Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56999 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 2: Great Clouds roll over the hills
« Reply #285 on: March 18, 2014, 10:23:13 pm »

to all: Sorry to be seen as lurking, that wasn't my goal and I'm trying to get into this more, I just have a lot of projects to work on currently. I haven't had much time to play games, even if they're SRS BSNS MAFIA.
It's ok, life happens. We all know how it gets at times.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 19, 2014, 01:31:25 am »

TDS: Sarcasm be fun right? I'm neutral on everyone one... because none of you guys seem town. Most of you guys haven't really posted since I started playing. That's why I'm giving so many null reads. But I had fun being mean :P

Whit: Why do I not get a read?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 19, 2014, 01:45:45 am »

Tiruin: Why is self-contradiction an inherently scummy action? Could it also be a rookie mistake?

Caz: Y U NO HERE?
Good question. Very good question.
My basis in that part is on my newbieship years ago (...dear goodness. Has it been that long? I can remember this vividly and yet forget what my dream yesterday was. :X). See: Contradiction is more of a subconscious note in my book, or rather an act done when one isn't focused on the discussion at hand. It is in general, a scummy action due to the unfocused way one issues one's discourse. However it can also be said to be a neutral action if the speaker is under:
> Stress
> RL activities that take up most focus (ie Exams, Projects, Pressure; generally anything that disrupts the clarity of the mind and thinking)
However these can also be noted in how the person posts. The best method to clear this difference is to ask a question to the person.

That is why I'm poking flabort real hard. He's jumping to conclusions under a basis that isn't directly stated. Though Tawa is indicating self-contradiction, too, hence why I'm poking him there.

Now for it being a rookie mistake? My basis is, like I said, in my newbieship. I did NOT take any 'mistakes'. As a newbie, I firmly remember those times wherein I panicked over every word; made sure that certain terms were correct in their usage, plus semantic cues, and also ensured that what I said, I meant.

So no, I really and sincerely doubt it can be a rookie mistake, if and unless there are...differences in viewpoints. This is what I'm seeing in flabort, however the differences hold.

Tiruin: Very active in rooting out dissent, and seems to be everyone's current argue buddy. Town lean.
Dissent. I like that term! xD
Why dissent, though? Seems...out of place?

Also, argue buddy?

4Caz: Life Stuffs. :( I'd request 4mask to prod her in a nice way, but I dearly hope she's ok.

Jiokuy
flabort and TheDarkStar: I have not ran across many games where the mafia would forgo their night kill. Do you have any insight into this matter?

PS: Sorry about the delay. Back to back finals.
Why exactly ask a question to those two?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 19, 2014, 09:23:38 am »

TDS: Sarcasm be fun right? I'm neutral on everyone one... because none of you guys seem town. Most of you guys haven't really posted since I started playing. That's why I'm giving so many null reads. But I had fun being mean :P

Whit: Why do I not get a read?

Sorry, I put "etc." Next to Persus' for others I had not included in my reading, so yours is the same as his. I should've clarified better.

Quote from: Tiruin
Dissent. I like that term! xD
Why dissent, though? Seems...out of place?

Also, argue buddy?

I say dissent, because you seem to poke at those who don't agree with your standpoint more than others. As well you should, but that just felt... The best way to classify it, I guess.

I say argue buddy because you are the most involved now, as opposed to when you had your RL problems, and everyone was coming at you for your reasons, and have voted you as scum, even when they see a town lean. Basically, the current person to have an argument/discussion with.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 19, 2014, 12:19:42 pm »

SBC: Your reads seem to be written to incite people to vote for you (insults to the guy who reaction-votes, and almost everyone "leans scum" or is neutral), unless it's just sarcasm that I'm missing. There isn't a jester role, right?

Tawa: You still need to explain the things you are saying. You have lots of one-line voting posts, but there is not much reasoning for what you do. Also, your reads don't make you seem better. You consider Tiruin to be fine because she doesn't think you are scum, and you think me and Flabort and scum just because we voted for you. You don't consider Jiokuy to be scum for the same thing, but you seem oddly reluctant to have your loyalty shown. On the other hand, you don't explain your reasons for Mastahcheese being town and you consider Tiruin null, despite your description of her actions (which should probably be a town indicator for you). Can you explain your reads in more detail?

Jiokuy:

Tawarochir: It does not seem helpful, to town, to hard vote someone without also using your vote as a method of detecting their innocence. If we have to waste another night confirming town (praying there is not a cult(confirmed?)) you have come across as more worthy of a loyaltyflip than flabort.

flabort and TheDarkStar: I have not ran across many games where the mafia would forgo their night kill. Do you have any insight into this matter?

PS: Sorry about the delay. Back to back finals.

My guesses for the lack of a kill:
1. They were blocked, and the blocker is waiting to get confirmation.
2. The target was healed/protected.
3. The scum didn't kill to confuse blockers and cause a mislynch.

I do not find you scummy for voting me. You have simply been... if anything, you haven't given me any reason to not consider you scum.

Ok, first off, saying stuff like that what with the evil laugh is generally considered rather odd, unless you are being overtly sarcastic with fake [sarcasm] tags and all that.
Just saying.

Also,
Mastahcheese: Leaning town.
You gave at least a bit of explanation into your reads for everybody, except me. Is there nothing at all to say?

Fair point.

Ahem...
Mastahcheese has been, at the very least, er...

On second thought, you haven't really given a lead since day 1. Neutral.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 19, 2014, 01:13:10 pm »

Quote from: tawa rockier
I do not find you scummy for voting me. You have simply been... if anything, you haven't given me any reason to not consider you scum.

