Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339964 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1800 on: January 31, 2015, 01:53:37 pm »

Kat went very quiet and rather pale, looking away from Gordon and down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 31, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »

Gordon laughed bitterly.

: "And the worst part is that they all died for nothing. Isn't that funny? These so-called witches were nothing more than a bunch of old women who ate too many odd mushrooms and had delusions of grandeur. We brought a druid with us when we raided their den, a powerful user of dark magic. He confirmed that the hags didn't have a single drop of magical blood among them. There was no ritual. No reason for their deaths except insanity."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 01, 2015, 12:54:34 am »

Kat could think of nothing to do but pat Gordon's hand.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Father Duvall."

She didn't know what to say in the face of such a thing... and here she was, a witch herself. And to think she had been beginning to think of him as, sort of, a real grandpa, like she'd never had. He probably didn't want anything to do with her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 01, 2015, 01:05:34 am »

: "Tis not ye fault. Tis mine alone. And that's why I quest for tha Gates: if redemption can be found anywhere, it'll be beyond those Gates." Gordon stood a moment later.

: "Thank ye - both of ye - for hearing me confession. Please, keep it to yeselves. We should get back ta tha inn, it's getting late."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 01, 2015, 01:28:02 am »

"How is it your fault? Witches or not, those ladies were still murderers."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 01, 2015, 01:49:34 am »

Gordon was silent for a moment. When he spoke, his words were sharp with old anger.

: "Part of being a priest for tha Defender is taking vows. Vows to never marry, among others. I broke those vows for selfish reasons, and the punishment was swift. Anna might never have died if it weren't for me!"

: "Hrrgh...let's go. I'm done talking about this." He began to stomp out of the church back towards the inn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: February 01, 2015, 02:00:03 am »

Kat got up and followed him out, though she didn't say anything. Instead she walked in his footsteps, head down, hands in her back pockets, thinking.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 01, 2015, 02:02:34 am »

The sound of a door could be heard, and soon enough a priest stepped out of the room he was in.

"Did you really think you were greedy? Do you know why this church is empty right now, Father?"
The old man crossed his arms and stepped forward, glancing at the covered windows before returning his stare at the other priest.

"We dared to learn more about our religion. We don't make the vows for Defender, we make vows for the church. And while I can't really prove it to you right now, I have an information that might be of your interest. The Defender is arriving, father. Titan was the first to return to our humble grounds, while we aren't sure how far he is from here, we...heard him."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:09:12 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 01, 2015, 07:40:31 pm »

Since the pair have probably found the only open shop in the area by now, Kaarina turns to Maiya.

"Well this was a bust, not much going on here. We should probably hork a couple of staffs just in case, but otherwise this was a wasted trip."

"You'd assume that there would be a little bit more variety. I've seen smaller villages than this sell much more."

Nonetheless, Maiya enters the shop, and politely asks how much a staff is.

I need to put something interesting here.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 01, 2015, 07:43:03 pm »

"What kind of villages have you been visiting? In the most of the kind I've seen you'd be lucky to find a spare axe lying around. Iron isn't cheap you know," Kaarina replies as she follows Maiya into the shop.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 01, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »

"In some villages with a lot of traffic, they'll often have a small inn or a stall. Of course, I've never seen one that exclusively sells staffs, but they'll typically sell poultices, vulneraries, food and other general supplies to travelers. No weapons, though I wouldn't really trust a village-made lance anyway."
I need to put something interesting here.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 01, 2015, 08:17:31 pm »

"Ah, that'd explain it. I thought that you were talking about something a little more fancy than just a little stall. Most of the villages I've seen didn't have places like that, the villagers just went out to sell their goods whenever they saw some travellers. Or hand their stuff over in certain cases. But I shouldn't have to explain that part to you."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 02, 2015, 12:01:22 am »

"If ye were wondering why we don't have much here right now, the answer is pretty simple. Troops are getting ready to march towards the towers, so they bought everything we had here. Except what they REALLY needed. I am sellin' these for a good reason."
The merchant tugged on his own mustache and inclined his body forward slowly to whisper something.
"There are abominations wanderin' about. These things are drippin' with poison, ya know? I hope they sent some priests with 'em, or we might not get those towers at all."
"As for the staff, not gonna charge too much. eight hundred gold per staff, it is below the average price."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:25:37 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 02, 2015, 12:03:21 am »

: "If ye need a priest, I would be happy ta lend me services. Tha girl over there also has talent for staffs."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 02, 2015, 12:24:50 am »

Kat was still within earshot of the priest and turned back to him, walking back into the church.

"Information that might be of interest to the oldtimer? Lay it on me. I'm listening."
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 309