Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56918 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 1: Just a day, just an ordinary day
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2014, 12:41:10 pm »

I'm going to post again, and try to make myself sound as not scummy as possible by pretending all that other crap didn't happen.

So, how's it going? Fine weather we're having here.

What do you guys think about "tells" of someone being a cop/doctor/mafioso? I think that they seem at least sort of semi-reliable.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2014, 01:09:28 pm »

*Sigh* It seems like a waste to lynch a guy just to prove he is town, but I can understand the need. 9 hours to Lynch.!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2014, 02:37:00 pm »

Beat me, so you can see Im telling the truth and that I am a loyalist.
*facepalms*
Everygame.
Everytime.
You should LEARN from everytime you do something illogical, and not keep touting it.

Query for you: Make sense of my brevity.
Imperial Guardsman.
Beats me how you're a loyalist.
Tiruin, I don't think he is saying "Beats me, maybe you should lynch me to prove my point."
He's saying "Why don't you vote for me to undergo a beating, rather than a more severe punishment, since you will see what my alignment is."

That's at least why I'm keeping my vote on him, I'll just vote for a beating for him in the Twilight step, since a jail sentence or a hammering isn't really called for right now.
As for the "day 3 vs. day 5", keep in mind that while he's here as a confirmed townie (if, in fact, he turns out to be) then that will be a longer time that the scum will waste time trying to get rid of him, which we could use to our advantage to find the scum.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »

That's at least why I'm keeping my vote on him, I'll just vote for a beating for him in the Twilight step, since a jail sentence or a hammering isn't really called for right now.
As for the "day 3 vs. day 5", keep in mind that while he's here as a confirmed townie (if, in fact, he turns out to be) then that will be a longer time that the scum will waste time trying to get rid of him, which we could use to our advantage to find the scum.
That is WIFOM, though you don't mean to cause confusion. Most of the time, scum will simply ignore the confirmed townie and go for the others. People are expected to protect the confirmed town, thus the scum won't bother attacking that player, focusing on the others. It's how I've seen it happen so far, and what I would do.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »

Tiruin, I don't think he is saying "Beats me, maybe you should lynch me to prove my point."
He's saying "Why don't you vote for me to undergo a beating, rather than a more severe punishment, since you will see what my alignment is."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2014, 04:18:29 pm »

::)
The thing I hate most? People not trying.
IG, is not trying.
If he's town, then he's relying on mechanics. Game mechanics to prove himself innocent.
I hate that kind of player, because in that situation--it wastes a time wherein we can prove someone else out with that kind of logic.
He wants to be proven so bad? Play the game.
But bloody hell. I've just gone through the worst psychological nightmare I've ever seen and woohoo I'm awake!
Unvote.

You disgust me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2014, 04:24:00 pm »

But bloody hell. I've just gone through the worst psychological nightmare I've ever seen and woohoo I'm awake!

You disgust me.
(I'm sorry.... Do you need hugs?)
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2014, 04:31:19 pm »

...I can do this.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2014, 04:39:19 pm »

Ok. If you don't want us to use the D1 lynch on IG, who would you suggest?
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2014, 04:50:16 pm »

Oh no, I really want to D1 Lynch IG. I'm just not in a good mood to think about it in the right way post-nightmare. I'd love to get IG lynched on these grounds of efficiency, practicality and outright utility, but he's pulling that card again and I'm just tired of dealing with people who don't care (or on an optimist viewpoint: He really has a..an obstacle in conveying himself correctly)

So yeah.

However compared to Tawa, I can see sincerity, and him bloody trying. What I can't get are the votes stationed on the guy on whether they're pressure or not--not that I read them fully due to Finals and ahaha work! TDS/IG: Explain your vote on Tawarochir.
Including you, Imperial Guardsman--why are you voting Tawa? Why does that make him scum?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2014, 05:16:04 pm »

Reads, on how matter-ful they are right now...

Mastahcheese - Reading town-y to me. DOn't ask why. No it isn't his recent posts to help me and my self-stuff, it's in how he does his posts. Argh this linear form of speaking I wish we can speak with our thoughts instead
ANYWAY: Nothing pings me on him being scum. I see benevolent intent in his communication patterns and even in those patterns I don't see any wrong in them nor any ulterior motive he's pressing. If scum, in which I would throw in my doubt even at this point in time, then he's playing it safely and going non-aggressive. Poking around a lot. Very good.

