think you are scum because you just conformed to what other people thought yesterday, In my eyes, either you point out the reason, be one of the first people to suggest it, or attack the people who did vote him to see what other information you can glean.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2014, 07:04:20 pm »

The day has been mod-extended one day to account for unfortunate circumstances.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »

Extend. Apologies for my absence, I'm having to deal with some problems here (had a transfer request denied, so I got to take an incredibly hard (and long) test instead at the end of the year, which means I need to get into a course for that).

This post will be a bit content-light, but the reads I promised:

Caz, Jiokuy: Low activity, null despite that
Persus: Should be replaced, since he pretty much isn't playing. I assume real life as reason, but still needs to be replaced or show up.
Mastahcheese, TDS: Leaning town
Tiruin, Whitius: Null.
Flarbot: Agressive, but posts seems to be lacking in proof (even if in the sense that the proof is not presented together with the post, even if it may exist) to back their accusations. Clearly used to another meta. I'll adress in another post when I can.
Tawarochir: Looks a lot like a flailing newbie. But a flailing newbie can still be scum. Could answer Tiruin's queries. Same as above.
IG: Flipped, so it doesn't matter
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2014, 07:25:36 pm »

Ugh, forgot SBC. That'd be a null.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2014, 08:50:11 pm »

Can we has votecounts? :3

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »

Can we has votecounts? :3
YOu're making the mod work...

Okay, votecount coming after dinner.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2014, 08:58:31 pm »

Oops. :X
Didn't think that the unfortunate circumstances are related to that...get well soon, and enjoy your dinner! :))

Extend. Apologies for my absence, I'm having to deal with some problems here (had a transfer request denied, so I got to take an incredibly hard (and long) test instead at the end of the year, which means I need to get into a course for that).
*hugs* because hugs = everything benevolent I mean towards you...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2014, 09:12:27 pm »

Didn't think that the unfortunate circumstances are related to that...get well soon, and enjoy your dinner! :))
You seem to be under the impression I am ill? Not in the traditional sense, certainly

Votecount:
Mastahcheese: Whitius Opus,
Caz:
TheDarkStar:
Persus13:
Tiruin: Flabort,
Deathsword (extend used):
Tawarochir: TheDarkStar,
Flabort: Tawarochir, Tiruin,
WhitiusOpus: Superblackcat,
Jiokuy:
Superblackcat: Persus13,
NoLynch:

Not voting: Deathsword, Caz, Jiokuy, mastahcheese,

Day Ends 8:00 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, March 17

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2014, 09:22:28 pm »

You seem to be under the impression I am ill? Not in the traditional sense, certainly
Well I do...sense...unease. Something is really bothering you.
I suggest you to relax and focus on something that won't bother you! :O

SBC: I do hope you'll get those reads soon! :I
What is your full opinion on flabort and I?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »

From what I can see, flabort and Tiruin have mostly lost their original points that they were arguing over. Currently, flabort says that Tiruin needs to explain more by posting more clearly, and Tiruin says that flabort needs to explain more by using explanations and quotes. While beneficial to be said, it doesn't really help find scum.

However, there is Tiruin's defense of Tawa:
*facepalms*
WHERE IS HE ACTING SCUMMY?1 WHAT POST, IS HE, ACTING SCUMMY? THAT IS WHAT I'M ASKING.
PLEASE QUOTE WHERE TAWAROCHIR IS ACTING SCUMMY, IN YOUR DEFINITION OF SCUMMY, BECAUSE WHERE I CAN SEE IT, HE'S FLAILING AROUND AND VOTE-JUMPING BECAUSE HES CONTRADICTING HIMSELF.

Why do you not define self-contradicting as scummy?

flabort:
Here's my proposition: We beat Tiruin today. If he turns out to be town, someone with a loyaltyscan check me tonight and reveal results. Then we jail Tawa the next day, and either Hammer Tiruin when he comes out the day after, or jail me.

A similar idea would work: Beat one person, inspect the other, and then have the inspector either tell people if he found scum or say nothing (and especially not claiming) if he didn't find anything. If nothing is said, we assume the inspected person to be town. If he's scum, both the town and the scum lose one person, but it's much worse for the scum. Using this, we'd be able to determine if either you or Tiruin are scum without necessarily losing people from the town.

My reads:

Mastahcheese: He's been asking questions to clarify arguments between people. Nothing scummy, but nothing that screams town. Slight Town lean.
Caz: Lurking. Slight scum lean for this.
TheDarkStar: ME!
Persus13: Lurking. Slight scum lean for this.
Tiruin: I'm not sure. She is actively defending a scummy person, so slight scum lean, but that could change a lot depending on what happens on Twilight/Night 2 and Day 3.
Deathsword: Hasn't done much. Null read.
IG. Flipped town.
Tawa: Votes because other people vote and provides almost no reasons. Scum lean; my vote is staying where it is for now.
Flabort: Same kind of thing as Tiruin; slight scum lean until the events of the next twilight and night happen.
Whitius: Lurking/active lurking. Slight scum lean for this.
Jiokey: Lurking. Slight scum lean for this.
SBC: He has not posted much so far. What he has said has added to the discussion, though. Slight town lean.

All you lurkers: Get in here and post!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35