Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339687 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #4350 on: June 24, 2020, 08:26:36 pm »

And so time went on, with the cave proving to be a lot larger than it seemed to be from the outside, but from distance it was possible to see land-An odd shaped island, considering that even in the darkness it was possible to see very twisted and odd shapes covering it. While Even was still trying to calculate the estimated time for them to reach their destiny, Vandertz turned his attention to the group both to check how they were feeling and to ask a question some of the new adventurers didn't get to answer before.
"So, I think we are almost there, right? Might be a good time to ask this again, in case someone else decided to change their wish during the time we spent wandering around and fighting the undead; what are you going to wish for?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: June 25, 2020, 04:52:30 am »

Seraphim thought for a moment.

: I think I got my wish already, smashing Eversor's skull. Anything else would have to be something more abstract, like freeing other dullahans, but I don't know if that's possible at all. I guess I'll ask for some really neat armor polish if I can't think of anything else worthwhile.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: June 25, 2020, 01:09:18 pm »

"I dunno what I'd wish for now. I wanted respect but it kinda feels like if I wish for it, I didn't earn it."

Kat leaned onto the railing of the ship and rested her chin on her palm.

"Money would be nice but I think I'd get bored with a lavish lifestyle. Maybe I just won't wish for anything."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: June 27, 2020, 07:58:06 am »

: I think I got my wish already, smashing Eversor's skull. Anything else would have to be something more abstract, like freeing other dullahans, but I don't know if that's possible at all. I guess I'll ask for some really neat armor polish if I can't think of anything else worthwhile.
"Technically you also got that wish of yours attended, I mean...apparently the seal holding them back in Oblivion is breaking, so they might show up back here sooner or later...which is kinda why I might be changing my wish too."
"Things will get pretty agitated once they return, so I think wishing for something like the power of teleporting might come in handy. Considering we are the few who are aware of what is going on, we need to be the first to talk to them to prevent a possible war."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: June 27, 2020, 08:09:00 am »

: Maybe I should ask for... Oblivion to be permanently sealed off after everyone in there is out. To prevent this from happening again.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: June 27, 2020, 08:14:31 am »

"Not a bad idea, but I do wonder if Oblivion doesn't have other residents. I worry this wasn't the first time people had this 'bright' idea of using it as a prison of some sort, so if that realm isn't limited to our continent that wish could be dangerous."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: June 30, 2020, 02:21:11 pm »

: See? It's all too complex, I can't figure out every possibility a wish like that would entail... A neverending bucket of armor polish it is then.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4357 on: June 30, 2020, 04:30:19 pm »

"To be honest, I didn't have any particular desire for a wish from this place. Though, speaking of Oblivion gives me an idea." Ociel rubs his chin thoughtfully. "A way to heal wounds to the mind as well as the body would be helpful. At bare minimum, a way to cleanse whatever influence that place had would probably be useful in the coming days."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: July 03, 2020, 07:58:44 pm »

"If there are literally no limits to our wishes, I think that could be useful, if we can somehow cure those who apparently were already corrupted by that place. The more we can save, the better."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: July 04, 2020, 07:17:30 pm »

"I feel like you're counting your chickens before they hatch here. If you could wish all of your problems away why did they bother locking it up?"

"Let's figure out what this stuff actually is before we decide what we want to do with it. Otherwise we're just going to be disappointed here."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: July 05, 2020, 02:05:21 am »

"I think Kaarina's right. Let's not get ahead of ourselves."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: July 05, 2020, 10:07:23 am »

"Being cynical isn't always a bad thing."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: July 05, 2020, 01:41:40 pm »

"That's fair. I was pondering about limits because usually there is a catch to that-especially if we are talking about a genie. If they are anything like the genies from books this won't be a fun deal."
"...Or those odd artifacts that take your wish and twist it in some way. Hooo boy, now I am worried."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: July 09, 2020, 11:40:32 pm »

"Even's wishes haven't been twisted so far but that's a worry isn't it? I've no idea what I'd ask by now but eh. Maybe it'll reach me. Maybe just cash or something."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: July 26, 2020, 02:37:41 pm »

CHAPTER 12: Sweet Nightmares
Hours passed by, without any signs of life or land nearby-At least until Even utilizing a telescope connected to the mast of the ship spotted something different in that glowing purple sea.
"Land in sight! We are getting there, you weirdos!"
Even's eagerness died down the closer they were to this 'land', as it turned out to be something from another world; not only the beach had spinning pillars coming out from the sand but the weather was completely chaotic. One side had side, but the other already had snow, and right by its side a swamp, and considering how the island's size seemed to be changing from time to time it was unclear if there was much to be explored aside from the large temple standing in front of them. A very twisted temple as well, considering the stone bricks holding the place together were twitching as if it was stuck in time moments before it was going to crumble down.
With the ship hitting land, it was time go move down and explore this vast bizarre territory, with Even being the first to carefully step down only to give a slow nod and crossing his arms.

"Yep, this place looks like shit."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 08:59:27 pm by Praefectus Screptum »
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 309