This is, to my perspective, a very scummy way of seeing things. Or at least, very distrustful of everyone around you, leading to the conclusion that you believe everyone is your enemy. The "Guilty until proven innocent" Is a very scummy take on proceedings, rather than "Innocent until proven Guilty".

I would vote you to put pressure on, but I'm currently focused on Jiokuy's logic.

As well, you say that mastahcheese hasn't given you a lead, although he has one of the highest post counts. You also keep giving one-line answers, even after someone has called you out on it. Care to explain?

Actually, I think I should put some pressure on.
unvote Jiokuy, vote Tawarochir
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:46 pm »

You know what? Fine, beat me, jail me, kill me. It'll only help the mafia. Enjoy dying. I'm not changing my vote.

That is all.

On second thought, my accusations of DarkStar were unfounded. I am sorry for doubting you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 19, 2014, 02:34:24 pm »

You know what? Fine, beat me, jail me, kill me. It'll only help the mafia. Enjoy dying. I'm not changing my vote.

That is all.

On second thought, my accusations of DarkStar were unfounded. I am sorry for doubting you.

Look, sorry for seemingly accusing you, that may seem harsh. But this may also be a ploy to draw attention away from yourself. Just... PLEASE PROVIDE SOME SUBSTANCE TO YOUR POSTS.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 19, 2014, 02:36:09 pm »

Tawarochir: Could I please get an answer to my questions?

Also:
PLEASE PROVIDE SOME SUBSTANCE TO YOUR POSTS.
Unless your...explanation is that you fear something?
The Mayor's patience is wearing thin.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 19, 2014, 04:13:46 pm »

The Captain of the Guard's patience is wearing thin, too.

Ok, look, I made a lot of posts from a mobile and it's annoying as crap to go get quotes.

Alright, so...

Tawarochir: Could I please get an answer to my questions?

Also:
PLEASE PROVIDE SOME SUBSTANCE TO YOUR POSTS.
Unless your...explanation is that you fear something?
The Mayor's patience is wearing thin.

What questions, again?

That is all.

Look, sorry for seemingly accusing you, that may seem harsh. But this may also be a ploy to draw attention away from yourself. Just... PLEASE PROVIDE SOME SUBSTANCE TO YOUR POSTS.

Substance? Ok then...

Let me put down some re-reads....

TIRUIN: Very active in searching, questioning, and posting in general. Heavy town lean.*
WHITIUSOPUS: Semi-active. I haven't seen enough of him to get a good read on him.
MASTAHCHEESE: Due to Day One's events, he seems to be leaning town.*
DARKSTAR: His posts are in general very neutral, but his looking into things and questioning seems to give him a very slight town lean.
SBC: Er, I don't see enough from SBC to get a read.
JIOKUY: Almost immediately jumped me. Scum lean.
MOSTLY EVERYONE ELSE: A lot of you seem to be major lurkers and thus get a minor scum lean from not participating and being too quiet.
ME: I keep making dumb decisions, piggybacking, and not giving substance to my posts. I feel slightly dumb now due to this.

Ok, substance.

*This town lean comes with the price of the possibility of a mafioso trying to look town-ish to evade scumminess, giving a simultaneous minor scum lean.

LASTLY

My vote remains on flabort for overall scumminess. However...

Jiokuy, you jumped on me almost instantly. Thoughts?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 19, 2014, 05:42:53 pm »

Ok, look, I made a lot of posts from a mobile and it's annoying as crap to go get quotes.

If you had said anything about this (or that I missed it >_<) beforehand, then it'd explain your brevity...
:/

*This town lean comes with the price of the possibility of a mafioso trying to look town-ish to evade scumminess, giving a simultaneous minor scum lean.
You've a point, however I do also take note that there doesn't seem to be a differential line between those two as your opinion--do you have an opinion on where those instances differentiate themselves?

Jiokuy, you jumped on me almost instantly. Thoughts?
...You're asking us to examine this case, I take it?
Well, I can see that you FoS'd him--and have to ask why you suspect him other than pointing a finger, figuratively and literally.

My thoughts are: "Hey, he found something to find as scummy, let's see how he pulls through with it. *activates observe mode*, or how he actually suspects Tawa...
But let's also look at his reply. Hmmm..."

JIOKUY: Almost immediately jumped me. Scum lean.
I'm seriously getting a hard nudge that you've the characteristic of having the viewpoint of personalism. Why do you see people attacking you as scummy?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 19, 2014, 06:42:16 pm »

Tawarochir
Are you saying you are the captain of the guard?

Furthermore you've done some pretty useless posts, pus a few with general reads. Example of useless post below.
Mua ha ha. You've all fallen into my trap and think I am but a scummy noob.

MUA HA HA HA!

Anyway, yeah, my vote is firmly on flabort. Don't expect to see me for a bit.
Not only that, but no reasons on that vote. Why no reasons?

These kinds of posts look at lot like active lurking. You are not contributing anything to the game, and are not even trying to mask it (the latter bit I guess it's due to you just being new. This does not eliminate the inherent scuminess of active-lurking).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 19, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »

Tawarochir

Furthermore you've done some pretty useless posts, pus a few with general reads. Example of useless post below.

MUA HA HA HA!

These kinds of posts look at lot like active lurking. You are not contributing anything to the game, and are not even trying to mask it (the latter bit I guess it's due to you just being new. This does not eliminate the inherent scuminess of active-lurking).

That post was a dumb move.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 19, 2014, 07:03:00 pm »

Tawarochir

MUA HA HA HA!

That post was a dumb move.

Answer my question about the captain of the guard. A yes or no will be enough.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 19, 2014, 07:09:42 pm »

Oh, sorry. Yeah, I am.

If I were to ask to quit, 4maskwolf, what would you say?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35