Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]  (Read 9383 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Servants of a Keeper [Dungeon Keeper Thing]
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 02:31:57 pm »

Yes. Now waiting for the first imp player...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 03:15:14 pm »

Yes. Now waiting for the first imp player...
A kobold is fine too...

(Yes... I thought about it, but despite the possibly nature of the joke, coupled with Mr. Strange's pofile the comment seems worth it.)

Thou in all seriouslesnes, I would wager that such a character could get quite the mali towards actions that just don't suit him. Like fighting in melee. Well, either way, now that you have spoken of such a servant, we may thank it to the wonders of reverse-psychology that it won't come true. Which... in turn now may or may have not been negated by me!

On a completely serious note - are there any ramifications on choosing a small cuddly thing, a slime or one of the flesh-liberated undead as pc-avatar? Not saying there should be, just asking is all. (Or maybe we should just patiently wait till the post about Servants goes up. But where would be the fun in that? :P)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 03:20:07 pm »

Can I be a goblin?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 09:33:56 pm »

Actually, with regards to creatures, can we choose creatures from either the first the second game?
I may like to be one of the tentacle monsters from the first game, they get brutal at higher levels.

Also, I think that the imps themselves would likely just be subordinates to us.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Servants of Duke Kraven [Dungeon Keeper Thing; Character Creation Up]
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 11:47:26 pm »

Character creation is up. It looks longer than it is; most of the fields are just putting in "sleeping" or "pie."

Because it popped into my mind - As 5 of the other suggestors mentioned or voted for someone with armour, how about we have him also wear one along these lines?;
Battle Plate Kraven sounds like a good addition. I'll finish and get up his official description at some point, but for the moment people should have a decent idea of what they're serving.

Can I be a goblin?
Actually, with regards to creatures, can we choose creatures from either the first the second game?
I may like to be one of the tentacle monsters from the first game, they get brutal at higher levels.
You may, though leveling will work a bit differently here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 01:09:30 am »

Wait are the characters/creatures supposed to be originals or can we have a bit of creative leeway?
Crack-a-lack-a

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2014, 04:14:31 am »

Name: Dark Elves
Appearance: Grey skin, white haired humanoid who tend to be tall and slender. They do come in male and female, but it hard to tell which is which unless the female is unusually blessed in the chest.
Personality: Somewhat vain, they view other beings as below them, but do view artists as equals. It due to this that Dark Elves are the only elves not at war with dwarfs due to they fondness of dwarf engravers.
Preferences: The arts.

Default Actions: Singing, dancing, painting, etc.
Requirements: Need a rec room for above actions. Fairly basic after that, place to sleep, eat(Carnivore), etc.
Abilities: Artists that can turn invisible for a short time
Stats
Attack: 3(+2)
Defense: 3(+4)
HP: 3(-2)

Fresh Elven Meat
I was half way through this before I saw that. Oh well, food that double as troops go.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:03:32 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2014, 06:49:17 am »

Character
Name: Izwil the Exiled
Appearance:
Personality: Powerhungry, Twisted, Calculating
Preferences: Izwil likes nothing more than to take revenge on the humanoid races that plague his own so very much, and employs the more nefarious arcane arts to that end.

Default Actions: Meditation, Watching the hustling of others, Torturing Prisoners,
Requirements: Beedrom, Arcane Library, Torture Room, The occasional Prisoner
Abilities:
Lightfooted: Kobolds don't trigger traps as easily as others
Sneaking: Kobolds are natural experts at not being noticed by others
Lower Arcana - Shadow: A book in the den's lootpile, a bored kobold, a diagram painted into the sand with a stick... that was how it begann...
 - Shadowbolt
 - Curse

Stats
Attack: 2 (-2)
Defense: 4 (+2) (Kobolds that survive, normally do so by learning how to dodge, you see...)
HP: 2 (-1)

Ye~p, called it. A kobold really is fine too!
In the spirit of kobolds, his stats are.. abyssal, at a -2, and his magical abilities are not at an impressive level. Cut him some slack, he had enough problems learning how to read anything but those fancy drawings~ ;3

Edit: Oh, "those" kind of modifiers you were talking about? Err.. yeah, actually never really happened upon them / worked with them yet. Well then let's fill some in that make sense. Allright, looks good to me now~
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:12:36 am by escaped lurker »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 07:38:17 am »

Wait are the characters/creatures supposed to be originals or can we have a bit of creative leeway?
I'm not sure what you mean. If you'd just like to rip something else off, that's fairly fine, if a bit dull. You'll still need to describe them, though.

