Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 6: Game Over, Town victory!  (Read 56914 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 1: Just a day, just an ordinary day
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2014, 06:38:21 pm »

I think we should beat him today, because otherwise he'll be something of an unknown and that could seriously mess up the late-game when we won't have room for error. The lynch-system of this setup allows us to see if he is harmless to the town or not, and we should take advantage of it.

Also, IG, seriously, try to play better. You could be a better player if you tried to scum-hunt, even if laconically, instead of just performing dismissals.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2014, 07:23:21 pm »

Heyo everyone.

I just realized that because of daylight savings time in the United States, the day is actually ending at 10 forum time today because of the forum clock not changing.  That means you have 2.5 hours to make your final changes or request an extension.

I'll see you then.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2014, 08:53:42 pm »

About one hour till the end of the day.  The thread will be locked at day end, followed by an explanation of twilight rules and day end flavor.  Please do not send me anything until that post is made.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2014, 09:28:21 pm »

*looks at time*
March 10, 2014, 09:27:29 pm
thirty minutes left. :V

>.>
<.<
*grabs notes and hurries*

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2014, 10:19:57 pm »

The arguments continue interminably, accusations and excuses and challenges flying back and forth.  All the while the baron watches, an inexplicable smile on his face.  Finally, he raises a hand for silence.
“It is time for us to adjourn this meeting.  Make your final decisions now.  Who is a traitor?”
TheDarkStar steps forward, “I believe it is Tawarochir.”
Imperial Guardsman leaps to his feet, “Tawarochir is a traitor, I feel it in my bones.”
Mastahcheese gives him a suspicious look before standing, “To the contrary, I believe that it is you, Imperial.”
Before Imperial could answer, Whitius Opus pipes up, “yeah, it’s you.”
Perus13 seems about to agree, then pauses, “Whituis... Opus.”
Tawarochir stands, pointing an accusing finger at Imperial Guardsman, “You.”
Deathsword slams his hands into the table, causing everyone to jump, “Imperial Guardsman”
Caz speaks up from the far end of the table, “Well, it’s obviously Imperial Guardsman”
Silence fills the room for a moment, before a quiet voice says, “Whitius Opus, that was mighty quick of you to jump on Guardsman”.  A brief glance reveals the speaker to be Jiokuy.
Tiruin seems ready to speak, but then pauses, before finally closing her mouth without a sound.
“Well, is that everyone?”
Nobody moves to answer.
“Very well then.  Take some time to decide how you will punish Imperial Guardsman, and get back to me with your choices.”

The order the votes were cast in were not necessarily the actual order, I just have them down that way.  Also, the flavor of the way the vote was cast or the logic thereof is merely me making stuff up, not any judgement on the players.

Twilight phase: During twilight, you may send me a pm containing your vote for punishment and any twilight actions you can perform to me.  Twilight lasts for 24 hours or until all pms have been sent.  There are no extensions, and any pms sent after the deadline will not be used.
This is a private vote, nobody else will know what you vote for.

Oh, and to answer a question for night phase: a pm sent to you with results of your night action may have a character referred to as he or she.  This is not based on the actual gender of the player, but on a gender I have behind the screen for the role.  It plays no purpose other than fluff, so I didn't add it to your role pms.  If you want to know it, I can send you it on request.
The thread will now be locked until night begins, and then until the next day starts.

Final votecount:
Mastahcheese: 
Caz:
TheDarkStar:
Persus13:
Tiruin:
Deathsword:
Imperial Guardsman: mastahcheese, Whitius Opus, Tawarochir, Deathsword, Caz,
Tawarochir: TheDarkStar, Imperial Guardsman,
Flabort:
WhitiusOpus: Persus13, Jiokuy,
Jiokuy:
Superblackcat:
NoLynch:

Not voting: Tiruin, Flabort, Superblackcat,
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:35:23 pm by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Twilight 1: Find him, bind him
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2014, 06:11:28 pm »

Alright, I have a majority on the punishment, so even though we don't have every vote in yet I'm going to start the night phase:

