Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339378 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #4575 on: July 26, 2021, 03:40:53 pm »

: Back up a moment, there's something that shouldn't be skipped over.

: Prisoners?! They will be set loose, the seal has been broken, what is that all about?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: July 26, 2021, 03:53:15 pm »

"So... we all become guardians, then?"
"It is an offer, so it is up to you to take it or not. So we can walk out of here without any guardians, with some or with every single one of you carrying such title and power."
"I take it you were hoping to encounter the Reaper? What do you wish to speak with them? If it is an important matter, the message can be delivered. Their function is a lot less...visible than the others, considering they do take care of departing souls instead of judging living figures, watching over others or controlling the vile and dread."
"Are you sure you wish knowledge? Gaining a vast amount of knowledge about your surroundings and the past can be a dangerous thing to carry, sometimes overwhelming. But if that is truly what you desire, it shall be given, just make sure to use it wisely."

Gordon kept his mace in hand, ready to use it on either god if needed.

: "And what is the catch? Most of these before ye are young, with much life ahead of them. They deserve ta know what ye be askin' of them."
"The catch is assisting me, if they choose to become guardians. A message must be sent to the nearest continent as soon as possible so they can prepare themselves for Rundum's arrival."
"Rundum may be capable of traversing through continents now, however he will become mortal the moment he breaks through the other locked gate. With his weapons left behind, I am certain he will try to cause as much chaos as possible in those lands in hopes of regaining his strength through the death of many."
"With one of the magic seals broken, the next soon will break...Which means monsters will also be free, and differently of this continent, they will not be aware of their arrival unless we warn them. If we manage to get in contact with them, perhaps a war can be avoided and Rundum's plans will be disrupted, giving them the chance to defeat Rundum while he is weakened with their own champions. With proper preparation, Rundum will be far from the threat he was when fighting you."

: Back up a moment, there's something that shouldn't be skipped over.

: Prisoners?! They will be set loose, the seal has been broken, what is that all about?
"They. are. back. Two seals were created a long time ago with the intent of keeping monsters locked in the Oblivion, first one was created in this continent, then the instructions of how to create the seal was sent towards the nearest continent by Terranian diplomats. With two seals being created so close to each other, they unintentionally linked them together...so the moment one of them breaks, the other will eventually break as well.
"And differently of our situation here, we we may have diplomats and guardians at ready to ease the situation and prevent a war between humans and monsters...they aren't aware of any of this, so for them it may just look like a sudden invasion of monsters from a different dimension. Needless to say, we must prevent such unfortunate outcome, otherwise we might be looking at the kind of bloodshed that will strengthen Rundum."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: July 26, 2021, 04:21:54 pm »

"Well... my only wish was to be accepted, I guess, but that isn't really something you can wish for is it?"

"I'll take the offer. After all of this, I'm not going to just let that God rampage around."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: July 26, 2021, 04:31:01 pm »

Stunned into silence for a moment, Seraphim slowly started vocalizing again.

: Seal will... break... everyone will... be back...

: Then consider me in as a guardian as well. Will they still be affected by that madness from Oblivion?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: July 26, 2021, 05:23:15 pm »

"An odd request, however I suspect you will be accepted and respected once they learn about your feats. So you might need to wish for something else."

"The seal of this continent was already broken, so it is more a matter of -when- the portal will open with the prisoners moving out. Which I suspect might be very soon if there are Dullahans wandering about already."
"There are survivors in Oblivion, I can only say that much. So those who weren't consumed by its influence will probably return once the portal opens. As for those who were corrupted...it is too late for them."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4580 on: July 26, 2021, 07:36:45 pm »

"My questions for the Reaper would be the same as any other man's, I suppose. If I've taken the right path thus far or gone astray, that sort of thing. Recent events have, er, led me to examine my place more than usual." Ociel shrugged, looking uncharacteristically embarrassed. He was more or less admitting that he was questioning his faith in front of an actual god. The emotion faded, however, replaced by something more solemn.

