Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339723 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #4335 on: June 12, 2020, 04:42:44 pm »

: What would that theory be?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: June 12, 2020, 05:36:01 pm »

"What? Does Even have the blood of kings or is the chosen one or something like that?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: June 12, 2020, 08:56:02 pm »

"...No, thankfully it isn't something like that."
"Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE me princess. I will have you know I have blue blood!"
"Based on previous expeditions and during the time I had been studying the little material I had to work with, it seems there is another failsafe once you enter the gates; this...sea. Without any sort of way to traverse it once you arrive."
"While this twisted place is capable of granting you what you desire, I think only those who weren't directly exposed to the key or things affected by the gates can connect to this place. And if I had to guess, this 'Even' didn't get to touch the key at all, correct?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: June 12, 2020, 10:29:48 pm »

"So it's kind of a failsafe to make sure people don't abuse its' power?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: June 12, 2020, 11:40:22 pm »

"More like a failsafe to prevent the adventurers with the key from going any further. After all, I would imagine this power of materializing things is limited to the cave. While you might not feel anything, I can feel some pressure on my armor, there is a lot of concentrated energy surrounding us, which might explain how the pajama-clad man is breaking the normal laws of magic and alchemy just by thinking."
"So I am pretty sure his 'powers' won't be working once we leave the cave."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: June 13, 2020, 01:45:43 am »

"Better enjoy it while you can, Even!"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: June 13, 2020, 02:58:55 am »

: So it's one of those "only those who aren't searching for it will be able to find it" legend things. I'm glad Even hasn't done much to help with the key pieces and the fights then!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: June 13, 2020, 05:47:08 am »

Even was pretty much laying down on the throne at this point, with a hand holding a golden chalice while his other held a massive diamond, giving a lazy nod in response to Kat's word.
"You can bet your hat I will. I ain't in a hurry for this ship to reach its destiny, I  got a long list of things to wish for yet!"
: So it's one of those "only those who aren't searching for it will be able to find it" legend things. I'm glad Even hasn't done much to help with the key pieces and the fights then!
"When you put it that way, yes. But at the same time, you still need a key to access this place, so I am sure you can see how difficult it is for someone to truly reach their objective. After all, why would a group of adventurers have someone not doing anything to assist them? So even if they manage to open the gates...they will just be trapped, like Eversor."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: June 13, 2020, 05:57:03 am »

: A two layer protection that has been certainly very effective. One has to bring the key, another has to ask the wish, only with true cooperation you can achieve your wish and that kind of stuff. I could see greedy humans fighting between each other as soon as they found out only the useless one gets the riches.

: Speaking of riches... How many people would realize you could cross this sea? If it wasn't for Eversor spilling the beans or you knowing about it, I'd have expected to have gotten some material wish like Even has and then leave with it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: June 14, 2020, 10:20:14 am »

"Assuming that the riches stick around when you leave. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappeared afterwards just to be a dick."

"..."

"Hey Lycan. Are you going to help me drink Evan's booze or am I going to have to do it all off myself?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: June 14, 2020, 05:17:00 pm »

"I would imagine other races would face this sort of struggle too-If we were around to be able to make our expeditions that is. After all, I somewhat doubt any creature would be happy with the idea of someone who did nothing gain the riches while the rest of the group worked hard to reach their objective."
"Thankfully it seems your group doesn't mind Even's...lack of assistance. And that's a good question, considering I barely had any material to work with, I don't even know how many people properly opened these gates."

Meanwhile Vandertz just moved to sit down and catch his breath, considering there was probably a long way to get to their destiny.
"Guess I really should start rethinking about my wish after all we saw..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: June 14, 2020, 10:01:43 pm »

"Oh, Even's OK. He carries all our extra stuff for us and we can ride in the back of the cart when we get tired of walking, so it's not like he's just mooching."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: June 17, 2020, 09:38:49 pm »

"Hey Lycan. Are you going to help me drink Evan's booze or am I going to have to do it all off myself?"

"I'm working on it!" Lycan replied, grabbing the beer and guzzling down a mug for tasting purposes. Then another, and another.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4348 on: June 17, 2020, 09:45:42 pm »

"I wonder if any of these things can be taken out of this place. Of course, I hardly know what I would want to take, if I could do so."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: June 18, 2020, 02:21:33 pm »

"I have no idea, but I don't think I will be aiming for a physical wish anymore. If these creatures are really going to return to the realm we live in, I feel like having some sort of teleport power would come in handy for diplomatic presence on all sorts of places."
"GOLD, always wish and take as much GOLD as you can. Can't go wrong with that."
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 309