The room falls deathly quiet, no dwarf daring to speak their mind.  The baron sighs, gripping the edge of his chair and hauling himself to his feet.  The creaking of the chair breaks the awful silence, but only for a moment.  With his magisterial robes flowing around him, the baron limps to each one of you in turn, as each dwarf points at parts of the tablet in turn.  When he is done, the baron limps back to his seat, lowering himself with a sigh.
“Well, everyone, it appears we have a majority decision.  Imperial Guardsman, do you have anything to say for yourself?”
“I do,” Imperial Guardsman growls, rising to his feet, “You’ll be sorry afterwards, condemning an innocent dwarf like this.”
“So it will be recorded.  GUARDS!”
With barely a squeak, the doors slide open to admit two heavily armed guards in full battle armor.
“Take this one away and beat him.  Get someone to search his room and one of those insufferable peasants to carry him to the hospital afterwards.”
Without a word, the guards advance, grasping Imperial by both shoulders.  With firm pressure, they begin to guide him towards the doorway.  Imperial’s shoulders slump, but he holds his head high, unbowed, maintaining a stoic silence as he is forcibly marched out of the room.

A nervous tension settles over the room as the group awaits the results of the search.  Finally, a civilian dwarf pokes her head into the room.
"I searched the manager's chambers, sir, and I couldn't find anything incriminating."
The silence is finally broken by the baron, "Very well.  Everyone get some sleep.  We will return to this tomorrow evening."

Votecount:
Beating: 7
Jailing: 1
Hammering: 3

Imperial Guardsman, Loyalist Manager, has been BEATEN.  Imperial, you may return to the game on day three.  Until then, nothing the other players do can affect you and nothing you do can affect the other players.

Night falls over the fortress.  All night actions must be submitted by 10 pm forum time (GMT-5) tomorrow.  The thread will be locked until then.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Four hours remain for action declarations.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day will begin shortly, expect the results of your night actions soon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Greatest Battle of Orbfalls: Day 2: Great clouds roll over the hills
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2014, 10:16:18 pm »

You wake to the sound of the fortress once more bustling with life and activity.  It is almost as if nothing has changed.

NOBODY died in the night.

Votecount:
Mastahcheese: 
Caz:
TheDarkStar:
Persus13:
Tiruin:
Deathsword:
Tawarochir:
Flabort:
WhitiusOpus:
Jiokuy:
Superblackcat:
NoLynch:

Not voting: Tiruin, Flabort, Superblackcat, mastahcheese, Whitius Opus, Tawarochir, Deathsword, Caz, TheDarkStar, Persus13, Jiokuy,

Also, can anyone figure out the theme behind my title changes?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:25:29 pm by 4maskwolf »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2014, 10:24:01 pm »

Well then, that was nice.

Everyone:
If you would please be so kind as to provide reads, and your thought on IG flipping town manager.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:56 pm »

Caz If I were to call you scum without a reason why, what would your default reaction be?
Tawarochir As IG was telling the truth as to his loyalty, what is your first thought?
TheDarkStar Let's say someone had passed information to me that said you were scummy, hypothetically. If I claimed a third party had ratted you out, what would you do? If I claimed someone had ratted SOMEONE ELSE (not you) out, what would you do?
Mastahcheese If you were targeted by a randomvote such as this, would you claim the voter was scummy, and/or would you make an effort to defend your loyalty? Reply to ninjapost: I think this seems rather familiar, actually, similar to many games on the playground. "You'll be sorry" *lynch anyways* "Toldja" seems to be a common pattern there. I feel that most of the scum (2 of them) were probably voting for him, but 1 was not, to draw away suspicion. One of the two votes for WhitiusOpius are possibly there because of scum; But as to IG, I kinda thought from the "You'll be sorry" bit that he was probably town, but wasn't sure. Hence a novote from me.
Deathsword If you were part of a group with a quicktopic, but had reason to suspect the loyalty of one or more members of the quicktopic, how would YOU go about testing the loyalty of the group?
Tiruin I genuinely felt you were pressing IG too hard and suspect you to be scummy or third party. What do you have to say about this?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2014, 10:45:03 pm »

Hmm. Well that was rather anti-climatic. At least nobody was NK'd.

TheDarkStar: If you hypothetically had information as to what someone had done for their night action, would you reveal? What would be your process depending on what the information is?

