Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]  (Read 9356 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Servants of Duke Kraven [Dungeon Keeper Thing; Character Creation Up]
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 05:00:40 pm »

Creature
Name: Cyclops
Appearance: Gigantic orange skined humanoids with a single eye in the middle of their face and large horn on their head.
Personality: Cyclops are cruel creatures that prefer drinking and eating over most other things. Surprisingly, they make good farmers.
Preferences: Cyclops prefer eating meat, preferabbly those of humans. They also prefer torture and eat their opponents alive if they can. They also tend to their farms whenever they can.

Default Actions: Eating, drinking, eating prisoners alive.
Requirements: Farm area, torture room, very tall ceilings.
Abilities: Good farmers: Cyclops are good at farming, surprising as it is.
Stats:
Attack: 4
Defense: 3
HP: 5

Character
Name: Wegog the Devourer
Appearance: A muscular Cyclops wearing a leather loincloth and armor, made of human leather. He carries a large wooden club with him.
Personality: Wegog is cruel and as his name implies, very hungry.
Preferences: Human meat and byproducts, torturing enemies, drinking, eating.

Default Actions:
Requirements: A torture room, a farm area, a dining hall.
Abilities: Grand farmer: Wegog is good at farming, more so than the rest of his kind.
             Feast: Wegog's urges cause him to eat opponents even during fights.
Stats:
Attack: 6
Defense: 4
HP: 7

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 06:50:13 pm »

Creature
Name: Witch/Hag
Appearance: Very old female human.

Personality: Irritable, wise, judgmental
Preferences: To be left alone to their work and not be disturbed by petty conflict.

Default Actions: Research, brewing/collecting ingredients for potions, complaining, evil rituals, snoring loudly having fallen asleep during the previous activities
Requirements: Library, peace and quiet, not being to cold damp or having to many stairs, some kind of garden or natural cave to grow/gather ingredients
Abilities:
 - Spells as a warlock at 2 levels lower
 - Can brew potions that buff stats (by an amount equal to the witch's level) for a short time or mimic any creature-buffing spells a warlock 1 level higher could cast. (balance this by making the production as slow as it needs to)
 - Good at diverse kinds of minion-creating or equipment-enchanting magic. Necromancy, summoning, that kind of thing.
Attack: 2
Defense: 2
HP: 2

Character
Name: Margret the Watchmaker.
Appearance: A clockpunk-styled witch, one to large and unseeing clockwork eye (that's actually a crystal ball) and the other is gone completely. Emits a constant disturbing ticking sound.
Personality: Pragmatic, Introverted, Brilliant ((think Wetherwax))
Preferences: To continue her experiments without diversion, simple material comfort in her old age (especially warm things like fireplaces and socks)

Default Actions: Research, tinkering with clockwork, building things, pointing out the myriad ways in which everyone else is wrong
Requirements: Library, workshop, surgical equipment (well stocked torture chamber will do in a pinch), occasional imps or prisoners to disassemble for parts, a small room with a fireplace and a lockable door
Abilities:
 - Spells as a warlock at 2 levels lower
 - Excels at building all kinds of traps
 - Constructing minions on various kinds, usually clockwork. This is the BIG THING.
 - General engineering and physics knowledge and resulting awesomeness
 - Her crystal ball eye while blurry and monochrome does mean her viewpoint is not tied to her physical location
Attack: 2
Defense: 2
HP: 2
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 07:50:17 pm »

Question what's going on?

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 08:44:18 pm »

Character and Creature creation.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 08:59:29 pm »

Character being the duke and creature being witches/skeleton s?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2014, 09:05:34 pm »

Creatures ae whatever we want to make.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2014, 11:56:14 pm »

Looks like someone made the mage creature, I was getting worried after not seeing them anywhere before Armok showed up.

Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2014, 12:58:50 am »

We have our (not entirely finished) Overlord ready to go, so now everybody's making their characters and kind.

I am.. honestly not sure what you are trying to get at.
I'm getting at the fact that 3(-2)/3(-2)/3(-2) is wildly different from 1/1/1. The former means they'll always be 2 points weaker than a creature with similar experience totals; the latter means they start a little behind on experience, but will likely eventually catch up. Your kobold has different starting stats but no mods, meaning they'll tend to look like other creatures over time.

Which is fine, similar to being unique, but I wanted to make sure that's what you wanted.

So, on to specifics.

Duke Kraven
Appearance
A tall, still somewhat handsome man with parchment-white skin drawn tight over a disdainful expression. His very pale blonde, finely combed hair falls nearly to his shoulders, and his eyes smolder like coal pits, shifting orbs of glowing black and red. He typically wears fine dark crimson robes with black highlights, and a red signet ring bearing what looks like a curled dragon adorns one finger. He is prone to summoning black bone-themed plate armor onto himself for battle or to inspire the troops.
Specialities
Lord Kraven is an accomplished ritualist and researcher, well-versed in topics both obscure and terrible. His most common works involve life force, corpses, and souls, but woe betide those who describe him as a simple necromancer to his face.
Preferences: Lord Kraven has a taste for the finer things. He greatly values knowledge of all sorts, but especially that of the arcane. He has a refined taste in all things culinary, enjoying fine wines and lavish dishes, especially when they are or include the blood and flesh of fairer creatures. He also enjoys a young, fair maiden now and then, when one can be found. In his servants, he values intelligence and loquacity in those fit to discuss higher affairs with him, and diligence in their menial tasks from those who cannot.
Agenda: Duke Kraven values knowledge above all, and strives constantly to discover more arcane power. However, conquest is a close second- while he refuses to discuss the details, he appears to feel angry and cheated at most other empires and royalty, and makes a distinct point of defeating and humiliating them utterly.

