Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339364 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #4560 on: July 18, 2021, 03:24:42 pm »

Gordon eyed the weapon that had appeared in his hand. A simple mace - nothing fancy to look at, but a mace reminiscent of one he had once wielded, so many years ago. Hefting the iron implement in both hands, the elderly priest chanted a prayer. As he spoke, the head of the mace began to glow with holy magic.

: "Great Defender, hear me prayer. Watch over me in this hour of need. Grant me tha strength ta resist evil in all its forms. Grant me tha fortitude ta protect those dearest to me."

: "As ye defend ye faithful, as a king defends his people, as a shepherd defends his flock, and as a father defends his child! May me aim be true and me heart unwavering! May this foul demon trouble the world no longer! May thy will be done!" As Father Duvall brought the mace, now shining so brightly that it almost hurt to look at, down on Rundum's form, he roared out one last word.

: "AMEN!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: July 18, 2021, 08:36:55 pm »

Sena had been with the group for a short time, and had found herself overwhelmed by the events she'd suddenly been embroiled in; it had led her to withdraw more than she really should have, in all honesty.

She'd been terrified as they came up against the monster and found themselves outmatched, found herself crushed to the ground without being able to lift her weapons. She'd known she was about to die - and now that they had a moment, she wasn't going to let that happen again. She drew her bow back as hard as she could, took aim, and launched an arrow towards the newly opened gash in Rundum's armor.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: July 23, 2021, 02:16:16 am »

Aura was transcribing spells of safety in the background, with the power of everyone else shaking the place--including taking down everyone's words, even that of their foe, for the memories created, good or otherwise.

Even if she felt anger to the point of driven hatred, the response of mortality was a memory cue. After this...she would have nothing: No home, no family, no company; things would be, at least for this venture, "over."

People didn't often treat what came after with the same depth of detail. Perhaps it was an impulsive whim, much like how she commanded magic, that kept her from using all she had.

"We will outlive this; together, one last time."

Channeling the force of her spellpower, she worked to help provide outline in this combined strike, shaping the foe's vulnerability to be as great as it could for those around her, alongside adding what remained of her magical energy towards unraveling what malice existed.

There felt like nothing else. Perhaps in this time, she felt some understanding with her foe--having nothing felt like everything else had lost its value. If anything, at least her last memories would be with...friends.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 02:21:16 am by Tiruin »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: July 25, 2021, 10:19:19 pm »

With the first three attacks properly connecting, it was all too clear that Rundum was now able to be harmed by the group, and certainly unable to properly handle the barrage of attacks that followed Vandertz, Even and Prisma's attacks. Even when the demon-god tried to raise his weapon, another attack made him lose his balance again until the final blow was delivered, leaving him in barely able to keep himself up on his feet with his armor cracked.
"This...this is not over. You are only delaying the inevitable, I AM FOREVER!"
These were his last words before vanishing and leaving behind both his staff and the glowing kris on the floor. With the fight apparently over, the owner of the glowing green blade was a lot more visible, even if they still carried an odd appearance.
"My apologies for taking so long to help, I still had to create a body to be able to fight. Oh. Right. Humans have eyes."
"There, this should do it. I am the one Rundum refers to as 'Alpha', the first one. Rundum made a mistake by drawing his kris to fight you, as it was being used to restrain me."

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:21:42 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: July 26, 2021, 03:38:44 am »

Lycan was still understandably weary after the whole everything, but since they were helped the new person likely wasn't going to screw with them, right?

"Fuck, I'm tired."

"Didn't that prick say you died?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: July 26, 2021, 03:51:25 am »

: Can you really trust anything he said? Ouch it hurts to exist.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4566 on: July 26, 2021, 12:03:32 pm »

"Pardon my insolence, but how do we know for certain that you aren't going to do the same thing Rundum just did? If you were restrained, there must have been some reason, incorrect or no."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: July 26, 2021, 01:28:09 pm »

"I'm inclined to listen to weirdos if they ain't tryin' to kill me." Though he didn't relax his fighting stance. "So what gives, Alpha?"

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: July 26, 2021, 01:31:21 pm »

"To a certain degree I was 'dead', yes. I couldn't do anything while that kris was nearby preventing me from gathering my strength back. However a proper death is impossible to happen in a fight between us, at most we can cause grave injuries on each other."
"I was the one who provided you with this strength, but I cannot blame you for being so careful. I was restrained by Rundum because I found out about his escape plans had plans to force him to lose his physical form to make sure he wouldn't be able to trick travelers. Unfortunately things didn't go as desired and he managed to start this very long plan to set himself free."
"There is much to be done, without doubt. Both here...and in the nearest continent. Rundum is far from gone, and I suspect he will be seeking another exit. However for now my priority will be preventing a war between gods occurring here, without someone watching over them, there will be a clash of ideals between them."
"Forces such as the Defender and the Great Venom work in opposite sides and are against what each other stand for, needless to say they will be the first fighting."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: July 26, 2021, 01:43:46 pm »

"Well shit. So ya gotta stop the gods from startin' a slap-fight and restrain that dung-brained evil god? Can ya do it?"
>Yes?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4570 on: July 26, 2021, 02:10:04 pm »

". . . This is normally the part where I would pray for your success, but. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: July 26, 2021, 02:18:46 pm »

"Here is the 'catch'. I am limited to this continent, Rundum isn't anymore. So I will be needing assistance from others-both to deal with him and to hopefully organize things with the mortals."
"If there is a Dullahan here, it is safe to assume the seal was broken, consequently the prisoners will be set loose, so I will need a diplomat, a guardian to assist me. Or more than one, if more than one figure is willing to watch over this continent."
"I am sure you heard of the God of Thorns, he was the first and only mortal to be turned into a guardian of some sort, even if he was still seen as a god by mortals. Besides gaining the power to easily fend off foes, you will be given the power to teleport, as that will become a necessity when trying to prevent a war between humans and monsters."
"This of course is an offer, I will not force anyone to take such task if they aren't certain about handling it. However...there is one last thing; the treasure. Rundum promised something for the mortals who managed to reach him, and I do intend to provide each one of you with those wishes. It is the least I can do after your assistance."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: July 26, 2021, 02:20:38 pm »

"So... we all become guardians, then?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4573 on: July 26, 2021, 03:32:44 pm »

"I would gladly accept such a duty." Despite his words, a note of uncertainty crept into the man's voice. Not about the task - it was merely an extension of why he was here, after all - but of what to do now that he was presented with the wish. There weren't many things he desired, and he wasn't sure if he should ask for what little he did.

"I suppose. . . I'm left with some questions after this all. I had never expected to encounter multiple gods in the flesh when I came investigating rumors of monsters, but. . . there seems to be no sign of my own thus far." It made sense, of course, but he couldn't help but question at a time like this. "If I were to wish for anything beyond the power to carry out the task I've been given, it would have to be knowledge."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: July 26, 2021, 03:37:24 pm »

Gordon kept his mace in hand, ready to use it on either god if needed.

: "And what is the catch? Most of these before ye are young, with much life ahead of them. They deserve ta know what ye be askin' of them."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 309