Tiruin: You seemed very adamant that IG was either a horrible town, or scummy scum-scum. How do you react to this PLOT TWIST?

mastahcheese: How does it feel to be random voted? What is your reaction to such a process? What would you do if more people began to jump on the random vote?

flabort: Same question as the one I asked TDS above.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2014, 10:50:19 pm »

My reads:

Caz: Doing a good job of watching for slips and calling them out. Leaning town.
TheDarkStar: Seems to be rather... passive this playthrough. Seems more interested in the game mechanics than the game itself. Not sure.
Persus13: Only posted 5 times, didn't seem to be particularly putting themselves out there that much. Although I also know that they hate Day 1, and tend to do that until the second day. Neutral read.
Tiruin: Seems to be trying hard to read into everything. Leaning town.
Deathsword: Makes good arguments, seems reasonable. Leaning town.
Tawarochir: I don't even know what to say here, he's clearly suffering from being entirely unfamiliar with how this runs, so null read for now.
Flabort: Seemed to be doing alright at first, sorta fell back a little towards day end. Neutral read.
WhitiusOpus: You've made only 4 posts so far, and voted IG while basically just agreeing with what others had said and providing little of your own opinion. Even when asked on your position on it, you basically just responded with "he seems scummy".
Jiokuy: Seemed to be in favor of a jailing as opposed to a beating, for logic I fail to understand, but whatever. Seemed genuinely upset about us using our Day 1 lynch just to prove IG's innocence. Leaning town.
Superblackcat: You're playing? You don't even show up in the lurkertracker. Do they have an excuse for this that I missed?

Mastahcheese If you were targeted by a randomvote such as this, would you claim the voter was scummy, and/or would you make an effort to defend your loyalty? Reply to ninjapost: I think this seems rather familiar, actually, similar to many games on the playground. "You'll be sorry" *lynch anyways* "Toldja" seems to be a common pattern there. I feel that most of the scum (2 of them) were probably voting for him, but 1 was not, to draw away suspicion. One of the two votes for WhitiusOpius are possibly there because of scum; But as to IG, I kinda thought from the "You'll be sorry" bit that he was probably town, but wasn't sure. Hence a novote from me.
If was a random vote, then I wouldn't care. Isn't it a little late to still do this? It's day 2 now. And yeah, I'll defend my loyalty, I won't refuse to. But in any case, you don't seem to be the scummiest to me.

Hmm. Well that was rather anti-climatic. At least nobody was NK'd.
mastahcheese: How does it feel to be random voted? What is your reaction to such a process? What would you do if more people began to jump on the random vote?
"anti-climactic"? Are you disappointed that nobody is dead?
And a random vote is random, as I mention above. And what would be your excuse to join the random vote on someone? Because I would certainly get very suspicious if more people piled on with little more than "I want to see how you take the heat".
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2014, 10:54:12 pm »

TheDarkStar: If you hypothetically had information as to what someone had done for their night action, would you reveal? What would be your process depending on what the information is?

flabort: Same question as the one I asked TDS above.
Well, that depends on how much information, how useful it was, and who I trusted with the information.
If I knew a confirmed town, I would either PM, QT, or (in this case because no PMs) ask the GM to pass on the information, right away, if the information was of any importance. If I didn't, I'd probably sneak hints as to the information into my posts until I revealed it outright.
If I knew someone's role and what it does, I might reveal it if it doesn't put them at risk.
If I knew someone's role but not what it does, I wouldn't reveal it.
If I knew someone was scum for sure, reveal right away out in the open.
If I knew someone was town, not reveal until I knew there wasn't much scum remaining.

As to what I know, I don't think I'll reveal what I do know about who I know about yet.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2014, 06:16:25 am »

PFP, in university, only got time to answer stuff.

Everyone:
If you would please be so kind as to provide reads, and your thought on IG flipping town manager.
Reads at a later post. As I said before, it was the best option to clear IG then, before his inherent scummyness "muddied the waters", so to speak, later on.

Deathsword If you were part of a group with a quicktopic, but had reason to suspect the loyalty of one or more members of the quicktopic, how would YOU go about testing the loyalty of the group?
It's actually really hard to test someone's loyalty in a quicktopic (as evidenced in Inglorious Basterds game, where Jim was in all the teams). I suppose I would try to compare what they said in the private and in the game. This sort of stuff can destroy a scum team, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35