This is our current Overlord, though there's still room for further input.

Next, I thought I'd give everyone's entries an evaluation, in a few cases to point out possible problems, but mostly just so you know what you're getting yourselves into. However, to keep things going and introduce and test the system, I'll also be running a few turns with Kraven's imps, so you can see how it works.

That'll have to wait a bit, though. Stay tuned, for the next exciting episode of...

SERVANTS
OF
KRAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEN
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 01:10:07 am »

Hmm, not sure how he'll react to my guys.
Looks awesome, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 08:22:20 pm »

oh in that case I should change my stats:

Witches:
Attack: 4 (-2)
Defense: 4 (-2)
HP: 4 (-2)

Margret the Watchmaker:
Attack: 3 (-1)
Defense: 3 (-1)
HP: 3 (-1)

Not sure if I should edit my original post to reflect this.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 08:40:42 pm »

Can i trow one out their?

Slime Lizards:

Atk: 2
Def: 2

Must be around swampy water in order to survive.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2014, 05:45:25 am »

Alright, let's do some things.

First, we'll have starting turns.

Turn 1

As you can see, Kraven starts with nothing but an intact Dungeon Heart... and knowledge of a Portal right next to it.

He also starts with four imps, which is rather important. He'll set one to mining out of his Heart in each cardinal direction.

Chalice, his first imp, starts mining to the east. Chalice has Mining 1.
[CRIT][Poor] Oh dear. Poor Chalice has crit, but then rolled poorly for the crit. That means he's dug out some unique feature or another, but it's a poor fit for his goal of digging through the wall.

In this case, we'll say he's dug out some bizarre sound tunnels somehow. Noises are magnified coming from the Portal to the Heart.

Next up is Grim, digging to the south.
[Poor] Well at least Chalice got a crit out of his efforts. Grim just digs out half a block.

Lacy has the west.
[Good] Finally! Lacy makes good progress to the west, though since it's fortified he doesn't actually break down the wall yet. That's okay though, it's only the first turn.

Lacy does gain another advantage, though- 2 points of experience. That leaves him at Mining 2, and (1/2) to Mining 3.

Finally, we have Tine to the north.
[Good] Tine has the same results as Lacy. Poor Chalice and Grim.

Turn 2
Alright, let's try again.

Chalice: [Poor] Poor, poor Chalice. He does make half a point of progress...
Grim: [CRIT][CRIT][Normal] Whoa. Grim has doublecrit normally. That means he's come up with something truly exceptional and bizarre, albeit fairly small on account of his skill only being 1. I suppose we'll say it's a hand-carved catapult-style thing for small packages, ready to hurl them down the southern corridor at a moment's notice. He also gains Mining 2.
Lacy: [Good] That's enough to break through the western wall and then continue a square. It's also enough to get him Mining 3.
Tine: [Poor] Half of mining 2 is still a point, so he does make some progress. The northern wall is 3/5ths mined out.

Turn 3
And one more before we move on.

Chalice: [Good] About time! Chalice gains Mining 2, and the eastern wall is now 2.5/5 mined out.
Grim: [Poor] Poor Grim. Southern wall is 1/5 mined out.
Lacy: [Poor] Half of 3 is still enough to get another tile mined out, so that's good. The next one is half gone as well.
Tine: [Good] Tine makes good progress to the north, breaking through the wall and then clearing out two more spaces. He also gains Mining 3.

So this is our current dungeon, soundchannels and packageapult not shown.

Our imps look like so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So it's taking a while, but the imps are learning quickly.

But enough about mindless workers, let's take a look at our mindless warriors.

scapheap's Dark Elves and Clair Woods
Spoiler: Analysis (click to show/hide)

lurker's Exiled

Mc Dwarf's Darksquid and Mala

Deathsword's Skeleton and Jailor

HissinhWalnuts' Shadows and Miravex

Kaferian's Minotaurs and Alistarius

darkpally's Cyclops and Wegog

Armok's Witches and Margret

mastah's Dark Dwarves and Urist

Can i trow one out their?

Slime Lizards:

Atk: 2
Def: 2

Must be around swampy water in order to survive.
I'm not sure if I should allow people to throw in critters without joining or not.

If so, these guys are rather bland, though. Weak starting stats but no mods, no special abilities, and a need for swampy water. The water requirement in particular is likely to mean they might not ever see use.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 06:47:41 am »

*reads* I know I already made a species, but one, we missing a type every overlord needs and two, we missing cannon fodder

Spoiler: Goblin (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 08:59:03 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2014, 12:32:02 pm »

Deathsword's Skeleton and Jailor
Could I add the ability to raise skeletons from corpses to the Jailor then? I was a bit wary of making something too powerful when I was making the character.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5