Fresh Elven Meat
I was half way through this before I saw that. Oh well, food that double as troops go.
If it's any consolation, at +7 that's going to be some very expensive, high-class diva meat.

No personal character sheet, though?

Stats
Attack: 1
Defense: 4 (Kobolds that survive, normally do so by learning how to dodge, you see...)
HP: 2

Ye~p, called it. A kobold really is fine too!
In the spirit of kobolds, his stats are.. abyssal, at a -2, and his magical abilities are not at an impressive level. Cut him some slack, he had enough problems learning how to read anything but those fancy drawings~ ;3

Are you familiar with the difference between starting stats and mods?

Also, is this intended to be a unique character, with no lesser brethren that might join the dungeon?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 07:55:01 am »

Are you familiar with the difference between starting stats and mods?

Also, is this intended to be a unique character, with no lesser brethren that might join the dungeon?

I am.. honestly not sure what you are trying to get at. I know that he is in total 2 stats lower than what would be the norm of 3/3/3. Only that I percieve that still as quite high, a kobold being as small as it is. He isn't even really strong compared to other kobolds - which I tried to make into a race, but such flimsy things would just take up space and time that could be used better on more... usefull races. I doubt you would enjoy tracking a number of "easy-dead cannonfodder" either.

Or rather, wait - If the question is if this are his "end-stats", versus any kind of confusing "stats that I additionaly want to the 3/3/3 starter stats", then it is the former. So yeah, not trying to make a +7 kobold here. Thou I am unsure as to how high his other skills are to be placed.

Else, yes, he is intended as a unique character. I played - as mentioned - with the idea of adding kobolds as a race, but came to the conclusion that they won't really do anything useful, or fill a spot that needs to be filled. Unless making suicidal thieving runs with - at best - abyssial slim chances of success would do such a thing.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 08:02:26 am »

Fresh Elven Meat
If it's any consolation, at +7 that's going to be some very expensive, high-class diva meat.

No personal character sheet, though?
*Reread* Ah, you can go negative, correcting.

The personal sheet was delayed by RL, I going to put one up soon.

Spoiler: here in fact (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:23:17 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 09:03:55 am »

Creature
Name: Darksquid
Appearence: Tall and thin with sixteen arms and large sharp teeth.
Personality: Fierce, power hungry, clever
Prefrences: Improving himself, combat
Default actions: Fighting, learning, trainining
Requirements: Something to fight, a place to train, and a place to learn
Abilies: None
Attack: 3
Defense:3
HP:3

Character
Name: Mala Canaza Faraza Tan Cokona The Brekaer of Might
Appearence: Tall and thin with sixteen arms and large sharp teeth.
Personality: Fierce, power hungry, clever
Prefrences: Improving himself, combat
Default actions: Fighting, learning, trainining
Requirements: Something to fight, a place to train, and a place to learn
Abilities: Battle dance: Performs three attacks and can move 15 meters between each attack
 Vicious skewer: Attack deals double damage but has a -2 malus.
Mage bolt: Sends a bolt of magic to an enemy
Attack: 3
Defense:4
HP:3

This good?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 10:09:56 am »

Name: Skeleton
Appearance: A human skeleton, armed with whatever weapon it first found.
Personality: No fear, small ammount of brains
Preferences: Fighting and little else.

Default Actions: Fighting
Requirements: Skeletons don't require anything, really, being corpses
Abilities: Immune to fear and disease, resistant to cold.
Attack: 4(+1)
Defense: 3(+0)
HP: 3

Character
Name: The Jailor
Appearance: A skeleton wearing the equipment of an executioner, wielding an axe.
Personality: Doesn't remember much from its past life, including its name. Has more intelligence than your average skeleton, however, and requires payment for its services.
Preferences: Watching over prisons, imprisoning others (doesn't care if hero or not), fighting.

