Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]  (Read 9374 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Servants of a Keeper [Dungeon Keeper Thing]
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 01:09:49 pm »

Oh, nostalgia~
Good call there, IronyOwl. Already liking it.

Name: Duke Kraven
Appearance: He is clad in flowing robes of dark crimson, his skin taut over his dry, bony remains. The few lasting strands of white hair are finely cared for, accenting the eyes that glow with a dark fire, while a black mist always seems to waft about him.
Specialities: Necromancy, Ritualism
Preferences: Under 30, Blond, Fair Skin Hard Workers, Intelligent Conversations, Good Books, Fresh Elven Meat
Agenda: Enslaving the Surface World. Not only for the culinary delights of the many races available there, but also for their Knowledge of the Arcane.

(( Actually, are the servants only supposed to take the first two options of the sheet, or will the later options net us something in the way of starting skills? ))
Allright, thanks. "Fixed" now.
+1
+2

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 05:47:51 pm »

Lucky I saw this, reminded me Dungeon Keeper is currently free on GOG.com.

So are there multiple minions, each a player, or just one?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

Lucky I saw this, reminded me Dungeon Keeper is currently free on GOG.com.
And DK2 is a pittance.

So are there multiple minions, each a player, or just one?
Each player will be a different minion, presumably along with NPC mooks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 07:37:07 pm »

Name: High Priest Grokin (Of the God Travimos)
Appearance:
Outwardly, an illusory pale gray skinned 7 ft tall hobgoblin wearing dragon scale armor studded with dragon teeth and wielding a large hooked staff.
Actually, an 8.5 ft tall red scaled ogre mage wearing a black fur coated robe with thin steel bands woven into the underlying fabric. (The above staff is real). He has a black ink tatoo on his face of a dragon scale. Silver Holy Symbol of the God Travimos on a silver chain around his neck.
Specialities: Religions Rituals to the God Travimos, Harsh and zealous combat training, Magic involving fire. Roasted knights, political machinations. 
Preferences: Ogres, Non human races (non dwarf, elf, gnome, halfling, or human), Steel, fire.
Agenda: Eliminating Human, elf, dwarven, halfling, and gnomish kingdoms. Reasserting the dominance of the long lost Ogre empire Krokiv and the worship of the God Travimos. Creating a system of rule where Ogres occupy the top rung of society followed by non human allies.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 07:57:27 pm »

Name: Queen Malady
Appearance: Slightly overweight middle-aged women. Stands at about 5.1 ft. She usually wears a worn, but regal looking dress and copious amounts of makeup.
Specialties: Healing and Support Magic
Preferences: Anything that obeys her without question and feeds her ego.
Agenda: She was the bastard(and first born) child of a late king, who sent her to a convent to learn the arts of mystic healing. She became a healer of some renown. When her father fell ill, she was tasked with keeping him in good health. She worked tirelessly, and was praised for her efforts. When the King passed, however the crown and scepter was passed to her younger half-brother of only 13 years. Malady felt betrayed and attempted a successful coup, and banished her half brother. A grave mistake. Her Half-Brother returned, we'll versed in the arts of war. This, coupled with the betrayal of some of her closest advisers forced her to turn to powers of the dark to get her stolen kingdom back.

EDIT- Forgot endgame
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:59:21 pm by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 08:02:26 pm »

Wait can I join without helping the construction of the DM because I'm bad at making leaderly positions.
Crack-a-lack-a

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 08:50:49 pm »

Name: Lord Fafnir
Appearance: Human with shadow magicy draconic features (condensed black smoke). He generally wears mostly concealing black robes.
Strengths: Devastating magic, deciphering ancient rituals, creative applications of magic.
Weaknesses: Diplomacy, big-picture strategies, figuring out what 'good' people are thinking/planning.
Preferences: He likes to monologue and discuss interesting magical theory. He loathes loss of knowledge to the world, and thus the more conservative good-aligned mages who are too weak-willed to control certain spells and accepting their status as forbidden. He refuses to accept insects as food in his dungeon, or creatures that eat/damage books.
Agenda: Discovering ancient spells or interesting new spells, and unlocking the secrets of the universe. He would really love to put his dungeon in a pocket dimension and hop it between planes, eventually amassing a personal library of knowledge from every imaginable reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 08:56:51 pm »

