Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339430 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #4545 on: July 08, 2021, 02:27:44 am »

: You perfect brickhead! Seraphim charged up on instict and joined Lycan in aiming at Rundum's face.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: July 08, 2021, 02:34:29 am »

Even twitched on the spot, obviously worried about being the next target.
"AAAAAAH! I mean...AHHHHHH!"
"Really now? What happens if I return the favor?"
Rundum barely moved a finger to direct that Soul Spear right back at Lycan...Followed by plenty more of them.
"Is that all? Is this how 'people' intended to defeat actual gods? Heehehh...HAHAHAH!"
The follow-up attack simply charged Rundum's armor, retaliating with a discharge made to consume magic around himself, and just for the sake of getting his point across, the now demon-god copied Seraphim's Thunder Hammer to bash his face with.
"Uuh, shit. Let me try..."
Even squatted and pressed his hands against the sides of his head trying to think really hard...only to fall flat onto his face, revealing a back stuffed with his own collection of swords.
"...That can't be good. Can't the other gods burst through these darn gates on their own to stop this madman?"
"And you are next, 'hero'. Bundling up a bunch of broken hobos to MY place? Unforgivable."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: July 08, 2021, 02:58:33 am »

"Well... I only have one plan left, I guess."

Kat walked toward Rundum, remembering the feeling she'd had when her own cursed magic had run wild throughout her body and almost killed her. If she could tap into that again, but force the flame instead of killing the spark...

"I don't think this is going to do anything to you, but it's all I have left, and I can't just let you attack Van without doing everything in my power to protect him."

The magic power gathered in her core, surging wildly, desperate to be free.

"I had... some dreams, you know?"

And with that she unleashed her power, her body vanishing into a rapidly-expanding explosion of dark magic directly in front of Rundum.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: July 08, 2021, 03:22:44 am »

"Kat, don't do something reckless, we are already having a tough time here!"
"...And what makes you think I will give you the luxury of having a painless death?"
Just like he did with Seraphim, the magic was nullified the moment Kat moved closer to release the explosion, instead pushing her body against a massive semi-open coffin.
"Child. That's what you are if you think you could just use some pitiful trick-Where is he?"
Vandertz was actually relieved that the attack was interrupted considering what it could have done to her body. He gave out a sigh under his breath before carefully trying to move his away around Rundum.
"...Please be okay there, Kat. I will be getting you right away."
"QUIET! Where is HE?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: July 08, 2021, 03:50:41 am »

Broken and all, Seraphim was still able to see Kat unsuccessfully attempt a last resort. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking of doing that myself. Well... let's see what you can do, hero. She can't be that wrong putting her faith in you.

Seraphim gathered whatever power remained in him, all the special usages of his magic he had devised, and focused it on Vandertz. Healing, hiding, empowering, anything that could help him with what he was planning.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4550 on: July 08, 2021, 06:52:52 am »

Ociel looked upon the proceedings with horror. He'd stayed quiet until now, still trying to sort through everything that had happened - the gloating could wait for later, when they were all in their cups. I haven't known these people long, but that celebration has to happen, no? This can't be the ending. He'd set off into the world to help people in the name of his own god - and yet it seemed that he'd been critical to creating a demon to menace it. Adrift, watching his comrades die one by one, he could only think of one thing to do.

Reaper, I beg of you. Just this once. This life you returned to me must have been for a purpose, and I can think of no greater one than this. Give me the strength, the knowledge, anything that will help prevent this devil from reaching the world of mankind - or act yourself. I can only offer my faith in return, my faith and returning your gift.

". . ." Silent prayer given, Ociel drew the enchanted sword at his hip and began to focus his own magical power. He didn't have a plan, but perhaps his sacrifice could buy precious seconds for someone who did. Holding the energy in the blade, he suddenly charged at Rundum, hoping against hope that the combined physical and magical blow would have some kind of effect on the monster before them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 11:39:24 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: July 08, 2021, 03:45:58 pm »

It's that time again...
Anne looks at Rundum, feeling her sanity slipping away again, and internally rejoicing in its loss. It's not that she isn't afraid, or is full of rage or confidence or selflessness, it's that such things are irrelevant now. She has an objective. The concequences of said objective don't matter. The price of said objective doesn't matter either. She feels her body moving, it attempting to accomplish the chosen objective for her, while she is semi-detached, making tactical decisions about the best way to do it. what path needs to be taken, where Rundum's attention is at any given moment, its a mental state that she can't maintain for more than a few seconds, but if it's the right seconds...