Default Actions:
Requirements: A prison and a treasury (will arrive via portal, unlike regular skeletons)
Abilities: In addition to regular skeleton abilities, can (magically) cause fear on those weaker than itself.
Attack: 5(+2)
Defense: 4(+1)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:02:07 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 01:31:49 pm »

Name: Shadow
Appearance: A tangible shadow in humanoid form.
Personality: Generally hungry to kill the most powerful creature nearby.
Preferences: Dark simple areas.

Default Actions: Killing.
Requirements: A dark log cabin like area with no light source.
Abilities: Reaving souls of almost dead mortals.
Attack: 3(+2)
Defense: 3
HP: 3(-1, I mean come on being made of tangible shadows probably isn't good for strength.)

Name: Miravex
Appearance: A typical tangible shadow in humanoid form, has markings in navy blue to show emotions, etc.
Personality: Bloodthirsty maniac who can at least act semi sane around co-workers.
Preferences: Magic powers.

Default Actions:
Requirements: A library, source of souls to reave ,and a dark room to sleep in.
Abilities: Knows magical abilities that allows itself to harden its matter, makes it rather cocky when it comes to defense though. can also use these abilities to bolster its offense.
Attack: 3 (+2)
Defense: 3 (-1)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:46:25 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2014, 04:35:46 pm »

Creature
Colloquial Name: Minotaurs/Bullmen/Minoans
Official Name: Follower(s) of Minos
Appearance: "10 foot tall furred bipedal bison", is the best way to put it. Also, there are only male Followers of Minos as they are only brought into existence by their own god, Minos, but are not entirely infertile *cough**cough*. Luckily, all of them stop aging after they fully mature and are nigh-impossible to be killed by old age
Personality: They are very amiable, industrious workers who are generally seen feasting and drinking with others and are the life of a party. However hedonistic they may be, they all swear vows of celibacy in order to more adequately serve Minos. They also can fly into an uncontrollable rage if they are sufficiently hurt, emotionally or physically.
Preferences: The Followers of Minos prefer inebriated philosophical discussions and discovering new foods and brews, not to mention actually eating and drinking them, and long walks on the beach admiring furniture.

Default Actions: The Followers of Minos prefer feasting and brewing/cooking.
Requirements: The Followers of Minos require a large stockpile of food, a rather large kitchen area, and high ceilings, and large beds and a temple area.
Abilities: All Followers of Minos can and will fly into a berserker's rage of sorts where they lose all sense of self-preservation and pain and throw themselves at the enemy until the enemy is shattered or completely destroyed. After this rage, they are usually comatose for a week or so while they're natural accelerated healing tries to repair damage.
Stats:
Attack: 3(+3) [See below]
Defense: 3(-4) [Minotaurs rely on killing their enemy before they can act or just intimidating the enemy to the point of running away. Also, they just don't care about defending themselves.]
HP: 3(+2) [Minotaurs are notoriously sturdy beings, which is a needy trait as they need to sustain their risky fighting style, if you could call it a fighting style.]

Character:
Name: Prophet Alistarius
Appearance: A 13 foot tall grey furred Follower of Minos, is possibly the blandest way I can put it. I'm not good at appearances.
Personality: Alistarius is a general all around kind guy, believing in concepts such as honor and other things. He acts as a sort of counterbalance to the unnecessary cruelty most would advise and as such has been hounded out of most communities of evil as have his fellow Prophets. If you offend him or his lord, however, he becomes extremely dangerous to your wellbeing. Nowadays, he only wishes to protect the Minoan faith and expand it through willing converts and hopefully find a good home for his people.
Preferences: What most Followers of Minos like to do: Pray, eat, drink, and debate.

Default Actions: Eating, writing, drinking, and praying
Requirements: Very tall ceilings. A temple area. A large kitchen and dining hall where feasts can be held. Lots of food production or stockpiled. A grand library where he can put his holy scriptures is also useful.
Abilities: As a Prophet, Alistarius has access to the ability of eating his foes' appendixes to become more powerful. Most often times he also eats the whole corpse, though. As for the rage that other minotaurs have, he is able to decide when he is succumbed to it, although the rage will only subside after the enemy is sufficiently destroyed.

Stats:
Attack: 3(+4)
Defense: 3(-3)
HP: 3(+3)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5