Caz - Despite what brevity I associate with her, she's reading town. No, the brevity doesn't have anythhing to d with it-its the essence of what's in her post that matters to me. She plays really well, and does much when she's doing ok--only that she's not doing OK that much I can feel, which is my best guess on the matter--but in regard to how she pursues her methods of communication, she's doing quite well I can see. No note of aggressive lurking, poking or such that calls in a leak or lacking wording in between the lines. Leaning towny-null here. Couple her up with Mr. Cheese in how she's doing.

TheDarkStar - A bit tough to decide, leading on null. I'm not well associated with assertiveness and its difference to aggression, though I can see those subtle differences in there. There are notes like this meant in a speculative way to find out what the target thinks, however I- well. He hasn't replied as of late.

Persus13 - ...This guy reads town-ish despite my eyes skimming over his words and not remembering many things in exacts.

Tiruin - Bleh.

Deathsword -...This guy reads town-ish despite my eyes skimming over his words and not remembering many things in exacts. Also, storm.

Jiokuy - I don't have enough of a read on this person.

Superblackcat - ... :/ I'd say 'he's playing?' but skimming gives me notes and that'd be rude twice-over. I haven't enough of any good read other than he's replying due to busy-ness.

Imperial Guardsman - I'd really love to lynch him, but I'm considering how he's going about the matter. It REALLY wants to scream scummy, but I'm tangled in this web of 'I know there's something not right there' and 'oh goodness is that something bad or good?!'. If he did offer the detail on beating instead of anything else, then it dictates that either he's going for a low card to save his life, or he values himself in such a way that he'd go for that last step in seeing himself through. If in however he does get lynched-and is the maint arget for such, I will grant my pardon towards him UNLESS the second target is...well, Tawarochir.

Tawarochir - Yeah this dude is reading not-scummy due to his posts, his wording, his implied intent in my perception, and other details that do not ping my scum meter. Yes, there's the note of not knowing what to do. Yes there's the idea of him jumping to conclusions easily...and Yes, there is that assumption that he should act towards what the status quo expects, but I don't see the drive behind it that marks him out as someone who means malice or is acting by another's veiled accord. Perhaps someone conforming to what our atmosphere and mindsets go along with, but I don't see the craven attitude I'd act upon to give bad note of him.
On that note, @Tawa: Be yourself. :p

Flabort - Presses on metaknowledge--wherein metaknowledge begins with what he had experienced to what he is experiencing now to influence his perception. It is an interesting find that I'd like to know which forum he's getting his sources from and how his mind ticks, however I do see him trying despite the unavailable alternative of 'you should be trying' as per this note. Null-townish

WhitiusOpus: ...x_x Goes in with SBC.

Sorry peoples, Finals.  :'(

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2014, 05:24:37 pm »

a..an obstacle
Oh, Im sorry, is my uncontrollable genetic flaw a defect? Should I go to the doctor and get brain surgery to cure it? OH WAIT.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2014, 05:27:29 pm »

You don't detail many things you post with, is what I mean. Not you, as a person, I'm talking about that side of you which you choose to show when you're posting. I never target or speak against the person, per se.

And that sarcasm. It doesn't bode well.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2014, 05:43:34 pm »

IG
Would you answer Tiruin's question? Why are you voting Tawa?
And also, even if we do beat you and get an alignment out of you, then will you actually help the town? Is it worth our time?
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2014, 06:35:50 pm »

IG

Mastahcheese and Tiruin have good points. Why are you voting me? Because I am accusing you?

Reads, on how matter-ful they are right now...
-snip-
Tawarochir - Yeah this dude is reading not-scummy due to his posts, his wording, his implied intent in my perception, and other details that do not ping my scum meter. Yes, there's the note of not knowing what to do. Yes there's the idea of him jumping to conclusions easily...and Yes, there is that assumption that he should act towards what the status quo expects, but I don't see the drive behind it that marks him out as someone who means malice or is acting by another's veiled accord. Perhaps someone conforming to what our atmosphere and mindsets go along with, but I don't see the craven attitude I'd act upon to give bad note of him.
On that note, @Tawa: Be yourself. :p
-snip-

D'aww, thanks. Now I feel special.  :)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35