And so Anne and Feather circle Rundum, their prey, from above, waiting for an opening to strike, with the intent to take it the moment it comes, but knowing that they are only to be the second distraction, a foe like this, requires a chain of events to take down, a single isolated attack wont get through, nor even a second one in sequence. but if yet another comes in during the opening created by the first few...

one can only focus their attention in so many places at once after all.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: July 10, 2021, 03:06:58 am »

Adrenaline was a hell of a drug, keeping his brain working even through the worst pain he remembered ever feeling; worse than all the times he'd ended up smacked down during their journey to the Gates combined. The pain was fucking horrifying though, he'd have wished to die immediately weren't he so stubborn, falling to his knees while clutching his spear.

Ok, their attacks couldn't do shit anymore. Then they probably needed some godly intervention, and for that they probably needed to distract the bastard long enough. They needed to live long enough to distract the rat bastard, and that meant healing.

"Healin'..." he sputtered. No way he'd bite it before making sure the fucker died first.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: July 11, 2021, 03:41:09 pm »

"Seraphim...Thank you. I will do my best!"
After noticing that both Ociel and Anne were also going for an aerial strike, he gave a nod to them and covered his face with his helmet once more.
"Come on now! Let us make this count!"
"I had enough of this."
"Spell word. Gravity."
And as soon as the final word as said, all the flying mercenaries were shoved to the ground with an unspeakable amount of force, cracking the stone floor beneath them, a force that was all the more painful for the figures wearing armor.
"It is time to meet your maker. Spell word. Dea-"
Before Rundum could finish his command, a green glowing weapon pierced through his chest, leaving him twitching trying to recover his posture.
"URGH. You-You were..."
The moment the attack connected, a sudden surge of power went through the fields-Something above any sort of magic, any sort of staff could do. Even the gravely wounded were able get back on their feet and ready to fight. Even Prisma and Gordon-Who were disarmed now had proper weapons extending from their arms. And as soon as that second wind hit the battlefield, a voice behind the struggling demon-god shouted.
"PURGE HIM!"

Vandertz who was still bleeding stood up immediately and charged forward with Orihalcon moving right behind him to pick him up to fly once more, leading the charge.
"Everyone, NOW! NO HOLDING BACK!"
Even still had his own blades stuck on his back as he charged alongside Vandertz, with Prisma soon following.
"If I die, tell my sister she is okay. It is payback time you stupid purple fuck!"
"Even, I am also purple, you moron! Shut up and let us make this count!"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 03:46:49 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: July 11, 2021, 05:24:25 pm »

Seraphim slowly rose up, plasma charging in and around him, reforming and repairing his armor.

: Over... loading...! Come on, Kat! Let's blow that armor into pieces!

As soon as Kat was ready, he would unleash the overcharged plasma, not in a self destructing explosion, but in a combined blast directed at Rundum.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: July 11, 2021, 05:27:12 pm »

Kat burst out of the coffin she had been placed in with an explosion of dark magic. With a wordless cry she raised her hands toward Rundum and unleashed all the cursed energy she could wring out of every atom of her body, knowing that nothing less would be enough.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 05:31:53 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: July 11, 2021, 08:08:05 pm »

"Uh..." Seeing Lycan and everyone else eat shit meant that Kaarina was not about to try the same, so she was caught off guard by this sudden reversal of fate.

"Well. Here goes nothing." Unlike Kat and Seraphim, all she had was an axe and her own muscles. She thus waited for the pair to finish unleashing their magical energies before rushing in to smash Rundum in the head with it. She was not the kind of woman to pray, but she certainly hoped that it would do something.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: July 11, 2021, 09:52:26 pm »

Lycan wasn't playing around anymore. As soon as he was able to stand up, he swung his spear to straighten it and threw it with all the might inside his body before taking a massive hammer from his back and joining Kaarina's charge.

"Kill this damned pigfucker!"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4558 on: July 12, 2021, 04:42:20 pm »

Ociel, after having his (and his pegasus's) wounds miraculously healed, didn't need a second order. He charged forward, gathering power in his blade once more before bringing it down in a heavy chop, dropping from the heavens onto the foul god before them.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: July 13, 2021, 03:08:20 am »

Anne doesn't actually have any real conscious thoughts about the state of things. things simply are as they are at any given moment.
pain from the fall is simply a message her brain receives. it's not that she doesn't feel it, it simply doesn't matter right now. she doesn't cry out, for it has no meaning, it is simply an event, a thing that has happened. It is only real in that her position and ability to attack have changed.
neither does the removal of that pain have any significance either.
what DOES matter, is that the prey is vulnerable, and her body can move, therefore her body is moving.
There is no thought, only action, as she pulls herself together and delivers her weapon into her prey, her body blurring and moving literally faster than she can think, entirely devoted to the singular purpose of destruction of her prey.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 309