Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.  (Read 13193 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: The X-COM Project:For real this time.
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2014, 11:36:55 am »

((I noticed in the OP you said that players will be controlling the Aliens. How will that work?))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2014, 11:38:43 am »

((Assuming the GM is a human, players don't control the aliens as per the OP.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2014, 12:17:29 pm »

Just a note to all you guys with very bad aim. The modifier for low cover is a flat -20 to aim. Full cover is -40. So, in case you want to adjust your sheets. Your stats will go up as you rank up, but, on early missions you're not going to have a fun time. Also, range will affect your aim too.
Define "very bad".

Health: Default: 4+1
We were not told that we would be getting health-boosting armor. It looks like you're trying to get an extra 20 points. Especially to folks unfamiliar with XCOM.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2014, 12:23:02 pm »

We were not told that we would be getting health-boosting armor. It looks like you're trying to get an extra 20 points. Especially to folks unfamiliar with XCOM.

Uh... Did you read the OP completely?

You start with 4 health by default, and get one health from the basic body armor. So the default, if you don't get any additional health, is 4+1.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2014, 01:05:29 pm »

Just a note to all you guys with very bad aim. The modifier for low cover is a flat -20 to aim. Full cover is -40. So, in case you want to adjust your sheets. Your stats will go up as you rank up, but, on early missions you're not going to have a fun time. Also, range will affect your aim too.
Define "very bad".

Health: Default: 4+1
People with above 40 will be fine. Everyone else might want to reconsider their point allocation.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2014, 01:38:42 pm »

Basically if you have under 40 it's your job to run in circles flapping your arms like a crazy person so the aliens are to busy laughing at you to notice me shooting at them.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2014, 03:32:30 pm »

Operation Hot Line, Introduction.

Mission Control is a blur of activity. Soldiers are moving left and right, and techies are busy trying to rig up the hologlobe. You stand in front of Commander Bradford.
:"You five have been chosen to be our first strike force against the alien troops. Right now, earth is reeling from this sudden blow, and we need you to get out there and show people that we are fighting back. It is very important that you succeed here, otherwise it will hurt our relations with the council nations significantly. Also, don't try to blow too many things up. Otherwise our science team won't have anything to work with." He rolls his eyes and mumbles something about "Lunatics". "Anyways, do you understand?

Before you have a chance to reply, he waves a lackey over who shows you to the armory. They equip you with a standard rifle, a grenade, and a pistol, and shove you off towards the Skyranger. You get on, and spend most of the time checking equipment, getting into combat armor, and soon the Pilot tells you you have about 20 minuets to landing, and the Bradford is going to brief you in more detail at 10. You have 10 minuets to talk with your teammates before the briefing.

Spoiler: Mark (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anastasiya Smirnova (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Phillip Brown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Apollo Devicus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexis Kitty (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Everyone else/OOC (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2014, 04:50:18 pm »

Anastasiya glares and stares at her four teammates.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »

Mark gets out his lucky hat and pops it on his head. "So Any got an idea what we are fighting if there will be anything other then little grey men"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2014, 05:15:20 pm »

"No idea, I've seen the aftermath of an attack before though and it ain't pretty.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2014, 05:49:30 pm »

Apollo sits in the back, checking his rifle.
"We'll want to take this slow and cautiously first. We don't fully know what technology these aliens have, and their damage potential. Once we assess the situation, we may begin gaining momentum against them."

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »

"Damage potential? Thats simple. They turn your body into a pile of goo. I've seen first hand what damage they do to a human body. I suggest not getting hit."
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2014, 06:26:56 pm »

((Um, are the assumptions being made by the previous players correct?))

Apollo sits in the back, checking his rifle.
"We'll want to take this slow and cautiously first. We don't fully know what technology these aliens have, and their damage potential. Once we assess the situation, we may begin gaining momentum against them."
"OR, we could shoot them and assess their guns after they're dead."
Sig

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2014, 06:50:07 pm »

((Close enough.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2014, 06:53:44 pm »

"Damage potential? Thats simple. They turn your body into a pile of goo. I've seen first hand what damage they do to a human body. I suggest not getting hit."
Apollo shrugs. "Serves to prove my point. Let's try not to get ourselves shot here."

"OR, we could shoot them and assess their guns after they're dead."
"We shoot them after we establish the situation. If you wish to go headstrong and guns blazing, fine by me. It's not my blood that's going to spill on the stones. But I'd prefer to keep our squad intact past the first mission. This is a war, after all."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12