"I take it that, since you said there is nothing to be done, there is no way to wish for them to be cured? Or. . . the knowledge to find the way?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: July 26, 2021, 08:10:00 pm »

"I mean, is bein' a guardian a 'forever' deal or can we retire? 'Cause to be honest I wanna see things to their end but I also wanna know what I'm getting into."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: July 27, 2021, 02:18:22 am »

"I'll take the offer. After all of this, I'm not going to just let that God rampage around."
"And you can bet your hat I will be right by your side! The whole wyvern transportation plan can wait a few years."

"Huh. A religious man concerned about his direction before his time, now that is curious. Your question shall be delivered either way, the answer I receive will be passed on in an indirect way. For now though...Let there be light."
Alpha raised a single finger and pressed against Ociel's head, overwhelming his mind both with knowledge shared by humans and the events that led to the existence of he gates. Perhaps a tad too much to absorb in seconds, but that was the way things were done there.
"Use this long lost knowledge for the good of these mortals. I am not sure if this continent can afford a war right now. But you are correct...to a certain extent. Oblivion is a realm of its own, my powers don't mean much in there, same goes for the Watchers if they try to use their powers outside their domain. However nothing stops you from seeking a way to cure the corrupted."
"The only thing I can do is grant access to a forbidden library, which I would advise against visiting on your own. It is in a completely different realm, and inhabited by dangerous beings, so a single guardian might not last too long wandering alone."

"I mean, is bein' a guardian a 'forever' deal or can we retire? 'Cause to be honest I wanna see things to their end but I also wanna know what I'm getting into."
"Once we leave this prison, you will not be seeing me anymore. So I won't be here to enforce rules upon you, therefore you are free to retire whenever you wish."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: July 27, 2021, 03:24:36 am »

"I accept then! Sure I ain't letting that pile of shit-nuggets escape and cause trouble so if I can help screw him over I'm in."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: July 27, 2021, 04:09:57 am »

: We didn't get this far by taking the easy way. I want to seek that cure as well.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4585 on: July 27, 2021, 07:10:39 am »

Ociel sat down, looking rather dazed as he tried to sort out the sudden influx of information.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: July 27, 2021, 07:50:49 am »

Anne was quiet, simply breathing, calming herself and restoring her thoughts, in the aftermath of her prey's escape.
after she had finally calmed down, she still was quiet, taking the moment to look after her equipment and Feather.
and she still stayed quiet after that, using her grooming of her friend as an excuse to steady herself and to think.
But eventually she spoke, continuing to look at Feather, not at Alpha

:"I came along on all of this kinda just... riding the wind. Just going with what was happening, and adapting to what I saw, you know? No plan, no wish, no real goal, nothing. Do you really want a agent like that?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: July 27, 2021, 09:22:31 pm »

"Good. More guardians mean more territory covered, as I suspect those who were able to remain hidden or in hibernation during the time the seal was intact might step away from their hideout or wake up. So having more people to teleport to these areas will be necessary."
"If you -really- want to risk your life in such way, so be it. Access to the library will be provided, just keep in mind you will be visiting a different realm.
:"I came along on all of this kinda just... riding the wind. Just going with what was happening, and adapting to what I saw, you know? No plan, no wish, no real goal, nothing. Do you really want a agent like that?"
"You managed to get this far, so yes, I do want you to assist me. Besides, even if you see yourself in such manner, it seems you won't be working by yourself, so if your concern is losing your direction...I doubt it will happen with them nearby to help you."
"I already did my part, so I just want to get rich. You guys can do your stuff, I had enough of this 'adventure' shit."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: July 29, 2021, 05:58:05 pm »

"Well... If I can bow out later then I see no reason not to agree. I ain't got much else going on or better things to do so why not?"

"Fair warning though. I ain't good for much more than chopping people with an axe. I don't mind who I smack around, but someone else needs to deal with the talking bits."

"But if we can teleport around like you say it's shouldn't be much of a problem, right? Someone just needs to get me when things turn pear-shaped. Right?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: July 30, 2021, 06:22:43 am »

:"..."
:"Okay, I'll do it! and my wish is to be able to speak with pegasi!"

Anne said while hugging Feather.

:"And don't you forget to make sure Feather is helped however you help me out too. I don't want anything to happen to my partner!"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 06:27:22 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 309