Wait can I join without helping the construction of the DM because I'm bad at making leaderly positions.
You may. You could also aid in construction even if you don't intend to play, if you wanted to for whatever reason.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 11:06:35 pm »

Hmm, there are quite a lot of submissions already. The only ones to have gotten any +1s are mine, and escaped lurker's has gotten two.
I rather like his Duke Kraven character, so I'll go ahead and +1 that so we can hopefully get this show on the road.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 11:10:51 pm »

Oh, nostalgia~
Good call there, IronyOwl. Already liking it.

Name: Duke Kraven
Appearance: He is clad in flowing robes of dark crimson, his skin taut over his dry, bony remains. The few lasting strands of white hair are finely cared for, accenting the eyes that glow with a dark fire, while a black mist always seems to waft about him.
Specialities: Necromancy, Ritualism
Preferences: Under 30, Blond, Fair Skin Hard Workers, Intelligent Conversations, Good Books, Fresh Elven Meat
Agenda: Enslaving the Surface World. Not only for the culinary delights of the many races available there, but also for their Knowledge of the Arcane.

(( Actually, are the servants only supposed to take the first two options of the sheet, or will the later options net us something in the way of starting skills? ))
Allright, thanks. "Fixed" now.

+1 to this. Let's get it rolling.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 11:13:00 pm »

((Don't realy have an opinion on the Overlord, but I have a great idea for my minion later (mad-scientist witch focusing on golems, basically). Is this game inspired by the fic Dungeon Keeper Ami mayhaps?))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 11:26:02 pm »

(No, I'm pretty sure it's inspired by the original Dungeon Keeper video games.)
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »

Hum. I was halfway through rewriting Duke Kraven to incorporate some other suggestions when he won by a landslide. Would you like to start with Classic Kraven or New Kraven?

Duke Kraven
Appearance
A tall, still somewhat handsome man with parchment-white skin drawn tight over a disdainful expression. His very pale blonde, finely combed hair falls nearly to his shoulders, and his eyes smolder like coal pits, shifting orbs of glowing black and red. He typically wears fine dark crimson robes with black highlights, and a red signet ring bearing what looks like a curled dragon adorns one finger.
Specialities
Lord Kraven is an accomplished ritualist and researcher, well-versed in topics both obscure and terrible. [Something something usually necromancy/life force but offended by implications that he's a necromancer as opposed to a scholar.]
Preferences: Under 30, Blond, Fair Skin Hard Workers, Intelligent Conversations, Good Books, Fresh Elven Meat [Unrewritten.]
Agenda: Enslaving the Surface World. Not only for the culinary delights of the many races available there, but also for their Knowledge of the Arcane. [Unrewritten.]

((Don't realy have an opinion on the Overlord, but I have a great idea for my minion later (mad-scientist witch focusing on golems, basically). Is this game inspired by the fic Dungeon Keeper Ami mayhaps?))
Eugh, I hope not. I've got some WORDS on that topic.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 11:27:48 pm »

I like that Kraven. Is good.
The Derail Thread

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 01:50:28 am »

Rewritten Kraven is good. I like what you did with the initial description there.

Because it popped into my mind - As 5 of the other suggestors mentioned or voted for someone with armour, how about we have him also wear one along these lines?;

~"When going to battle, his outfit is joined by an enchanted "dark plate" on his torso, that has additional details from the other posters ideas on itself or worked in somehow"~

An enchanted plate would not be converse with his status as a mage, but could include some fine touches from the other players. Unless you deem the description to overladen by that idea, that is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5