Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56931 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 2: Great clouds roll over the hills
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2014, 08:48:00 pm »

I thought the vote was the pressure. I want you to sweat and trip over something, revealing whether or not you're scum.
I feel like I'm getting more aggressive, but if you need specific questions:
Why can't I get a read on you? Is it because you're that good at hiding scummyness? Or because you're not paying attention (and are town)? Or maybe you're a third party that is directly opposed to town goals?

Tawarochir I do have to agree with TDS about how interesting it is you are to follow up my vote with one of your own.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »

I thought the vote was the pressure. I want you to sweat and trip over something, revealing whether or not you're scum.
I feel like I'm getting more aggressive, but if you need specific questions:
Why can't I get a read on you? Is it because you're that good at hiding scummyness? Or because you're not paying attention (and are town)? Or maybe you're a third party that is directly opposed to town goals?

Tawarochir I do have to agree with TDS about how interesting it is you are to follow up my vote with one of your own.

Until recently, I was active in two other games. One is winding down for the day, and I just died in the other, so I should be posting more frequently here. I have been paying attention, but I've been focusing on the other games more (especially the Beginner's Mafia).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2014, 10:45:51 pm »

So, mastahcheese, did you vote IG simply because he looked scummy? Or some other reason?
I voted him because the sort of things he was saying was simply too dangerous to not act on (in my opinion). If we didn't act now, and had left it, then it would have come up later, possibly when we didn't have the time to make a mistake on something like that.

And yes, I thought that looked scummy. Wouldn't you vote someone if they seemed scummy?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2014, 10:52:25 am »

-snip-

My vote had nothing to do with your vote, flabort. I had originally gone after him, but changed my mind in overwhelming fake evidence in Imperial.

You know, if so many weren't going after me or at least FoS'ing me, I'd think it was a coordinated mob effort.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2014, 11:16:14 am »

Once more, you return to the baron’s quarters for dinner.  You find the baron sitting at the head of the table, the food arrayed tastefully atop the table.  Everything seems as it was yesterday, except for one thing: there is one fewer chair.
“Well well, look who came back.  I didn’t think you all would dare show your faces after the debacle yesterday.  Come in, be seated, and begin.  Be more careful this time, please, it is quite tiresome to send people to the hospital because you can’t find a traitor.”
Silently, you file in and take your seats.  The baron picks up a pickled plump helmet and takes a bite.

Votecount:
Mastahcheese:
Caz:
TheDarkStar: Flabort, Tawarochir,
Persus13:
Tiruin:
Deathsword:
Tawarochir: Persus13, TheDarkStar,
Flabort:
WhitiusOpus: mastahcheese,
Jiokuy:
Superblackcat:
NoLynch:

Not voting: Tiruin, Superblackcat, Whitius Opus, Deathsword, Caz, Jiokuy,

Day Ends 8:00 pm Pacific Time on Monday, March 17

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2014, 10:07:09 am »

-snip-

My vote had nothing to do with your vote, flabort. I had originally gone after him, but changed my mind in overwhelming fake evidence in Imperial.

You know, if so many weren't going after me or at least FoS'ing me, I'd think it was a coordinated mob effort.
You said something that seemed scummy, so I used my vote to pressure you on it.

Unvote

Superblackcat, hat are your thoughts on the game so far and yesterday's "lynch"?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 2: REPLACEMENT NEEDED!!!
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2014, 10:22:02 am »

SuperBlackCat has been missing for a week and is going to be up for replacement tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:26:50 am by 4maskwolf »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2014, 11:43:49 am »

SO. I'm a silly fish for not posting and argh Finals but still I should've done my duty and bloody posted.
*Tiruin is throwing a tantrum.
She is quite content.

Mr. Cheese

Everyone:
If you would please be so kind as to provide reads, and your thought on IG flipping town manager.
Sans me doing anything or reading anything ~D2, they stay the same until I can get my mind in a nice atmosphere other than buzzing bees.
Meaning: Only difference is my explanation on IG, See below.

Flabort
Tiruin I genuinely felt you were pressing IG too hard and suspect you to be scummy or third party. What do you have to say about this?
...?
That I respect your opinion and genuinely think that you should explain why you think so--was the notion in the preface of how I approached IG? Why do I sense a 'scummy' instead of 'scum' and why Third-party?

Given that you're a newbie, I'd poke you that there's more like an assumed 'Why' in these kinds of scenarios. :)

But yeah. What I've to say is: "Why thank you, but why?"

WO (Any good acronym of your name, sir? :O)
Tiruin: You seemed very adamant that IG was either a horrible town, or scummy scum-scum. How do you react to this PLOT TWIST?
*Tiruin is the adamantines.
How do I react?
HOW DO I REACT?!
I get a subconscious note on M. Night Shamaylan's works and how..how he..well, excuse me for this but...how he BLOODY RUINED THE MAKING OF AVATAR. DEAR GODS WERE MANY MANY MANY THINGS WRONG THAT IT ISN'T EVEN RELATED AT ALL TO THE SOURCE!
Fan-rage over, I react accordingly:

"Ah."

Now here's my explanation (and continued from Mr. Cheese's work above): Why I unvoted was merely-in the public eye-a sense of unsurity, or possibly someone falling back to consider; why I explicitly unvoted (this is a serious post, for posterity) was due to me rationalizing the essence of his posts.
Yeah. There are those notes on him doing his brevity-the lack of backing, and basically many things which would give the regard of someone being chewed up due to unconventional behavior (especially in a BM), HOWEVER, I did note this: (and as a factor for posterity, Imp. Guardsman has..ADHD, as I recall? Or was it Aspergers? Anyways.), but that wasn't the primary factor in my read of him--just an aside in knowing the person behind the player (who I do believe is an awesome person despite his brevity. Yeah, that also means you, ZU. :I I'm grumpy!)

What I was thinking was on why in the world he'd be giving/telling posts in regard to 'guessing roles'. Yea, third-party-guess ahoy, but it didn't make sense on why he'd be giving a possible motive out as 'transparency' points. I fell back on understanding the person (take note: I did confuse the bolded portion here:
Voting for who to "lynch" proceeds as usual.  However, upon day end, the game enters a special "twilight" phase.  The twilight phase lasts 24 hours, or until I have all of the votes for choice of punishment.  The votes are secret, and the thread will be locked during both the twilight and night phases.
There are three choices for punishment: a beating (flips loyalty and removes the player from the game for a turn), jail sentence (flips loyalty and removes the player from the game for two turns), and hammering (death, and loyaltyflip as an aside).  Absence for a turn means missing the immediately following night and the next day night cycle, absence for two turns removes the player from the game for the next night and the next two day night cycles.  While removed from the game, the player cannot be targeted and cannot post in the thread or any chats they may be in.
with semantics taking over in the 'voting[...]as usual' and totally skipping over (well, my mind didn't register the 'However' acting in its use there) so I thought that whoever had the most votes would by lynched...then we'd be voting for someone else. Which didn't make sense but blurgh >_>
ANYWAY. When i fell back on understanding the person: I was OK with him being lynched-in the prospect above-because I do admit, he was being scummy. I was following the status quo in looking at him though, so a post like this triggers my 'brevity impulse'. Related, it didn't help though I didn't dig deeper at the time. This didn't help.

The only note that got me thinking back was the skim-reads. And my intuition...So I unvoted because I was terribly unsure on if he was scum or not (...but hilariously didn't do anything about it at day end because woohoo, unsurities~).

So yeah, that's my read. That, and I do very much suspect that the Manager role knows (and is pretty much like the Item: Intel under the first spoiler, ctrl + f, it.) in which the Manager knows every kinda ability presented towards everyone, but not who has it.

Problem being, and given that he mistook my ability, I do muchly believe he skewed those guess-posts. Why I believe so? I rely on hints. Just...teeny-tiny ones in getting a hypothesis set up.

Caz (also please be OK, IRL...)
In this post:
Where was IG 'threatening' the town?

Tawa
-snip-

"Nothing to do with TDS' vote"?
Really?
Tell me one thing: What did you take TDS' vote as? Meaning: How did you see his vote towards you be like?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2014, 12:18:53 pm »

hehehehhehehehehhehe, If Tiruin didn't ping me on IRC, I would've forgotten completely about this game.... hehehehheheheh

Rereading.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »

Why'd you forget? :I

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2014, 12:45:35 pm »

I'm not quite sure, I have random periods of my stay at bay12 that I just don't open anything bay12 related. It just... happens when I have lots of things to do, and bay12 slips from my mind...

ARgghhh

Persus: I'd still like IG dead :P. But frankly, the way I see it, is the moment he said 'beat me' voting should've been focused on someone else. It's like someone telling a cop to check them. Scum doesn't do that. If they do, there is a chance that cop would still do that.... Sooooooo....

Whitius Could we get some reasoning out of you, your play yesterday was completely, and utterly... BS. As much as I can't say you were lurking. You were lurking, and even worse, you were active lurking. Meaning you were actually there, and not posting. Tell me, did you have any reason, other than what everyone else said, to vote IG?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 2: Great Clouds roll over the hills
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2014, 01:13:35 pm »

Tiny counter-query SBC: You knew Whitius Opus was lurking when...
You have no posts beforehand? (and are/was technically, lurking?)

I'm not quite sure, I have random periods of my stay at bay12 that I just don't open anything bay12 related. It just... happens when I have lots of things to do, and bay12 slips from my mind...

ARgghhh
...You mean you notify'd this thread and didn't check your email? [Also Mastahcheese and the rest asked questions]

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »

I mean, reading through the posts, I believe I saw Whitius post 4 times, never mention he would be gone, and seem like he was here the whole time... just never post. That seems like active lurking. He never said 'sorry for being gone' or anything like that, something that signifies her not active lurking.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2014, 01:48:01 pm »

Hehehehe, I refered to whitius as both a male and a female >.>

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 1: Just a day, just an ordinary day
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2014, 01:50:49 pm »

But yeah. What I've to say is: "Why thank you, but why?"
Alright. Well, first, sensing "scummy" is the same as sensing "a scum", it's just a quirk of my use of English.
And second,
Spoiler: Long list of quotes (click to show/hide)
All in all, this tells me I've probably found two scum:
Tiruin and Tawa.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35